Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KlHFye6_Icc
youtube.com/watch?v=3jTlIKww0SM
youtube.com/watch?v=IHE6hZU72A4
youtube.com/watch?v=z71MNmi5Jh0
m.youtube.com/watch?v=gNpyCG32aGI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

gibson sucks

These look nice but I don't know if I want to buy pickups that cost half the price of the guitar tho.

let the memes beegin

I have no idea what guitar to get. I want a semi hollow but I don't know what to look for that's not overly expensive. I'd also like a nice strat as I only have a Mexican one, but I don't really want to get one if I already have it.

first for how do I learn guitar

AND

how do I know when I've learnt guitar?

Not that guy, but I've got Fender custom shop pups in a $50 pawn shop squier.

With some good pots, locking tuners and a decked trem, it plays like a dream.

Get an epiphone and call it a day. Speaking of epiphone I have a question dudes.

So I have an epiphone SG, and the bridge pickup doesn't have as much output as I'd like it to. Does anyone have any recommendations on a pickup that the cover will still fit over, yet has more output?

Really considering buying a new bass and I found a Fujigen J-Standard for $400 used. Good deal?

That's basically what I had in mind for my Mexistrat yeah. I like the neck a lot since it's so different from my other super fast Jackson necks but the hardware is meh at best. Already blocked the trem and I plan to change pickups, tuners and paint it white, love them white guitars.

what do you call the technique he is doing on the back beat? Palm muting or Chucking?

youtube.com/watch?v=KlHFye6_Icc

Also If you have any good videos detailing how to do it please post

is a squier affinity telecaster worth buying, I'm a poorfag and already own a ibanez gio

He is just hitting the strings while muted. I guess you could call it palm muting?

>ibenis

Just stick with your ibanez until you can afford something better

>new strandberg lineups of guitars
>downgrade all the frets from stainless steel to nickel
>keep the same price or increase it

The guy went full jew.

>(((berg)))

Turns out stainless isn't really all that great. It still wears out, cost 2-3 times as much to replace as nickel silver, and you go through strings like a motherfucker.

Of course it wears out, it's not magic, but it's still more durable.

Regardless, the prices should've gone down instead of up.

everything about this picture is so disturbing

Arrives tomorrow. Sporting a bit of a stiffy.

o bby

>that piece of black plastic around the pickup selector
Why? It ruins the looks of the guitar imo.

>memeanez

Woo lad take pictures

Would only bother me if it didn't match the other hardware for some reason.

get stainless strings. problem solved

Schecter corsairs for $500ish are Great, and the model up Corsair custom (block inlays) has the Schecter Pasadena pickups which sound extremely great.

IF you are in a lower price range the Epiphones are actually good semihollows but the pick ups are over wired garbage. You need to replace them, again I'd recommend those schecter pasadena for blues smooth creamy clean or if you want to play loud/punk the dirty fingers from gibson. Has a great jangly bright yet clear dirty tone that is unmatched IMO.

I'd ebay a Fender MiM or Schecter PT. Much much better guitars and used they drop down to the sub $300 range.

nice, be sure to post a video of you shredding to some AX7 or other generic metal on youtube.

I learned by copying my favorite dudes fingering and picking and learning all of his songs with his technique.

Theres a feature on youtube that wasn't there 12 years ago when I learned where you can watch videos at half speed.

If you are already musically trained you can usually figure out songs by watching and by ear if not you can use tabs.

Honestly slowing upgrading the parts on that thing isn't a bad way to go. I think the new schecter pick ups based off their 80s stuff is a great way to go, good prices, and also warmoth makes fender replacement parts where you can get a new neck built to your preferred specs. Go try out different neck profiles at GC and replace the one on the squire down the road. New bridge and you'll have a really nice guitar.

Sup /gg/, I have a semi-related question:
Can everybody sing? Or can some people just never learn it? I want to be able to sing but I think my voice sucks right now and I'm not sure if maybe there just is no foundation to build on

Can anyone provide me with the schematics for this?

How do you git gud on bass.

I feel like I have no sense of groove whatsoever.

>slowly upgraded a piece of shit vintage
>bought it at the pawn shop for $150
>over one year put in another $400
>People cream over my guitar
>It's the memest guitar ever
>two amps
KEK

Are both those pots global?

Anyone can learn to sing however most people's voices naturally sound boring same-y. I'd say 90% of people end up sounding like the starting line or bullet for my valentine or from first to last when they sing well.

If you don't have a unique voice dont waste your time because you'll never make it.

i was afraid it was gonna be like that, so yeah thanks

Not sure since English is not my first language and I'm not the first owner of this guitar or those pots.

