Thoughts on Annie Clark / St. Vincent, Sup Forums?

Thoughts on Annie Clark / St. Vincent, Sup Forums?

Do you prefer her edgy fart guitar albums (Strange Mercy and St. Vincent) or her more chill, less noisey albums (Actor and Marry Me)? How would you like LP5 to sound like?

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/thepitch/1419-st-vincent-on-her-directing-debut-the-birthday-party/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I really like all of it honestly. I used to prefer Strange Mercy, but I'm in love with the material on Marry Me right now. "Human Racing" is ridiculously underrated.

No one does edgy fart guitar better than Annie.

In the Pitchfork interview about her movie she says that that song New York will probably be on her new album (and hopefully extended, kind of like how Pieta was longer than the live version) and while she doesn't answer the question of whether Sounwave and some other Kendrick collaborators will show up on her new album her answer seems to indicate that they will in some way.

>And during that performance, you played a gorgeous new ballad with the memorable line, “You’re the only motherfucker in the city who can stand me.” Will that song be on your upcoming album?
>Yeah. I think that song will definitely be released.

>You recently worked on a Rolling Stones cover with Kendrick Lamar collaborators Sounwave and Terrace Martin. Have you done anything with them for your new album too?
>Um... I... OK, I’m trying to figure out the things I can say without getting angry emails from management, like, “What are you doing?!” Yeah, there are… um… I don’t think I can say anything. I’m sorry! I’m so excited about it, though. I’ve never been more excited about anything.

pitchfork.com/thepitch/1419-st-vincent-on-her-directing-debut-the-birthday-party/

Why does she tell lies so frequently?

bump

Both, but she's not doing anything especially new with her recent work even though its good. She's unbelievably pretentious about it too, eg. when she lied about always loving Kate Bush despite saying in an earlier interview that she got into her late. Seems like an awful person now compared to then.

>2037
>Annie is releasing her 12th studio album
>is considered an important musician of the century
>has also directed and scored several movies to similar acclaim
>go on Sup Forums to talk about the upcoming album
>"Yeah but do you remember that one time when she contradicted herself in a Pitchfork interview? Her career is over."

wow waifufag simmer down. No-one said her career was over. We were just expressing an opinion

You forgot to mention that one time she contradicted herself in a Pitchfork interview about when she got into Kate Bush. Can't let anyone forget about it in the 8 minutes since your last post.

lol, mental

see

seek help

user, I can't keep up the truth revealing for you this entire thread. You're going to have to do it yourself while I go to sleep. My suggestion would be to go to the archive and post the copypasta as this St. Vincent thread is sorely lacking it. Keep fighting the good fight brotha.

the Kate Bush copypasta hasn't been posted in like a week. Did the guy who posts it die or something?

she lies in interviews all the time. how many different stories has she given regarding the origin of her stage name, from an old family name, to the dylan thomas thing...

wtf is fart guitar?

she can't help it. she's severely mentally ill.

I like all of them but I prefer her poppier albums, Actor and St. Vincent, though.

bump

What did you think on her album with David Byrne?

strange mercy > actor> marry me > self titled

i also love marrow so much

she was cool before she turned into a self absorbed twat. or maybe the popular cocaine rumour is true.

hardcore waifufag

anyone got annie's radio 1 show megas

she was so adorable there

pretty good

SHE'S A PHONY