Warcraft

ITT: What you liked and disliked about Warcraft. I personally would rate it as an 8 for what it is.
also did anyone else think durduram got cucked by one of those blue creatures when his wife gives birth?
should have decided a different color for a still birth.

Other urls found in this thread:

mmo-champion.com/content/
flickfilosopher.com/2016/06/warcraft-the-beginning-aka-warcraft-movie-review-guest-review-by-a-white-male-teenage-nerd-from-1987.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Also I thought the magic in this film was done great

I didn't like the way Garona was supposed to be Medivh's daughter, I don't like how they made her half-human instead of half-Draenai.

my friend who is "really" big on warcraft (he wrote a 10k+ word script for a warcraft film) told me it was something to do with the books or a decision they made that they had to "fix" i couldn't tell you the actual reason

I'll go see it on 9th or 10th. Will write thoughts later.

Garona was originally half human.
Being half draenai makes no sense, as she is supposed to look more human and draenai look less human than orcs.

>I personally would rate it as an 8 for what it is.
Confirmed for pleb. Numerical ratings are for idiots that can't articulate what they like or dislike about a film.

so was it a stylistic change to make the character relatable to the viewer and also to include a shabbily put together love story

I thoroughly enjoyed the film I felt my money was not wasted. I am starting this thread to critique the film

>so was it a stylistic change

It was just going with the original version. Garona was changed from half human to half draenai in a shitty comic no one likes, so this was ignored because her being half draenai makes no sense in the context of warcraft 1 where no draenai are heavily involved.

I liked the little details (lions pride, murloc, sheep,...) and the magic.

disliked that they made the queen a nigger. not even racist, but it makes no sense when lothar, her brother, is completely white. could have made anyone else black if sjw need this shit, but siblings with different skin colors?

she was more of a half caste. what stuck out to me was the Chinese Elves it just looked odd.
I also liked the nods towards the games

>17%

Fucking kek

Blizzdrones getting BTFO

>warcraft movie comes out
>critics hate it
>v hates it
>tv hates it
>makes a ton of money anyway

BLIZZARD CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

;_;

That means she can't have a proper child we were introduced to then, who's a mix of orc/draenei/human and extremely powerful. His story even deals with his draenei uncle.

>tv hates it
Sup Forums loves it. KYS

Sup Forums contains like 75% WoW players.

T. user statistical database

loved this motherfucker. what did she say? she says to let her son go in exchange for her life. but i need him. I found that line humorous

I chuckled at how similar Gul'dan sounded to 'potion seller' in the beginning when he stood infront of the gate and spoke about the fel leech of off life energy.

These are the so called "critics" that are shitting on the movie.

from light comes darkness and from darkness comes light

in my cinema a group of chads came in and my friend told me he heard them say "the only reason everyone is here is cause they like the game". now we are nerds but there are more reasons to go see it other than its based off a game

She's correct though.
Kill yourself, nerd.

>this still hasn't been released in the US
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

also check em

>using nerds as an insult
>current year
wew

You forgot white male.

>>tv hates it

YOURE A FUCKING WHITE MALE

check your privilege

This movie would have been GOAT if it was about Arthas. Nobody have a shit about Warcraft until WC3

>Kill yourself
How about I kill you instead?

that has to be fake they show us what turns the orcs green in the first 5 minutes of film to show us which ones are bad and good

Jesus Fucking Christ.

This is where these shills come from.

mmo-champion.com/content/

>The ones who have lines are white

I know liberals like to pretend to be color blind but this is ridiculous.

>Its OK, because morality is colour coded.
Yeah. Much better.

This is the guy that wrote the review

Do you mean that this guy is incorrect?
He also gave Warcraft 0/10 which it of course deserves

Do you think people think or concentrate when they go to see movie called "Warcraft".

no that's considered normal unlike nerd that is consider hate speech now

I thought the Orcs were well realized and that's probably where all the budget went. Gul'dan and Blackhand look badass. the magic effects were cool.

didn't like that it was rushed. it felt like we were already in a sequel rather than the first movie of the series. characters were rather bland. didn't really care for them except for Durotan.

>Asia
>white

talk about being completely out of touch.

>WoW-playing manchildren discussing social iissues
Holy fuck I've never laughed so hard.
Do you do this in-game too? I can't imagine seeing some greasy fat neckbeard spouting his hate for SJWs across the server while looking at his female elf character with a slutty costume.