So given my current schedule is fucked I have five hours between classes twice a week, how bad of an idea is it to leave an electric guitar in my car during the day to practice on during this gap? I have a soft case but temperatures would fluctuate to very fucking cold to warm and very fucking hot to cold and vice versa when I'm driving and turning the car off.

If its a squire dont sweat it because its already junk but the wood will warp and the guitar will get fucked.

>he fell for the epiphone meme

Get a cheapo model. With the temperature changes like that I wouldn't want anything expensive.

Well, fuck. What if it's cold as fuck/hot as fuck but constant? I have a hatch right now (sports car though, go figure) but I'm buying one with an actual trunk soon.

anybody knows what kind of pedals do i need to get that arpeggiated delay sound?

youtube.com/watch?v=3jTlIKww0SM

Digital delay, tap tempo, different note divisions so you dont have to stomp in double or quadruple time, play arpeggios

Well thats not as bad. As the guitar changes temperature though the wood will warp and probably youll notice certain frets wont work anymore etc. I currently have a $600 guitar that warps at the 13th fret in winter temps in my appartment, aka, below 65 degrees and fret 11 and 12 on the b string are always a C note because of the warping.

I've seen guitars where it warps so bad whole strings go out.

In spring/summer/autumn though my guitar goes back to normal.

Humidity also matters.

So idk go for for it but be prepared to risk the guitar.

metronome, not even trolling t.b.h. famalam

Here's an inspirational video: youtube.com/watch?v=IHE6hZU72A4

bootsy is so cool desu

How retarded would it be to use these on a regular electric guitar?

Why would it be?

Good lad, i got the maple finish the other day

IMO it's too heavy of a string gauge; I'd use 11's or 12's, but that is pushing it for me. Also, use flats, not rounds; with flats you won't have the "string talk" of sliding your fingers around.

This isn't necessarily true... With years of singing you develop your own timbre.. the ones who sound generic are mediocre singers..

Aw yeah. What are you running it through?

If you ain't using .9's you're using shit

>Ibenhadz
lol

Go Gibson or go home.

>cheapson
Lmao

>Scarlett Solo
t, poor student

I'll probably be getting a vox soon though

meant for

>people that buy Gibson think they're getting a quality instrument.

>people that buy Gibson really think they're getting something that's better than some cheap Chinese trash

It's made in America you dumb shit.

Hence why

>people that buy Gibson doesn't actually know how to read

I will cut you.

lol

youtube.com/watch?v=z71MNmi5Jh0

Why would I want to just let my guitar sit around though? I want to play it.

Does he not play it?

Is this a parody video?

>implying thats a good thing

Nah, John Mayer for example has a great voice from birth without training it. Sonny from From First to Last / Skirllex has a shitty voice no matter how much he trains it.

how much theory do i need

what are some core things i actually need to know

No that's what Gibson owners are actually like.

You don't need to play to have a Gibson.

Bump.

Anyone?

He's sperging out full autism about it but didnt even look up the year it was made.

Are there any easy to learn songs with harmonics in them? I've only had Roundabout to play and I'm thirsty for more.

everything you do on your instrument involves theory. it's in the chords you play, their progressions, their notes, their pitches. literally everything you do has a term in musical theory.
don't be afraid of it. they teach this to children after all.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=gNpyCG32aGI

Barracuda?

>zero fret made out of brass

Are they literally retarded?

I can't believe people still fall for the gibson meme

>Guitar Headstock Rant - Why Martin Acoustics Don't Stay in Tune!

>.9's
AHAHAHA baby needs light string gauge? hhaaahhaha!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a passage from a piece by Mauro Giuliani that prominently features artificial harmonics.
The places you see saying "Armonici~~~~~~~Loco" are all harmonics.
Knock yourself out.

You don't usually bend strings on an acoustic guitar though.

Nice try, Gibcuck.

>you don't usually bend strings on an acoustic

>>you don't usually bend strings on an acoustic

lol
>Guitar Headstock Rant - Why Gretschs Don't Stay in Tune!

>you don't
If you're not good I suppose, Tommy Emmanuel does just fine.

Although I dislike the tone he gets and I hate that string snapping sound,makes it sound sloppy.

>this design is flawless! there is absolutely nothing wrong with it!

you gibcucks will justify anything

Your quote is one word short. Maybe try reading the whole sentence?

lol
>Guitar Headstock Rant - Why Rickenbackers Don't Stay in Tune!

What's this gibshit cuck going on about?

it's the usual nu-roman shitposting, but this time with an effort towards originality

But what's the point he's trying to make?

none
it's literally just shallow, bland shitposting

>tfw all some anons want to do is start fights and we will never have peace in /gg/