And then I woke up

And then I woke up.

What was the point of Bardem getting hit by a car, again?

To show that after all, he was a fragile human like all of us.

Like everything else in the movie, there was no point. It is just an event that occurred.

I hate when No Country's themes get reduced to Sup Forums comments

I hated this movie.

Why was the building missing an entire floor?

>"I'm so tired of it all. As I've watched my country descent into mindless bloodshed and decadence, I've realized that this ain't no country for old men anymore."

I walked out of the theater as soon as this happened.

I loved this movie

>mfw people still butthurt over the ending

I hate this board. Why the fuck do i still come here

>People zone out during his last speech because they're expecting it to go back to Chigurh doing something
>Then suddenly cut to black/credits
>What that ending sucked!
>Kelly Macdonald didn't do anything wrong ;_;

So why the fuck did Moss go back to the cartel massacre scene again? Why didn't he just fuck out of the country with 2 million dollars the moment he got them?

Overrated snoozefest.

Those people are plebs

This pretty much happens with Barry Corbin though.

To give the mexican guy some water. Evidently that was a mistake

His conscience.

>hey dont worry senpai, I'll prolong your suffering by keeping you alive so you can bleed out in agony in the scorching desert for a little longer before dying anyway

thanks gringo

But he basically told him to fuck off the first time he was there. Plus that guy was clearly a criminal, and could've taken advantage of him at any opportunity he would've got. The mexican saw him rummaging through the corpses after all.

Obviously he changed his mind

Pretty obvious that he felt bad for being a blatant asshole to a man who was dead already. And yeah, the water wouldn't have helped at all, but it's the thought that counts.

If he was in danger of bleeding out it would've already happened by the time Llewelyn got back

DUDE RANDOM VIOLENCE, (or is it truly random????????? x-files theme.mp3) LMAO

He's living in a 20th century wild west and can't even make a decision and stand by it, one involving a man that was clearly dead an hour after he saw him? How did the guy survive up til midlife?

It would've made some sense if he actually had some kind of proper conversation with the hombre, or at least he patched his wounds or some shit.
>find a dying gangster
>"hey here's a blanket, food, water and a bunch of guns around here! Suit yourself!"

Didn't realize this was the "moments in film that women will never understand" thread

>I'm such a REAL man, I help spic drug smugglers do their job

>all those people butthurt over Llewellyn dying off screen

The Mexican guy asked for water

>thinly veiled films women will never understand thread

It was pretty stupid desu

If Anton was shot and asked for water, would you give him?

Is this worth watching just for Joanna "LITERALLY PERFECT" Newsom?

I can just imagine watching that with a woman
>who is that
>what's going on
>user this film is booooring *tweets on phone*

>top center
Woah that's subtle PTA, so deep. Snyder-tier symbolism

Except the dead mexican wasn't trying to stalk him throughout the movie and kill him

vague reference to it being the den of a criminal.
theres some non plot notable shady shit on that floor presumably

>If Anton was shot and asked for water, would you give him?
Yea. I'd sit about 50 feet away with a loaded gun and toss him a jug of water.

If he sees you watching him, you're dead.

really makes you think

>It was pretty stupid desu
Nah. It was purposefully anticlimactic.

Ending was patrician

I have a loaded gun and 50 feet of distance between us. What's he gonna do, throw the wate

It's supposed to be funny.

Both are criminals. Can you trust a guy with an assault rifle smuggling heroin in the middle of the desert?

So why did Moss go back to that place without a gun?

Probably blow compressed air on your forehead from his mouth

The guy was dying. Why would he pose any threat to Moss, and why would he even want to?

>why doesn't every movie character operate entirely on cold logic, like I definitely do?
>man, watching films as a robot übermensh is hard

If the guy was dying, how would've water helped him?
>and why would he even want to?
Maybe because he found him amongst a bunch of corpses in the middle of a desert in a pickup stocked up on heroin, looked like a cop, told him to fuck off the day before, and took their two million dollars?

why not? later in your life you'll be shooting up the h just to deal with your bitter loneliness. don't bite the feeding hand ;)

it's "Übermensch", you fucking subhuman.

