Why oh why did they make the third one, and why is it so SHITE...

Why oh why did they make the third one, and why is it so SHITE? After the first two 10/10 masterpieces where we got to see a picture-perfect arc of Michael, they present us this 1/10 piece of shit, like 20 years later, go fuck yourself Coppola, fuck yourself in the ear.

Not only this movie is terrible, but it also shits on the previous two's legacy and characters, the way they pussified Michales was vomit-inducing. Joe Mantegna was a terrible villain, there were like 13 different plots they had no fucking clue how to end them. Shit was bloated and overblown.

Literally the only remotely decent thing about this crap was the "they pull me back in" line, and keep in mind I didn't like that one either until Sil Dante made it cool in The Sopranos.

FUCK YOU, COPPOLA! Because Part III is so terrible, The Godfather trilogy is below LOTR on the totem pole.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QyaDlIirJnw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My biggest gripe with this flick is Al's fucking hairdo. Like, WHAT-THE-FUCK mate?

The helicopter attack was iconic. The plot was really great too.

>below LOTR
LotR is a children's film.

>LotR is a children's film.
Implying it's bad thing.

It's a more simple thing, not comparable to a serious dramatic piece.

I've seen the other two about 5 times a piece and still haven't watched Part III.

wtf are you on about, part 3 is the best one

And do yourself a favor - don't ever watch it, just pretend it doesn't exist and the story ended with Michael brooding at Lake Tahoe.

Part 3 was 10/10 you just don't have the insight to see it probably because you're twelve years old or something.

So much bait in this post.

it was a ridiculous sequel that nobody wanted to do, forced into being by the studio for money. just pretend it doesn't exist, everybody else does

You're not even a decent troll m8.

Ad hominem is ruining Sup Forums. Try addressing the criticism directly.

Your post was ad hominem, you called him 12 years old, that's not an argument nor an actual criticism.

I didn't make that post, I'm a third party.

Basically, this!

>tfw no one is saying "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!"

>It was supposed be civil war between Michael and Tom for control of the Corleone family.
>Paramount refused to pay Robert Duvall a salary closer to Al Pacino
>He dropped out
>Script was re-written

What could have been.

It's still a decent movie. The romance subplot is cringe inducing and unconvincing but it's okay otherwise. Just pales in comparison to the first two.

She ruined the movie for me. Never seen such terrible acting in my life.

>Let's see. Did I not wanna do it? Um. I was game. I was trying different things. It sounded better than college. I didn't really think about the public aspect of it. That took me by surprise. The whole reaction. People felt very attached to the Godfather films. I grew up with them being no big deal. I mean, I understand they're great films but... I dunno.

How can you be this dense

I still haven't seen it..............should I?

I love the first 2 but I'm in a similar situation with this as I am with The Matrix where I've seen the ones people consider the best of the franchise and don't want to watch sequel out of fear of it ruining the magic of the originial

FUCKING. THIS. The whole time I was watching all I could think about was this shits horrendous acting.

>It's still a decent movie
Nah, nah even close, bro. Such a DUD.

this is retarded. I get it, I'm the only person in the world that thinks III>II, but NOT WATCHING IT, just becuase some people say it's bad? Fuck you.

>>Let's see. Did I not wanna do it? Um. I was game. I was trying different things. It sounded better than college.

Nepotism is the most toxic thing in Hollywood.

Nah, he's right, no one should ever watch it.

Watch it again.

Daily reminder that Winona Ryder originally had Sofia Coppola's role but she didn't want to do it

She's not THAT bad, it's just that she's Coppola's daughter.

It's a beautiful movie and it works as a homage to the first one. And I find it better paced than the second.

>civil war between Michael and Tom
I don't find that good at all.

>She's not THAT bad

>youtube.com/watch?v=QyaDlIirJnw

She won two worst actress awards for the movie and ended her acting career (thank god).
Yeah, she was THAT bad

Julia Roberts had it at first but both parties mutually split when her schedule meant they would have to wait for weeks for her to be available and they were already behind schedule and somehow over budget (you'd think Francis would have learned from Apocalypse and never, ever wanted anything but a smooth shoot).

Pretty sure Winona had a panic attack on her first day in Rome and had to drop out on medical recommendation.

Differing viewpoints are fine and all, but there are roughly 2-5 opinions in life that are just objectively fucking wrong.

You could call 2001 a boring piece of shit and I'd be fine with it; you could say there's too much dialogue in Persona and I'd say okay, but don't ever try to present Godfather III as being better than Godfather II.

>noone is posting muh lucky coat

up your meme game

>And I find it better paced than the second.
That's because you're an idiot.

Why nor?

Fits the arc and the story trajectory perfectly.

Michael pushes away everyone at the end of Godfather 2 including Tom. I doubt the murder of Fredo would have gone over too well with Tom who was already lamenting that the family was not what it used to be, as we hear in his discussion with Frank Pantangale.

The Michael we see at the end of Godfather 2 is an evil man beyond redemption. It's not incomprehensible that a man like that could put too many people at fear or offside who would back an almost unwilling Tom to seize control for the good of everyone.

>worst actress
>relevant

What's wrong with that scene, for fuck's sake? It 's wonderful. That fucking Pacino...

She was just a girl with no special talent, any other random name would have do the same, but won't get all that hate becuase, after all, it was a clear case of nepotism. But it doesn't make the movie bad.

>You could call 2001 a boring piece of shit and I'd be fine with it
That's because you're an idiot.

Tom never show the slightest bit of animadversity against Michael. He colaborated in Fredo's and Frankie's death, sure, not happy, but he was loyal. A movie about they fighting each other seems unnecessary and too easy.

