I just realized that Lana del Rey is better than your favorite female artist

what a surprise

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mbRnXaTIN2I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Grimes > Lana

/thread

Shit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Grimes > Lana

she's better than herself? how does that work?

No I'm pretty sure my favorite female artist didn't start her career with daddy's money, needed to create a fabricated persona and requires professional songwriters/producers to make her albums

Grimes > Lana >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> (You)

who cares about how she did it?

her end product is still better than anything your waifu has ever shat out

>LDR is better than Joanna Newsom.

'no'

Why does this board always pit women who make completely different music against each other but doesn't do the same thing for men?

/thread

>who cares about artistic integrity

because all of them create pop music while men usually create different genres.

you can't compare a rapper to an actual musican

>implying she even touches Fiona Apple in her prime

>he thinks any of the boring, mediocre, lazy, overrated pieces of crapola that Lana del Shit or Grimes put out comes anywhere close to matching the sheer brilliance and artistic aural masterpiece candy-for-the-ears that is True Romance by Charli XCX

The thread is already over. Not gonna bother reading this

Because they view music made by women as a niche instead of treating it with the same standards as music made by men. They think that because they're all women all their music is the same category no matter what it sounds like.
Exhibit A.

Son, let me give you a little tip and life lesson. I don't mean to embarrass you; it's nothing personal. We all learn it eventually, although you're learning it a little later than most. But here it is: generally speaking, when someone annihilates you in an argument, and you have absolutely no valid counterargument and can't prove them wrong, it is highly advisable that instead of opening your mouth and confirming to everyone that you are extremely frustrated by that fact, you keep your mouth shut and accept defeat with grace like an adult. Everyone will still suspect that deep down you're seething, and that your blood is boiling, but at least you yourself won't be confirming it to the world - an embarrassing situation for all. You seem like an otherwise decent young man, so I truly hope this helps you going forward in your life. Best of luck.

almost all female musicans make pop in some way because otherwise no one would care about them

Quantitiy wise, probably, but nothing she'll ever do will touch The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill

Lana del Taco

I enjoy LDR. Don't think she's the best though.

I'd really, really love to see her do a collab with Depeche Mode, but that's a pipe dream, even if it would be strictly incredible. Especially their more bluesy sound of the last 20~ years.

Ultraviolence (not the d'lux edition) has been her best work, I think.
Honeymoon seems to be specifically directed at women, but I do enjoy most of the tracks on it, just not nearly as much as my female friends. I've found this observation to be pretty consistent across my male friends as well. Kinda neat in a way.

I saw her live at a festival not to long ago, and she was breddy good. Her live rendition of Cola was very good and she stuck dat wail so I was happy.

Pretty When You Cry is indisputably her best single track.
youtube.com/watch?v=mbRnXaTIN2I

Also, she's weird as fuck, and I don't think it's that much of an effort to act that way for her.

>requires professional songwriters/producers to make her albums
I get the other ones, but isn't this true for an absurd amount of artists? I mean, Elvis barely wrote most of his music on his own and even U2 as high-profile producers. You can get into a discussion about talent etc., and I'd probably agree, but I don't think it invalidates the end (listenable) content, unless it's plagiarized or something.

How is she weird af?

In one interview she said her greatest failure was not joining the 27 club.
She spent a good minute carefully balancing a joint on the mic stand and midway through a song neglected singing to tell the sound engineers to adjust levels. Then went right back to singing exactly where she left off. The band was quick on their feet and it worked just fine, but it was strange. I've never seen anyone do that in the middle of a verse. When she wasn't actively singing she also looked really uncomfortable, shy maybe?
Also, and I'm sure this isn't that strange, but she wore a shirt that had a print of a magazine cover with herself on it. But everyone I was with thought it was kinda odd.

My mom saw her a few month after I did and said she was kind of awkward as well.

Not on the planet where La Roux, The Knife, Florence Welch, Amy Winehouse and Little Boots exist. Try again, though

lol what the fuck

i think the question was rhetorical

fuck off shill, female rappers are trash

>amy whinehouse
btfo

She's getting old...

>Lana is better than Sky
no