You lads are the epitome of pathetic, for real.

could be because I'm autistic and analyze everything I perceive to a molecular level, but i feel a fantasy movie has to be focused on.

>He also gave Warcraft 0/10 which it of course deserves
It's not a good flick.
Deal with it already.

>Being this desperate for (You)'s

It objectively is and you haven't even seen the movie

there is a significant gap between just "not good" and 0 out of 10

SHOO SHOO (YOU) (YOU) JEW

I have seen it and it was a terrible film.
I used to play as well, so I got the shitty fanservice which seems to be the only positive that you drones repeatedly spout (I RECOGNIZE THAT PLACE/PERSON XDXDXDXD, :OOOO MURLOC!!!).

It's a movie based on your hobby, and you like it because of that. I get that, and there's nothing wrong with liking it for that reason. However, you look like a completely delusional fucking moron when you then try to argue that it's an objectively good film.

That's what gets me. There are shitloads of games with stories that could easily be adapted to film, especially adventure games.
Hell, The Dig would've fit right in with movies like Cocoon and The Abyss.

Producers instead go for shit that has no legitimate story whatsoever, or completely rewrite any that do to suit their own... I dunno, pride I guess.

>you look like a completely delusional fucking moron
No one cares how you look, user. You're safe here.

Its the biggest franchise of games and they spent like 12 years trying to get warcraft made into a film. if it makes a good profit it may open the doors for more high budget game films.

>implying I would watch such garbage

>Producers instead go for shit that has no legitimate story whatsoever

Name one game franchise that has a bigger story than the Warcraft universe
ES and Warhammer are the only ones that come even close

This

And they adapted the story that was literally "Orcs vs. Humans who will win?" Of course it was gonna be shit.

Bigger doesn't mean better
Warcraft lore is uninspired and childish, especially by high fantasy standards.

I'm hoping it'll at least open some doors. Uncharted could potentially bring back the Indiana Jones style adventure movie.

>bigger=legitimate

It's a big pile of shit, user.

Is 8 out of 10 your average? Why?

It'll make plenty of money, it's doing well in every market that isn't US, they're planning on making sequels based on Chinese preorders alone

The movie is pure kino, it's not average by any means

it made me want a starcraft film. aslong as its like the campaigns

Every single franchise you mention have too much lore that's turned to a bloated mess.

Nice FX, Medivh and based Gul'dan are the best thing of the movie. Everything else is succesion of cliche situations that you may enjoy or hate depending on your hype level. Also asian and white high elves.

If you're a fan you're gonna love the details and the recreation of the world for the first 30 mins, then you're going to wonder why they cut 40 minutes and feel like they ended the movie too fast because they ran out of budget.

I would like this film to succeed just so they can make a War Of The Ancients trilogy.

Avatar fagging is a bannable offence, just so you know.

I am really fucking bored and can't sleep so I ended up somehow coming across a 'review' for the movie by some tumblr-tier bitch who thinks it has racist undertones or some shit because the 'leaders are all white' and some other nonsense.

I haven't seen the movie and I don't really know all that much about the lore, but... I assume that is because... Oh I don't know... the characters they are based off of are ya know... white?

It really is a pretty laughably terrible review if anyone is as bored as me and wants to read it:

flickfilosopher.com/2016/06/warcraft-the-beginning-aka-warcraft-movie-review-guest-review-by-a-white-male-teenage-nerd-from-1987.html

i was trying to make a meme

see Literally THE most amusing thing.

John Barrowman is beyond meme already.

>flickfilosopher

That whore is completely insane. Never read what she says and for Chrissakes don't go to her shitty clickbait site.

>Its OK that its racist because its based on white people
Your logic is circular, Satan.

Tip: a flick doesn't become kino just because you can recognize the characters, locations and creatures from your childish hobby.

No it becomes kino because of the amazing visuals, amazing characters and amazing plot

I liked how Blackhand shown to be actually honourable and simply not a bruttish puppet of gul'dan, I liked how gul'dan saved baby Thralls life giving more dimensions to a previosly one note villian, i liked how Medivh was potrayed as well as his death. And i really liked the Durotan vs Gul'dan fist fight

I loved it and was smiling throughout

There's only a few things I didn't like
The lightning cgi felt a bit off, the king's helmet and the rather generic golem (though the scene with it was pretty good).

