twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Twin Peaks had a patrician soundtrack
I'm happy to hear about this anyway though

>p4k
>music

DUN DUN *CLING*

OH ANGELO! YOU'RE TEARING MY HEART OUT!

youtube.com/watch?v=Wz-ueGN0a5M

It's Twin Peaks. The whole show and David Lynch have a very unique place in the indie scene overall. Also, let's not forget Lynch himself is a musician. Also, as pointed out Angelo Badalamenti has famously made the music for all Twin Peaks. They also just reviewed the Fire Walk with Me soundtrack by Angelo.

what the fuck does this have to do with music
pitchfork.com/thepitch/1420-op-ed-every-single-day-is-a-womens-march/

Bitches please

Make any bullshit excuse you want, the fact is they're just pandering to the kiddies and raking in those clicks and ad dollaz

I just finished S2E9 where the killer is apprehended and then dies. I've read that he, as well as two other deceased central figures, return in the finale. With the lightest spoilers possible, can someone inform me how this happens?

Ive boycotted p4k since january 1

never been happier

the real killer is the immortal spirit of BOB, Leland Palmer was olny a host, of course he cant die

Just watch it

I'm talking about Leland

I'm only asking because Sheryl Lee and Ray Wise are confirmed to return for Season 3 and I'm very curious as to how that can happen current circumstances pending where I'm at

you say this like it's some new revelation

probably confined within the lodge

Pitchfork has never had anything to do with music.

Trent Reznor

1. The Twin Peaks OST is great
2. David Lynch makes music
3. Musicians are starring in Season 3

To those posters, i'm sure it is

>Musicians are starring in Season 3
Wasn't David Bowie in FWWM?

you've got some absolutely fantastic romance subplots to look forward to for the rest of the series, have fun!

Oh yeah, and Chris Isaac.

>tfw Bowie won't be on the new season even though he was planned to before he died

Trent Reznor, Eddie Vedder, and Sky Ferreira all star in S3.

As do Michael Cera, Dr. Pavel, Ernie Hudson, Tim Roth, Monica Bellucci, Francesca Eastwood, and a whole lot of other big names.

patrician
youtube.com/watch?v=GcZzcIuDoYU

>Dr. Pavel, I'm FBI

How about actually composing a response to me?

well Agent Cooper single-handedly carries this show so as long as he's still around, I don't care

oh, and Ben Horne too

Oh, uh, about Ben Horne...

they are a political site now

Pitchfork is not and never has been a music website. They are a lifestyle website in the manner of Glamour or Esquire and their purpose is to provide its readers with fashionable opinions about clothes, politics, celebrities, products, and media which can be used to accessorize your personality. They do not review records, they review celebrities and subcultures through the critic's emotional reaction to style and image. Music only has value to the Pitchfork critic and reader if it can serve as an extension of self-presentation. As such, all Pitchfork discussion belongs on /fa/, not Sup Forums, which is a board for music discussion.

This is now a Twin Peaks thread

As a straight male, Kyle MacLachlan is one of the few guys I want to have passionate gay sex with. Even now.

Oh, how I wish I was born with only hairline that good.

S2 Part 2 is when the show goes into full wtf mode

What did Lynch mean by this?

I already did faggot. You're just making bullshit excuses. By your logic, if it's got good music, it should be covered. EVEN IF the article has nothing to do with the music and has to do with things like action figures. So that means that according to your teenage logic, it's fine for your favorite site Pitchfork (which makes you feel very hip and "not like the other guys who dont know music as good as I do") to make an article about how WWE just came out with some cool new John Cens sweatbands, just because Jim Johnston is a brilliant composer who makes lots of great music (single handedly) for the WWE.

Please kindly fuck the heck off

Stop destroying /fa/ asshole.

who gives a fuck? p4k has been the first place i've seen a lot of the news about the new Twin Peaks season so they're doing their job.

