Episode 1 peaks at 6.4m viewers

>Episode 1 peaks at 6.4m viewers
>Epiosde 2 peaks at 3.2m with an average of 2.8m viewers

No episode hosted by Clarkson/Hammond/May ever went as low as 2.8m

BBC are blaming viewing figures being diverted because of;
- Antiques Roadshow
- Soccer Live Aid

How fucked is new Top Gear.
The Euros are starting this weekend, and there will be prime football matches on either BBC1 or ITV at 8pm on Sundays.

BBC are too proud to axe Top Gear after 1 season, but it will pull funding.

>Diverted by Antiques Roadshow
Beautiful

Taxpayers will pay regardless.

Wonder will Evans have a Twitter melt-down this week too

its alright, but the pacing is fucked
could be fixed if they get to settle in
but why the fuck did they go with two presenters instead of 3?
also, Chris needs to chill the fuck down
he's at 12 all the fuckin time

Personally I want them to improve over being cancelled.

A big part of that is cutting Evans and the god awful star in the car segment, which is exponentially gaining stars and last week it took up an entire third of the episode.

the guest section was always a big part of the show

not when theres a whole bloody group of them

PAID
FOR
BY
TAXES

HAHAHA FUCKING KEKED

next episode will be shit. FACT.

test

wait the UK has the roadshow on at prime time? man thats really odd to me, we have it here at like 5:30, that part of TV no one gives a shit about

>No episode hosted by Clarkson/Hammond/May ever went as low as 2.8m

Source or are you pulling that out of your arse?

Are these THE FACTS though?

It's an institution here. It's prime time comfy Sunday night viewing.

You mean FACTS?

Why was Top Gear openly advertising and showing an advert for Sky TVs show BILLIONS ?

They showed the actual fucking tv advert that Sky show

why would anyone want to watch this anyway? unless you're really into cars the whole appeal of the show has always been the banter between the hosts, and rehashing the same formula with other hosts just seems really forced... let's see how the grand tour turns out

The BBC are retarded.
If there was competition on the other channels that people watched live, but they also like TG, then the iplayer figures would be proportionally higher than usual, making up the same sized audience.
It should also be made clear that Clarkson Gear often had sports events as competition but never had such a small live audience.
The first episode also received the worst Audience Appreciation Index score I've ever seen, of 60/100

Yeah but it was never this big and it had Clarkson to ease its awfulness.

But Jesus why do they keep on increasing the number of guests? Two was bad enough. And that introducing each other thing is just so awkward and let's not forget the audience clap competition thing.

looks like they had 2 eps lower than 2.8, 1 being S01E01 and the other S01E06

The real audience drop will be the worldwide audience figure.
From 450 million people to zero.

You sad tosser. The first series, the first episodes ever and the series without May.

May wasn't in the first season.

Filler.

Evans will have an excuse every single week, and he will contradict himself every week as well.

Even when the show either gets cancelled, or time slot changed, or a whole lot of new hosts he will still have an excuse for why it bombed.

>Implying foreign tv Networks will buy this when Amazon has the real deal with the lads.

Just give up already

God I hope so. The professor and his FACTs are the best thing to come out of this.

>Filler

Well why not have the Extra Gear, that everyone says is better, on it instead of that filler? Both the segment and EG are the same length of time and having one show instead of two would save money surely.

Yeah and Amazon can sell it to tv networks after they've shown it on Prime, if they wish. Especially areas without Amazon service.

Because real people don't want to see two boring unknowns without a personality between them droning on about cars m8.

Yeah that's how it works here. HBO, Amazon, hulu, AmC shows etc are aired on basic cable 1-4 weeks after or so

JUST

I never understood the appeal of Top Gear. It's scripted comedy played off as improvisations.

Hey look he's doing his meme again in another thread!
This guy is like a fucking comedy genius!!

?

I saw this thread from the homepage.

Haha! Pathetic response you fucking mongoloid.

How do you go from
>most watched show in the world
to
>2.8
???

Diversity.

The funny thing is the season is only six (6) episodes long despite having double the presenters. So even if the quality improved by the end of the season it's not enough time for the majority of the audiance to give it a second chance. The next season will be dead in the water.

Add all this to the fact that we've probably seen the best segments since the BBC will have wanted them to put their best foot forward, and the show is already 50% filler. There is no way the show will recover.

Because the people who made the show good walked out after Jeremy Clarkson got fired.

Just fuck my show up. FACT!

FACT.

complete lack of understanding about the programme.

The BBC saw it as a presenting job. Hire new presenters and it will be the same. Nope.

It's mostly because we like the guys. It doesn't matter if it's fake or not. In its current incarnation it was never about the cars.

its not taxes, you pay for a tv license, and if you dont want to watch the BBC you dont have to

Why

FACT

so they can laugh at his FACTS

>Be Clarkson
>Get to slap a lazy mick around to vent
>Have a laugh with my mates about it
>Get a vacation
>Get a pay raise
>Lose the red tape and PC police
>Watch a ginger cunt get a public flogging like he deserves
>Have a bigger laugh with my mates
>Dick about in my new office with my mates

Is Clarkson the most shrewd business man... in the world?

