Probably because it's good.

farscape>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>stargate

i will never understand the plebs on this board

based characters
dat doctor doe hnng

Stargate = farscape

There's room to love both

GOOLD?

Farscape was good when it was good, but it missed the mark a lot. The characters and writing were all over the place, and I think it took the writers a long time to really figure out what they wanted to do with Criton. It also had a pretty bad finale.

Scorpio remained the one sustaining force in the show, though, especially after he died and was just a hallucination. I probably would've lost interest during the slow bits if it weren't for that beautiful motherfucker.

Stargate was... different. It was less "deep" to be sure, and I don't think you could technically call the writing good, but it always delivered. The characters were great, everyone had chemistry with everyone - even the one-off side characters were memorable. Some of the best lore in any sci-fi show - It was just the right mix of everything.

>mfw people talking all these supposedly good sci-fi shows I'll never be able to watch due to lack of proper free time

Why compare the two when the last few seasons of Babylon 5 are clearly superior? No one will ever beat G'kar and Londo in their prime.

Imagine all the time you could have by watching shows instead of browsing Sup Forums, user.

I'm just browsing and posting on /tv and /sp like 30-40 min per day, not a big deal, I don't spend hours here like most of anons.

user, I just started Babylon 5, been burning hard and I'm close to the season 1 finale.

Honestly, I don't know what everyone was talking about when they said that the early episodes were corny and slow. They were pretty good, and it's just been getting better and better.

I'm pumped as fuck for whatever Chrysalis is about, everyone says it's gonna be huge and the little psychic girl who's a terrible actress but promptly left forever dropped the first hint about it.

Because it's prime Sci-fi that was made just before the era of large, deatiled universed (made by lots of background development through classic "problem of the week" 22 episode seasons production)

Since Stargate ended, tv has shifted into 8 episode single arc seasons where the universe lacks scope and it feels like a 16 hour movie that takes a year to fully come out.

That's one episode of a show you could be watching, user! Get your shit together!

It's a comparative distinction, user, you'll understand later. They're certainly not bad, just incomplete.

It becomes so much more once the writers really figure out where they want to go, and the true lore and story starts shining through.

Just be prepared for a lot of QUEUE SPARKLING SOUND EFFECT.

>not watching and shitposting simultaneously

But I can't, I need muh daily dose of 4chen.

But if you watch SG-1 then you'll have much more fun pooting in these threads. You need to alternate days between watching shows and pootin on this webzone yere.

>pootin on this webzone yere

I no longer understand where I am.

In what order should I consume

from beginning to end, my friend

all of them in the order that they came out

dont watch this
youtube.com/watch?v=bZLaPCcE8n8

Why is Stargåte so highly regarded?

because its good, and its comfy, likable characters etc.

Indeed.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qfgdlw1Z88I

Do I watch the movie too?

Shut up nerd.

RDA

Is the scene where Teal'c interrogates that scientist just by frowning at him the best scene?

The movie is not 100% necessary to understand the show. They do a good enough job explaining in the first episode. That being said, its worth a watch just a the basic source material. Though the show quickly shifts to a lighter tone early on.

the things i would have done to carter if i were stuck in a time loop

I'm sorry I have to link this, i found this by accident looking for the B5 chime sound effect.

youtube.com/watch?v=0w2pK_uBpXQ

Don't watch this if you haven't seen the show but, my fucking face hurts. I'm 40 minutes in and my face hurts so much. This is the funniest panel I've ever seen.

Its up there.
Also....How about we do nothing? is a good one.

it's ancients

>Babylon 5

Word to the muthafuckin muthaship.

Lots of the stuff about the gate design made no sense in the context of a movie

Like how the gate is treated like a combination lock in that it only goes to Abydos (they say they tried a bunch of permutations)yet they explain the coordinate system. And the chevrons were spaced in such a way to allow the 8th and 9th even though the ides of needing more than 7 symbols was never addressed

Glad it was turned into a series, the Stargate idea was wasted on a single movie

Also, strap in, fuckers, cause Roland Emmerich wants to revisit the franchise

Agreed, the series really did a lot better explaining the concept as a whole.

>revisit
oh God, here we go...if I say I wont go see it before its made, will the internet be mad at me?

Quads confirms this opinion correct

fuck i miss this show

Emmerich and Devlin have been claiming they're going to revisit the franchise for at least a decade. MGM never seems interested, so I'll believe it when I see it.