This character made zero sense

This character made zero sense.

I just don't get how a someone like this would even exist in a world that's so blatantly full of danger and lawlessness, especially if he's an ex-bannerman himself.

Even a sworn pacifist would know trouble when he sees it and how it avoid it, unless he's completely fucking mental.

It's like if someone decided to set up an Arby's in the middle of Fallujah.

Its a prime example of further division from the source material.

In the books, the guy is called Septon Meribald. He travels the lands ravaged by war, the smaller towns and settlements,to help and preach of the seven. He is a former soldier himself, who has fled from battle after seeing too many of his friends die.

He now dedicates his life to helping the small folk.

In the show, he's a super edgy killing machine

Then D&D call him Brother Ray and call it a day.

then they imply that the BwB who have found R'hollor inexplicably had him hanged instead of burning him.

Or that they just murder the women instead of at least raping them first. Is that how the BWB roll? Just executing heretics? Even so, there's no reason they wouldn't be burned unless they were just killed for the fun of it by guys who happened to associate with the BWB. In which case there's no reason rape shouldn't have happened.

>Sup Forums suggest that he won't be on the show long because he's an expensive actor.
>They kill him off in less than one.
Stop being right Sup Forums.

>Meanwhile HBO continues to fund the building of actual medieval-fantasy cities for show.

> He travels the lands ravaged by war, the smaller towns and settlements,to help and preach of the seven. He is a former soldier himself, who has fled from battle after seeing too many of his friends die. He now dedicates his life to helping the small folk.

>In the show, he's a super edgy killing machine

in what part of the episode did was he a killing machine.

He was a coward.

He told some story at a sewing circle about killing a woman's son.

That's about the extent of his atrocities from his own mouth.

I agree. Also, granted the world he's in... how stupid are these people to just join up with him? Everyone would know that you need to pair up with some sort of local fighting force otherwise your people will just end up rape, robbed and dead.

I can't really tell but is that McShane?

>It's like if someone decided to set up an Arby's in the middle of Fallujah.

Well, he's a former soldier who left that life. Shit sort of makes sense

The Hound will appear again, right?

is dany gonna kill the dwarf? (dunno its name)

why did he hang himself?

He killed a child.

Arya > memeactor

>depict white family oriented society
>massacre

>its a Sup Forums tries to critique a character episode

>muh books!
>muh hyperbole!

the character made more sense than when your mother forget to swallow your run-away daddys cum.

retard

NOW WHY WOULD THE BROTHERHOOD BE HANGING PEOPLE? HMMM?

>IT'S JUST TITS AND DRAGONS

based McShane

uh huh

why?

I don't understand why the village was randomly slaughtered.

I don't understand why there is so much random killing and raping in the game of thrones world. Is it the national past time?. Like literally 50% of people are killers and rapists.

just like real life

there are lots of marauding bands of soliders/bandits after a war

if they are hungry/poor and can kill you and certainly get away with it then there is not much reason not to

It's called bravery.

50% of people are white men, so obviously they are killers and rapists.

I haven't read all the books yet but from my understanding the Brotherhood without Banners don't massacre innocent people. Under Beric Dundarrion they went around protecting the poor and helpless, then went around hunting the people responsible for the Red Wedding under Lady Stoneheart.

>I haven't read the books, please spoofeed me.

These guys where obviously bandits that separated from the brotherhood.

>introduce one of the few characters from AFFC who was interesting
>one of the few instances where GRRM's writing was actually decent and explored real themes about war
>completely remove his monologue

what was the fucking point

IT'S TOO LONG FOR TV DABID

plot device

But I thought the dude in yellow was Lem, who is supposed to be a good guy. I don't know. I'm out of my depth here.

At least he was just in one episode and not a major character who's stupid philosophy is a central theme of the series now

lemoncloak

>I know, I'll reply to every post and call them reddit. That will surely up the quality of the board!

Quality post, my friend.

Upvoted :^)

>Under Beric Dundarrion
They are under Lady Stoneheart now

do you not know about ISIS sex slave markets and rape fatwas?

You're a total fucking moron.

mmm

Not the same character. Just an excuse to get Sandy Clegs back

It's called actually having an ideal

you are just a cynical realist who would sell his mother and fuck her if you could get away with it

and what the fuck were they even building?

it says /r/ - Adult Requests, Nothing Found

He's literally the old warrior in every samurai/western who's too tired of this shit and is a friend of the newly pacifist protagonist who gets gunned down so that the protagonist has to go and get revenge.

If anything his character was too cookie-cutter.

I'm just mad they used based Ian for the role when he should've been casted as someone else who lives longer

No, they just wanted to show you he was alive and lived happily ever after.

Try living in Poitou during the 100 years war, my man.

Was kinda hoping The Hound would have become like Thorfinn, trying to become peaceful only to end up with violence coming to him instead.

>liking an actor means you belong to reddit

Friendly reminder to report shitposters

Isn't that pretty much what happened

no user its only 15 irl

Actually, it's 8%.

Kinda but without the full slaveland saga part.

but that graph says 16

(you) (you) (you)

I see 31...

I really started to hate the show after S4 but seriously book readers bitch about every fucking trivial shit they find in the show that it starts to become annoying.

Did that ever end? I stopped reading during all of the farmland shit

Pretty much... well?

Not everything is as bad, and as tragic as it is in kings landing. There's plenty of land to roam around on.

I agree. There was nothing really original about his character, but it was well-acted.

how is he a super edgy killing machine?

It ended, it's merchantland saga now, nearly at fightinsaga

>Fallujah

That has me thinking.

With so many US military vehicles driving around, why don't they strap on some google street view cameras onto them?

The countries without google street view are basically occupied by the US anyway.

yeah, i remember making the argument that McShane wouldn't be on long b/c of his pedigree and pay rate. however, i was still shocked by his character's demise. i mean, one fucking episode? jeez, man, what a bummer. i figured he'd be on at least three. anyways, it really was a breath of fresh air to see him and hopefully next year in a Deadwood movie or two. at least the Hound's back. in a show lacking characters that interest me, i grew to like the Hound.

it's because once you keep changing a reasonably well-plotted story, beyond a certain point it just makes more and more plot holes with every scene.

He's not. He literally is talking about how he's sad that he killed one kid in the past and how he's a pacifist. There are a ton of actual current super edgy killing machines in the show and books, and it's not this guy running a damn hippie commune