Everything else was great, I even enjoyed the acting of the humans against my expectations as I'm not a great fan of Ragnar and felt that Khadgar casting wasn't the best.

It's a 3/10 for me. Haven't played a Warcraft game since WC3, never got into WoW.

The first 10 minutes are decent, setting up Durotan and his story and the Orcs invading Azeroth, but then it's like the film's editor loses his mind. Characters just start flying around to different cities on griffins and finding kings in pubs and wizards in morgues at a breakneck pace with nothing established or explained. It slows a little by the second act, but by that point if you're not on board with the lore you'll be lost.

Also, a lot of the acting outside Durotan and based Guldan is pretty terrible, especially in the Alliance. Lots of Final Fantasy Spirits Within style cliche lines. On that note, lots of bad CGI. Lots of odd moments - that orc chick crowdsurfing at the end while sobbing was hilarious. The romance was disastrous.

I feel if they'd taken a cue from Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and narrowed the focus to just one respective sympathetic member on each side, it might have helped ease us into this fucking weird world and story. Instead, we're spread too thin over a bunch of shit Alliance characters, too little time with Durotan (who does basically nothing despite being likeable), and the movie just kind of collapses.

>daily reminder 40 minutes of dialogue and worldbuilding was cut so Legendary and Univershill could make more shekels

pray for extended edition

Here we go. If this abortion of a movie pic related can get a 90% despite being an absolute rape of one of the best movies of all time not to mention basically plagiarized....RT hasn't been a decent metric for movies for a long time bruv. Keep spouting your memes.

>trusting a bunch of low quality reviews written by libtard cucks, literal bloggers and film school failures
kek yourself faggot

anyone who actually reads shit like the guardian or variety is excrement and should be gassed

>I am a bitter unfuckable old woman see how clever I am

k

>>trusting a bunch of low quality reviews
Yeah, pre-release 10/10 from WoW players much better.
>written by libtard cucks
>Blizzard's fanboy
>Calling someone libtard

After years of being a wow fan the movie made me realize the thorns on guldan aren't part of his robe, they're part of him. My mind was blown the fuck out. Also the movie was too rushed. In hoping for a director's cut

>I'm not saying it's Orcs from another planet, but it's Orcs from another planet.

Can anybody tell me if Reddit likes Warcraft or not, I want to decide how I feel about it

SHOO SHOO REDDIT JEW

I think that, overall, they did a pretty good adaptation, changing things to make it more palatable for the traditional movie market, but not fucking it beyond recognition.
The orcs were the best part of the movie. I'll never get over that actor with the odd eyes being the king, he doesn't look like one for me. Khadgar's actor should shave that shit on his face. He would actually look like what I imagine Khadgar should look like if not for that shit.
I kinda feel like pacing got fucked a lot too. After the introduction we get thrown around too much, and pretty much all of the parts humans played before both sides got to know each other were too fast.
7/10 for me, not the greatest movie ever but not bad, but I kinda wish they could do Book 2 (The Last Guardian) and then Book 3 (Tides of Darkness) instead of making this kinda enclosed history that makes a sequel a bit impossible (3 squads of humans managed to kill lots of orcs, if they just rushed that with all the squads they could have wiped the orcs. The orcs also have no real way of replacing their numbers, and they're just fighting against stormwind, Alliance would have never happened if the orcs were this weak in WoW universe)

? what
I don't remember seeing this on movie, I'm assuming that it's still half orc, half draenei, but assumed to be half human since humans don't know shit about draenei

how does Garona being half human make any sense, there are no humans in draenor

I liked Khadgar

>how does Garona being half human make any sense

Orc scouting parties had been coming through the Dark Portal for some time.

people like it, people pay for it, that's what matters, not opinion of 4chin degenerates

unless we assume she was artificially grown like some orcs were on draenor, she couldn't be this old, I don't think there is more than a year or two between Dark Portal opening and The Last Guardian finish

>"critics" complain about WC not being as edgy and "mature" as GoT
how is it not GOAT again?

>unless we assume she was artificially grown like some orcs were on draenor

Really not a bad assumption to make, she was after all a specially crafted tool of the Shadow Council.

Duncan Jones is finished

>rotten tomatoes
kek

irrelevant website by dumb libtard fat yanks

she's right..is that why it triggered you?