>how would've water helped him?
Could save his life
>told him to fuck off the day before, and took their two million dollars?
You wouldn't give a fuck about any of that when you're on the brink of death. Anyway, this argument is dumb. Moss's reasons for going back aren't hugely important.

I guess this is the moral of the story: If you're not going to find two million dollars in the middle of the desert, you better operate on cold logic else you find yourself shot dead in a motel by a bunch of mexicans after being chased around by a psycho with a silenced shotgun

fucking hell this guy
is just basic mercy between humans, are you so jaded that you are unable even to comprehend it?
>he told him to fuck off
he asked for water

the scene is described as similar to The Last Supper in the novel numbnuts

What a substantive post. Congratulations.

DUDE I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO END THIS MOVIE LMAO

Well yeah, dumb. A film for plebs by plebs.

*if you're going

>Could save his life
And give him opportunity for payback.
Either die in the desert or be executed on an electric chair. Man, what a choice.
>is just basic mercy between humans
Mercy for a human who's unmerciful to others.

he was fucked regardless the second he took the money. he had a tracking device in it the whole time. if anything it kinda helped him live longer because thats where the chase for him began. if he didnt go back and just enjoyed his money he wouldve had anton blast through his front door with him caught with his dick in his hand.

>Mercy for a human who's unmerciful to others.
That's pretty much the essence of mercy, right there.

That's a virtuous trait

The guy was bleeding to death, some water was not going to save his life anyway. Is it about mercy and having some respect for a dying man, independently of what he did. Same way that you let a man sentenced to death to choose his last supper.

>Why doesn't Moss operate according to my very specific moral logic

Who knew what the guy had done. Maybe it was his first day out there. Maybe he got roped in by debts.

Maybe he was the hardest gunman in Mexico. We don't know. All we know is that he was a dying man asking for water, even a sociopath would be able to understand that.

He wouldn't be fucked if he just flew off with them to France or Bahamas or some shit within 24 hours

You wouldn't feed the guy who shot up your kid the day before.
It's the fucking desert, no place to screw around and treat each other like made of cotton.

There's no "logic" in what he did.

He was a gangster. He was asking for it the second he signed up for the job.
>become a soldier
>get shot in war
>"oh shit it's not fair!"

Wait, having a debt means you shouldn't be shown mercy?

I'm not sure what your complaining about here. Someone didn't do what you say you would've in a specific situation. Big deal. What's your point?

Nevermind I misread the whole thing

I'm puzzled by the important plot point that kicked off the rest of the story, it that hard to understand? He willingly exposed himself to danger for some guy that was probably dead, and this gets called "manly", when instead he could've stayed home and protected his wife and himself for her sake.

He made a mistake by showing mercy to the mexican. That pretty much explains it. How is this confusing for you? Are you legitimately autistic? I don't recall anyone calling it "manly", but what he did was certainly admirable, despite how wrong it went.

>He made a mistake by showing mercy to the mexican. That pretty much explains it.
That's the only obvious explanation I can see. I was wondering whether I was missing more important.
>I don't recall anyone calling it "manly"
Posts and

>Probably blow compressed air on your forehead from his mouth

Why is this so fucking funny

Found the redditor

Yep. He even responds to his girl's "where you going" with something along the lines of "being a fucking idiot"

Was he dumb to go back? Yeah. But a lot of people would. It literally kept him up all night that the dude was dying a slow death and just wanted water.

>Once i thought the coens could direct movies
>Then i woke up

There's literally nothing wrong with Reddit

They obviously can, though
The voting system is cancer

>Not seeing the necessity for a voting system

How do you sort out what are the important posts and posters? With your mind?

>How do you sort out what are the important posts and posters? With your mind?
That's how it works, although I can see the merit for people without one.

You're an idiot

Not as cancerous as daily memes that get posted here.

>And then I woke up.
I couldn't believe the whole movie was a dream. I walked out of the theater immediately. The Coens are hacks.