People like to shit on Scaruffi here but he is literally the only music critic worth taking seriously and I would be...

People like to shit on Scaruffi here but he is literally the only music critic worth taking seriously and I would be elated for somebody to prove me wrong.

CONFIRMED SHIT CRITICS:
>Anthony Fantano
>Robert Christgau
>Mark Prindle
>p4k and literally any publication with more than a sole reviewer (all of them)

Other urls found in this thread:

scaruffi.com/history/jazz14.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He is clueless unless its rock

He's reviewed more than 50000 albums.

How can other "reviewers" even compete?

>taking critics seriously

This is where you went wrong and it's also why Prindle is the only critic worth paying any remote attention to.

Why would I care about a critic with bad opinions?

Really makes you think

Why would you care about a critic at all?

he cares about the way music is made and how many dollars artist earns with it more than about actual music
he doesn't listen to albums completely
artist's popularity also changes his opinions

before you post your assumptions: i never listened to a single radiohead/the beatles album and i dont plan to
i dislike almost every bowie album
the only 3 bjork albums i like are vulnicura, vespertine and medulla

he realizes that being a contrarian is reasonable if you want to be paid for your reviews

to help me decide what is worth listening to and what isn't

>taking the time to read music reviews
>not using that time to actually listen to the music
>not just making your own opinions
>gambling on the idea that your tastes will align with some random guy and that you won't skip over something you might have actually loved

You realise you can read music reviews while listening to music right? And if you love an album that Scaruffi panned you are just a pleb.

>listening to music without paying attention to it counts as real listening

scaruffi.com/history/jazz14.html

Anybody else notice that for white musicians he states that they're white?

he values his reputation more than the music. I mean who the fuck would advertise themself as a "thinker". He tries so hard but ultimately possesses close to no self awareness at all.

hes the best of a pile of shit which doesnt say much. i do like tmr and faust tho

>worth taking seriously

Uh, what? Why would you take a critic seriously? Sure, if you want some suggestions on things to listen to then go ahead and read some reviews, whatever. That's similar to browsing somewhere like Sup Forums. Actually taking any of it seriously? Now that's pushing it, "music critic" is probably pretty close to the top of list of jobs that serve basically no function at all. You could put "youtube commenter" down as your profession and be in roughly the same weight class.

probably because jazz is a black genre of music . . . . . . . . .

Jazz was made popular by White people you dunce. Without White people, Jazz wouldn't have made it past the clubs of New York City

very irrelevant point . . . . . . . . .

>giving music arbitrary numbers out of ten

See that's where your wrong user, Jazz would have died out by the early 40s if it wasn't for White people making record labels for Jazz musicians, then White people making the genre popular with middle America in the mid and late 50s.

>having "thinker" unironically on your business card

bet this faggot wears a fedora too

>artist's popularity also changes his opinions
He's literally our guy

le plebs don't know good music xDD

I suppose he may be one of the better rock critics. But who the hell over the age of 18 still listens to rock, and who would want to read reviews about rock albums?

has literally nothing to do with what i first said but thanks for telling me this completely unneeded fact . . . . .

First off, stop doing the . . . . this isn't Tumblr or fucking Reddit. Second, it has all to do with your point; you mention it's a Black genre of music - and yes you'd be correct - but it's a Black genre of music made popular in America EXLCUSIVELY by White People before the Civil Rights movements. Also White People are the only reason Jazz is even still taken seriously in Modern music - there really aren't that many Black people making Jazz anymore - It's almost exclusively dominated by White Musicians. Jazz has always been an inherently White genre of music, from Record Label owners to fans. None of your favourite Jazz records (if you even listen to Jazz) were produced by White people, and the only reason those records were made, was White People.

>and yes you'd be correct
stopped reading there honestly . . . . . .

jazz being made popular by white people doesn't mean it's a white genre. the actual jazz artists are primarily black and deal with black themes.

>there really aren't that many Black people making Jazz anymore

not true at all

Get off this website you stupid fuck . . . . .

>>>/Reddit/

Seriously though, what's with the ellipsis at the end of your posts. Are you autistic or something? Explain this to me.

Jazz would have died by the early 40s if it wasn't for White People. The average Joe didn't give a fuck about it pre civil rights movements

Black people don't give a fuck about Jazz anymore, they don't even care about Soul. They really don't make it anymore, the people being taught to play Jazz music at the highest level are CLOSE to exclusively White people.

it conveys the tone that i want to use when i reply to your posts . . . . . . .

>Jazz would have died by the early 40s if it wasn't for White People. The average Joe didn't give a fuck about it pre civil rights movements

>Black people don't give a fuck about Jazz anymore, they don't even care about Soul. They really don't make it anymore, the people being taught to play Jazz music at the highest level are CLOSE to exclusively White people.

none of this is close to true. you are so uneducated it hurts. but what should I expect from someone making a ">>>/reddit/" post. classic example of a newfag trying to fit in.

read a book.

You can't generalise a race you retard that's where racism came from

>People like to shit on Scaruffi here
Sup Forums already gives Scaruffi too much respect.