Is there anyone on mu/ who deleted his last.fm and rym or never had one? I'm debating with myself whether do it or not...

Is there anyone on mu/ who deleted his last.fm and rym or never had one? I'm debating with myself whether do it or not, what's the point really

RYM is great for discovering and cataloguing music

Last.fm is total shit now

discogs master race reporting in

lots of pedantic folk at rym, i browse it without an account and try to avoid the reviews

discogs is all you need

I also have discogs but only to sell my mum's vinyls. I don't catalog my collection in any way there but I think it would be better than rym to do so, recently I've had problems with rating records on rym because they were not added on the site yet and I don't really have a time for doing it myself.

Never had either (then again I'm relatively new to Sup Forums depending on your definition of Sup Forums.)

A lot (not all) of RYM users can be pretentious as shit so I usually avoid that website.

*depending on your definition of 'new'
The words rhyme so I mixed them up. Not gonna bother deleting the comment.

Just get RYM for cataloging but don't take your ratings/the RYM community too seriously or you will start losing your enjoyment for music

i've never used rym, because i was under the impression that it's just everyone doing the ratings and acting as if they were experts

what is good about rym? why not just come to Sup Forums if you want unqualified strangers' opinions of an album?

If you're cataloguing a physical collection there's absolutely no reason to use RYM over Discogs.

delete em both man, it feels good

but what about thousands upon thousands of scrobbles, how am I going to impress alt grills ;_; I know they are quite useless but it's hard to wave them goodbye

it feels better to just listen to music for what it is and not care about data

yeah bruh i like looking at my scrobbles but honestly... i think it affects my listening habits negatively

I have never seriously given a numerical rating to any media in my life. I'm to intelligent for that. If you don't put it into words then your gut instinct scores are worthless. Better to not be tempted to do it.

I know, I remember when I was listening just for pleasure, now I'm driven by statmania ;_; I don't know what am I afraid of, I think I fear that I will lose a proof of something important to me. Eh, mu/nons ;_; I think I need to sleep on it.
So I'm not the only one who constantly checks his last looking at his scrobbles. It's getting out of hand in my case

dude just delete it, last.fm gives you autism

jesus it fells like cutting off own limb

I've never had one. I don't talk about music much, I only come here to meme really.

I've always lurked RYM and like to occasionally read old reviews on good shit I stumble upon and listen to

some really autistic and self-indulgent reviews on the site, but some are hilarious and unintentionally insightful. but I've always thought it's too much effort to sign up and participate. I think I'll always regret it within some time and find it a futile jerk off

This. I deleted my last.fm a few days ago and it's liberating.

i wish more people would write reviews on rym

the bulk of the reviews seem to be written 10 years ago

Ok, I think I know what I'm going to do. I will export my scrobbles to a file to have something like a souvenir for myself and then delete last.fm, it's a good idea

Why did you even have one?

I use RYM because I want to have a collection list when my hard drive dies.

Also, I have my last.fm mostly because of the imminent 2020 RYM scrobble function.

>imminent 2020 RYM scrobble function.
what???

I was memeing.
One of the crowdfunding goals was that they would add a scrobble-like function to Sonemic but they didn't reached the goal.

that's when people were more literature and more articulate.

some of the best reviews on the site are from the time when the community itself was at its infancy

Last.fm is total shite now, lol
Listen to this man and take it easy.

I don't know.
Reviews are cool but it seems that half of them are purple prose shit not related to the album.