So what do you guys think of Tim Buckley and Jeff Buckley?

So what do you guys think of Tim Buckley and Jeff Buckley?

Any favorite songs? How do you think an album like Lorca or Starsailor compares to Grace?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KLfho6ecv_M
youtube.com/watch?v=0ft7RRhxbwc
youtube.com/watch?v=0L8PrFBFxRE
youtube.com/watch?v=hXe1jpHPnUs
youtube.com/watch?v=loOzxap0YAc
youtube.com/watch?v=QZ0f5_rz4u4
youtube.com/watch?v=2QV7Rus7j60
youtu.be/y8AWFf7EAc4
youtube.com/watch?v=vMTEtDBHGY4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They both shit on grace.

i love jeff
but tim was way superior not even a contest m8

this
it's nice to think of them as equals but really deadbeat daddy was on a different planet from the alt rock of his son

Jeff was better. Sad he's gone.

Childhood is when you idolize Grace
Adulthood is when you realize Lorca/Starsailor makes more sense

I like jeff but I don't think grace is better than any of tims albums besides obviously his last two.
I mean, I like hallelujah like everybody else but the rest of the album is just too alt rock for me to enjoy.
youtube.com/watch?v=KLfho6ecv_M
youtube.com/watch?v=0ft7RRhxbwc
youtube.com/watch?v=0L8PrFBFxRE

I never really got into Jeff, that 90's alternative sound hasn't aged well. Though he does have a good voice and I do like his version of Hallelujah. Tim has half a dozen albums that are practically perfect though so it's hard to match that.

Both Tim and Jeff were great in their own ways. Their voices are comparable, but Jeff would stretch his much more in live performances compared to what tim would. Also Jeff was an amazing guitarist. But Tim has written a lot of better songs, but Jeff also really hasn't wrote any bad ones. They go hand in hand really, I'd say at least.

Jeff is the better singer
Tim is the better writer

>Jeff is the better singer
not true btw

It is

Tim was more creative with his music but Jeff had the voice of a God. Then again, Jeff only made one studio album and left behind some scraps that he was unhappy with. We'll never know if he was as creative.

Best Jeff
youtube.com/watch?v=hXe1jpHPnUs

Best Tim
youtube.com/watch?v=loOzxap0YAc

I've not listened to much Tim so share your favs

Happy/Sad is also fantastic.

Once I Was is a fantastic Tim song. Jeff sang it at a tribute show.

Tim:
youtube.com/watch?v=QZ0f5_rz4u4

Jeff:
youtube.com/watch?v=2QV7Rus7j60

Except is totally is

jeff started that annoying hipster vocal inflection

how so?

youtu.be/y8AWFf7EAc4

Jeff has a prettier voice and is more cute so he wins.

It's hard living knowing you will likely never create anything 1/10th as beautiful as his Hallelujah version

Nothing Tim Buckley ever made had as powerful of a vocal delivery as "Lover, You Should Have Come Over" or "Morning Theft". The only song I can think of that comes somewhat close is "Once I Was".

yes it is!

Beautiful! Which album?

Jeff might be able to belt it out stronger but Tim is better in songwriting and his voice is way more pleasant and unique imo. Once I Was and Pleasant Street are his vocal highlights.

Grace wouldn't even be in Tim's Top 5 albums

maybe not even in the top 5 versions
still good tho

It's off Goodbye and Hello

Secretly Tim's best album

thank you

>powerful of a vocal delivery
this means literaly nothing tho, buzzwords are just that kid, buzzwords

It's frustrating that This Mortal Coil's mediocre cover is more popular than the original (in either its studio or acoustic form)

youtube.com/watch?v=vMTEtDBHGY4

That said, I do think that Amen Dunes cover is a pretty great perfection of what This Mortal Coil was trying to go for

That's what got me into Tim. Found Goodbye and Hello vinyl at a thrift store for $1 and never heard of him. Then fucking loved it.

If Tim had lived, how do you think he would have affected Jeff's career? Would Jeff have totally blown him off since he wasn't there as a father, or would he have embraced it? As it is, Jeff was able to get his start through some of Tim's old contacts.

Jeff stretched his vocal talents more and professionally had a better voice. Both voices are great though.