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

They all sill earn royalties for the show airing even though they no longer have anything to do with it. They literally get free money from Chris being a cunt and making the whole world hate him. It's be a mercy if they just killed him.

Clarkson for prime minister

How is LeBlanc?

>hire the shittiest presenter around whose response to mass criticism is to do the thing that caused the criticism even more (shouty)

How YOU doin' lol

Clarkson and Wilman are as sharp as fuck. Look how they are not shouting and screaming about The Grand Tour but just sitting back and letting the hype build and letting the new TG fall on it's ass.

That is a good question about the two presenters. At first they showed off all six of them together as the new presenters and now there are essentially two.

Do you think it was due to the backlash of the sheer number of extra presenters so they scaled it down?

probably very embarrased

>yfw the video of Hammond and May timing him putting together a cardboard box was better than the new Top Gear
how do they do it

It seems backwards to hire a mixed bunch who didn't know each other before hand and then ask them to be friends...

instead of actually hiring a bunch of friends. They need to just hire one guy and then have him bring his friends for the bants. Or they need to reinvent the show more than they've done so far.

Most watched show... in the world

When he's not forced to do awkward shit by Evans he's pretty good. He even gets along with the guests much better than Evans despite Evans having decades of hosting experience more than him.

The BBC must fucking know why its hated.

The problem is Evans. That is a FACT.

There were never 6 full time presenters. You were all told this here months ago but you never listened.

bantz
a
n
t
z

>yfw Clarkson and chums are gracious and polite while the new PC Top Gear are cuntish oafs despite that being the reason for the regime change

I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with Evans. The problem is they needed a chummy cast from day one, or at least people more simpatico than Evans and LeBlanc.

So Evans is the cancer of the show

No other version of TG except the lads has been popular.

That is a true fact. The format is NOT what makes it popular.

He honestly feels quite awkward, unfunny, and not very knowledgeable. I don't have against Friends, but he gives off the impression that he doesn't want to be there (on Top Gear) most of the time.

My question is if Shit Gear went so bad that they cancelled it would they sell the Stig right to Amazon and the gang?

Did anyone else watch ginger crying on Extra Gear? Not once, but twice.

No, they'd shelve the show for 5 years and try again when people are less sore from the loss of Clarkson May and Hammond.

its not really schrewd he is just high in demand

He's acting the role of a tg presenter. It's false.

the stig can die with the old/new top gear

i'd rather the show just go back to being about the specials, bantz and the gang

What did he check his Twitter account live?

LeBlanc might improve, but all of his experience is in scripted television and it shows. He doesn't think quickly on his feet; he's fine when he has a rough script (e.g. the reviews), but his banter is really weak.

Lol its Doctor Who all over again.

id be fine with this Top Gear in its current state needs to die the formula was getting boring even with clarkson and the boys so yeah

The Antiques Roadshow is a British institution.

I always used to enjoy watching it with my gran. Ditto the Gladiators and 90s Superman TV programme.

>implying all of old top gear wasn't scripted

heh, kid

No, because they're bitter cunts.

Those are the FACTs Chris.

I guess he's okay. I don't really know why he was inserted into Top Gear though. Seem kinda awkward in the role but I hope he'll get better.

That kind of bantz can't be scripted, the events and some of the "pranks" were scripted, sure, but they were able to improvise on the spot if needed.

Hands up who thinks LeBlanc ever owned a hot Golf or drove a Transit van or bought a clapped out Alpha Romeo for the hell of it?

No?

Exactly.

So, have any foreign broadcasters begun airing episodes yet? I'm curious to see what rating it gets around the world compared to what it used to.

Stig was hilarious though

Especially when they replaced May with him for anything requiring speed

Clarkson Gear went against Call the Midwife and didn't get shitty audiences.

Fuck off Evans.

Why didn't they just get the actual Chris Evans? Every money spent to get him would be worth it

He will get better. His banter with Tiny was nice.

He doesn't want to be there for the awkward shit he's forced to do with Chris Evans (the standing ovation for his intro in the first episode with Evans running at him to high five him, him having to wheel Chris Evans out in a hospital bed for the second episode intro, etc.)

They always used to show a clip of what ever was being plugged.

To be fair. Who the fuck would watch Top Gear over Antiques Roadshow? That's a no-brainer.

He likes driving cars (Chris Evans just collects expensive cars and keeps them behind glass to look at) and was the fastest ever star in a reasonably priced car.

It didn't do so well on BBC America.

Implying any foreign countries have bought this.

Clue: they haven't

>having to wheel Chris Evans out in a hospital bed
That was pure TFI Friday levels of visual diarrhoea.

Don't be silly, there was loads of scripting.

The difference was they had natural charisma and chemistry. Evans is a cunt and Joey is there for bored wives. Its a shame that Joey is actually the far better presenter.

Why isn't there a petition to end Evans on Top Gear?

Oh god if this thing lasts until the next Marvel capeshit comes out they are going to have Evans on the show to plug it and they make an entire thing out of Captain America vs The Stig and Evans vs Evans civil war.

Best part of the show, he is kinda awkward, but honestly he is fine.