>The Michael we see at the end of Godfather 2 is an evil man beyond redemption
Hell no

How is wonning a worst actress award for a terrible acting performance NOT relevant?

>What's wrong with that scene, for fuck's sake?
The fact that she has about as much acting talent as a wooden board with a face on it?
She gets shot in the chest and her facial expression is completely still, no tears, the only thing she says is "Dad"? Seriously? How unimaginative can you be?

Moron.

I say and I mean it, that 3 is better paced and because of that, a more fun to watch movie.

2 is a marvellous film, but if you don't accept that you spend half of the movie waiting for more of de Niro's Vito at 1920 and less Michael's Cuban trip, you're just lying to yourself.

I meant I'd be fine with him saying it. Doesn't mean it's right.

>She gets shot in the chest and her facial expression is completely still, no tears, the only thing she says is "Dad"?
And you think that was her decission?

>you're just lying to yourself.

Yes, everybody is lying to themselves except for you. You've seen through The Godfather Part 2.

Of course it was her decision she's the actress you idiot

>Tom never show the slightest bit of animadversity against Michael.

I gave you an example of him longing for an earlier time.

>Frank: We was like the Roman Empire. The Corleone family was like the Roman Empire.
>Tom: Yeah, it was once.

He may have been loyal but you can push a man too far. As I said, I imagine him to have reluctant in going along with it but having to do it from Michael going too far or bringing everyone down with him, something of that ilk.

>He colaborated in Fredo's and Frankie's death, sure, not happy, but he was loyal.

Frankie's sure. What evidence do you have that he was involved in Fredo or that he supported the decision?

>A movie about they fighting each other seems unnecessary and too easy.

How?

>Hell no

How do you figure?

C'mon, buddy. Don't tell me you find yourself captivated by Lee Strasberg scenes as you do with Vito meeting Tessio and Clemenza, or Michael in Sicily, or the shootout at the restaurant, or any scene with Brando...

And I'm not saying it was bad, or even boring. Just not THAT good.

he didn't want it to be a trilogy, the studio forced him to call it godfather part 3. 3 was supposed to be 'the death of micheal corleone,' an epilogue.

You should learn how they make movies

>He may have been loyal but you can push a man too far.
But after all those years, the movie whould have started with them leading two rivals clan, and hating each other. And that's cheap.

> What evidence do you have that he was involved in Fredo or that he supported the decision?
He's the one that takes Michael's son off the boat, isn't he?

I don't agree with what you said about Michael, but unfortunately I have to leave, sorry.

in the D.C. coppola says he wanted to call it The Death of Michael Corleone and make it more an epilogue. It's supposed to shit on the legacy michael's created because he's a monster and deservs to die alone. Also the studio cut production short 6 months. Dont be such a pleb, i have never even seen a decent godfather thread here

>Tom: Yeah, it was once.

That was only to emphasise the suicide solution that Frank caught on.

Besides, didn't Tom admit he wasn't a good war-time consiglieri and thus unfit for harsh, stern leadership?

Hey, and her father was right behind the camera lol

>But after all those years, the movie whould have started with them leading two rivals clan, and hating each other. And that's cheap

Why does it HAVE to be like that? It can be done as Hagen still being the number 2 under Michael yet a number of the capos are put offside and come to him with their intentions. Things escalate and eventually we see a fracture in the family and Hagen reaches out to a rival to try and help them reach a peace by eliminating Michael for a mutual benefit, despite Tom struggling with the decision internally.

>He's the one that takes Michael's son off the boat, isn't he?
No.

I don't agree with what you said about Michael, but unfortunately I have to leave, sorry.

Of course you do.

>The Matrix
>seen the ones people consider the best
>the ones
>ones
>s
>s like in plural

you already fucked up m8

No. Even in the script the parenthetical indicates the line is to be said sadly.

And the next line about the families being taken care of is the what makes Frank gerry.

>Besides, didn't Tom admit he wasn't a good war-time consiglieri and thus unfit for harsh, stern leadership?

No, he never said that. His brother Sonny accused him of such. That was decades ago by 3 and people change. Having served under hsi father and Michael and additionally as acting boss for Michael I think he would have grown accustomed to the needs for harsh, stern leadership yet with the sense for business and pragmatism he had previously possessed.

>The helicopter attack
>muh lucky coat

>muh coat
thats based on real events,straight out a newspaper

Doesn't mean it needed to be in the film.

>You should learn how they make movies
Right, I forgot that they don't allow any freedom when it comes to emotional expression in movies, especially not since her father was right behind the camera.
I bet the script for coppola just said: Imitate a wooden board when you die in front of your father.

i disagree but u made me laugh god i hope youre all shitposters, as a matter of fact im probably not going to come to 4 chan anymore.
goodday mr or miss

>Actively defending worst actress of the decade
>Out of arguments
>"You're all shitposters, I'm leaving!"
Damn, being 15 must be hard.
Faggot

It's not as good as the other ones but there are some good things in it.

Michael's confession scene always gets me

you havent been arguing with a single person, ive only posted with images, but ok ill bite.
I think she's supposed to be an awkward, blossoming, coming of age character so it works in that way.
As to her death, i think her performance is appropriate because she didnt understand the inherent violence that her life was built on and, like every adolescent (i should know right?) she is taking life for granted, mad at her father and unaware of how trivial grudges are and that hes doing whats best for her with her cousin.. She dies confused and heartbroken, probably craving her daddy's D. fucking excellent

Also, do y'all think they knew about the brother from the get-go? Rome use to marry royalty as spies.

brother-in-law my bad.

>Michael's confession scene always gets me
Terrible scene in big trilogy picture.