How much do you think Showtime pays them, for a job like that? :^)

i think that by this point he was taking the piss

i liked josie. why did everyone hate her? :'(

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

That video is great

>twin peaks soundtrack on vinyl
thats extremely unauthentic, it needs to be on cassette

I didn't hate her, I just thought it was weird that everybody in town was jerking off over her when there are multiple literal 10/10s walking around

Sharon van etten is in the new series

i don't know if this is a Sup Forums meme, but yeah that whole plotline threw me through a loop

she tried to kill agent cooper

twin peaks is the ultimate "art kid" show

liberal arts majors are suicidals and the first episode involves the main character dying

everyone is hokey and campy, and almost all the most developed main characters are girls

p4k's audience are the same glasses wearing bearded alt-bros obsessed with Twin Peaks and collecting vinyl figures

pitchfork has been reporting on a ton of non music shit lately and it's getting annoying

>coop didn't slide audrey the dick because lara flynn boyle was being a cunt so lynch and frost had to add in annie and BILLY ZANE ON A PLANE at the last minute
what a shame

ben's civil war was one of the best parts of season 2

Twin Peaks (and David Lynch's work as a whole, really) are the embodiment of the pretentious alt-chic that is all the rage nowadays. The show is the very definition of style over substance, with the writing being objective trash that most serious scriptwriters would be embarrassed just to look at - there are meandering nonsense soap opera plotlines meant to hook teenage girls and to ensure that soccer Moms don't get bored. The characters are by far and large completely unlikable - the only way Lynch and crew manage to make them memorable is by having them bluther out cheesy non sequiturs and other ridiculous tone ruining nonsense that only exist to give fans in-jokes to use when discussing the show in their circlejerks and to ward off any attempts at criticism if anyone has the nerve to puncture their echo chamber ("Wow user, that's a DAMN good shitpost!" they might say in response to this). Another issue with Twin Peaks' writing is that it has no reason to continue after the central mystery is solved, and is forced to pull another one out of its ass to try and draw more viewers - and this will almost certainly be what happens in the third season. Many fans defend these faults, however, by clinging to its shallow aesthetic values, like using celluloid film and cheesy muzak to make it "surreal." And on the topic of Lynch's "surrealism", his work prefers to mix sheer nonsense into otherwise forgettable plots to make them somewhat memorable because he has no real eye for subtlety.

So yes, Pitchfork's reporting on Twin Peaks is very much in line with their philosophy. The show is shallow drivel for those obsessed with aesthetics and using art as fashion accessories more than anything, just as they listen to PC Music and read John Green because it fits in nicely with their "alt artsy" persona that has plagued college campuses for all of the Millennial generation.

But she's Asian.

tl;dr

>Can't read two short paragraphs

You love TV, movies and music mostly because you can just sit there and consume it instead of putting effort into appreciating it, don't you?

Twin Peaks, PC Music and John Green are not related in any way

I agree - he should strive to put in the effort to appreciate true art, like your inane rants

Twin Peaks and PC Music have the same appeal; they are generic uninspired consumerist bullshit, but the creators intentionally fuck it up a bit so that so that it has a "conscious yet surreal" edge that makes it seem more intellectual and self-aware than it really is despite it having no real difference with your average drone entertainment beyond vain aesthetic choices.

John Green is not related, yes, but his fans are almost certainly huge into Twin Peaks as well. I think the literary equivalent of Twin Peaks would be the pretentious alt.lit like Tao Lin.

Wow, you are supreme autist. I'm not even going to finish reading your autistic ramblings. They can report on anything even slightly related to music. Keep being triggered, you onanist.

>instead of putting effort into appreciating it
lol, who would put effort into reading your autistic rant. don't flatter yourself.

Haven't seen Twin Peaks in a few years but that's a very uncharitable view of it. What do you think of Lynch's films?

PC Music is hit or miss but when it hits it's very good. Def not some emperor's new clothes shit like Death Grips or whatever
youtube.com/watch?v=6Z3N79ktprw

Reading things shouldn't take effort if you have a brain.

Eraserhead was somewhat interesting, but it relied too much on sound design to make its atmosphere. If you remove the dissonant industrial sounds it would be a somewhat unremarkable piece of extended dada worship.

Elephant Man was mostly fine, but the scenes where Lynch tries to show off that he's behind the camera are terrible and out of place. And a bunch of the sad bits were clearly made up things with no place in history in order to make you feel bad and contribute nothing more.

Blue Velvet was mostly forgettable; it's cult reputation relies entirely on the parts that suffer from especially poor writing.

The less said about Wild at Heart, the better.

Lost Highway was way too long for what it was.

Mulholland Dr. is no masterpiece, but it wasn't terrible.

Inland Empire is pure trash, clearly the work of an aging man trying to get relevancy by releasing something intentionally unwatchable so that he could have some controversy. The Bisch Bosch of movies.

>Reading things shouldn't take effort if you have a brain.
nope, it' just a waste of time. not everyone is an autist.

native advertising

they were paid to post that

you're being advertised to

stop going there