What are some good British comedies?

What are some good British comedies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bPqRpar4PyE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Teachers, the tv series is one that isn't mentioned often and has some hilarious moments. It's also comfy as fuck.

Blackadder though season 1 isn't the same league as 2,3,4

>father ted

ireland is not the uk

red dwarf
brass eye
peep show
spaced
I'm alan partridge
blackadder

British ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''humour''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

...is an irish comedy

Btw is that bread or what?

It Crowd, Black Books, Spaced, Peep Show, Absolutely Fabulous, Bottom
Seconded

Its smegma lad

black books is also irish

Why has no one said bottom?

>tfw Peep Show is over and the last series kinda sucked

good call. i forget her name but by the end I wanted to bang the shit out of the milf-ey teacher. goes to shit once Lincoln leaves though.

Wtf

anything with matt berry in

Well at least two first episodes of last season were ok

Jam
Jaaaaaam
Brass Eye
The Day Today
Nathan Barley

Source

With British I meant the British Isles.
Do you buy that?

Source is literally me

It was mostly filmed in London, produced by a British company and broadcast by a British network.

Bros how much do you think a collection of 50 single untampered potato chips would go for that each resembled a differnt US state???

Reminder that Ireland is rightful British clay.

any Alan partridge thing

Its smegma, look at the texture and the occasional public hair

>Do you buy that?

why on earth would I?

Ireland is neither british, nor a british isle

leave us the fuck alone, the empire is dead. Get used to it

does this mean Mulholland Dr. is a French movie?

I was joking potatonigger, but for your information; Ireland IS on the British Isles.

>Ireland IS on the British Isles.

nobody in ireland agrees Wigglesworth, nor we we use that term

We're an Irish island and that's that

>does this mean Mulholland Dr. is a French movie?

A French-American movie, certainly.

To be honest I don't really consider Father Ted to be a British sitcom, I was just pointing out that it isn't a massive leap to call it one since it was produced almost entirely within the UK TV system.

>milf-ey teacher
Susan? Ditto on that. Also you're right about it going downhill when Lincoln left. His reprise in season 3(?) gave me some serious good feels.

>nobody in ireland agrees
Maybe so, but nobody who matters cares, Connor O'Butthurt

I'll help you OP:

OMG WHAT THE DAFUQ IS THAT IMAGE?????? o.O

Yeah, I was hoping for a 100+ shitpost special but noone bit. Shame

>the only people it affects one way or the other is the irish
>y-you d-don't matter

i'd tell you to cry into your colonies Oliver, but you're about 100 years too late for that

up the ra

the people who finance the movie aren't nearly as important as the creative talent

father ted was created and written by Irishmen, all of the actors were Irish, it was set in Ireland and Irishmen wrote all the music for it

therefore it's Irish

an-mhaith ar fear. great post

go raibh maith agat mo chara

>tfw rewatching the thick of it

>being this mad

Movies
>This is Spinal Tap
>A fish called Wanda
>Withnail and I
>Life of Brian
>Cornetto Trilogy

Tv-series
>The thick of it
>Peep show
>Benny Hill

Fawlty Towers

Just spent an entire day watching all 3 seasons of bad education, it was pretty comfy

>british """""""""""""""""""""""comedy"""""""""""""""""""""""

Peep Show is not only the best British comedy its the best comedy show ever. Endlessly quotable.

I'm not as well versed in British comedy but other good ones worth checking out are Inbetweeners, Black Books, IT Crowd, Father Ted, Fawlty Towers, and obviously the original Office.

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.

youtu.be/bPqRpar4PyE

It is objectively in the British Isles though, just because you don't "feel" like it is, doesn't make it true - same applies to the UK and Europe, it's still in Europe even if people don't "feel" like it is/European

>British comedy but other good ones worth checking out are Inbetweeners, Black Books, IT Crowd, Father Ted

>father ted
>"british"

we've been over this already

They're not the British isles though, just because the British claim them to be the British Isles does not make it so.

Cornetto Trilogy

>It is objectively in the British Isles though

says who? Ireland doesn't consider itself to be a british island, why should we let other people tell us what our own island is?

Kek
brits are so quick to call the irish inferior and talk shit about them but will vehemently defend that ireland is brittish and that they are one of them
so does that make britniggers inbred too?

then again i doubt anyone from that island would have the braincells to think it through i mean they are being overrun with niggers and mudslimes so what do you expect?

>but will vehemently defend that ireland is brittish and that they are one of them

nobody does this

i liked the bit with the snake

Did you even read the thread?
Posts from other anons:
>Reminder that Ireland is rightful British clay.
>I was joking potatonigger, but for your information; Ireland IS on the British Isles.
>It is objectively in the British Isles though, just because you don't "feel" like it is, doesn't make it true - same applies to the UK and Europe, it's still in Europe even if people don't "feel" like it is/European

Also why do you lads refer to ulster as brittish anyways? It literally isnt

you spent the whole thread calling us brits and saying that our tv shows are british

what's more, is that a week ago or so there was a thread on Graham Linehin and people were accusing him of being a brit too. I corrected him and got the reply of "there's no difference paddy"

it's the same group of people

Sorry to tell you, but Ireland is part of the British Isles whether you like it or not.

that was my first post in the thread

take the tinfoil hat off. i dont see what your little anecdote proves other than your paranoi about there being some kind of anti-irish brigade patrolling the board

Ireland has been considered part of the British Isles (Britannia) since the Ancient period you spastic.

this is what we all the Imperialist mindset, kids

Eternal Anglo : not even once

it's brits on the internet in general, you see it on every website

this, also IT crowd

too bad he left for doctor shit, literally the only character that made the show worth watching

I'm not Irish but I don't think that's right. It was called Hibernia. The Romans never colonized it.

no it hasn't

just because that one Greek guy and that one Roman guy paired the two islands together, I don't see why Mediterannean types should define our own island is. Their concept of Germania and Iberia isn't relevant anymore, neither is this

>just fuck my teeth up senpai

Pretty much most things Chris Morris and Armando Iannucci have been involved with. Garth Marenghi's Darkplace, Blackadder and Monty Python also.

Brass Eye
15 Stories
Ideal
Blackadder
Young Ones
Shameless
Day Today
Alan Partridge
Peep Show
Monty Python
Dave Allen, Spike Milligan, Peter Cook & Dudley Moore...

It's nothing to do with Britain the nation state or Imperialism.

The Greeks, retard. The whole archipelago was named Britannia. Individual islands still had their own names.

Continue to deny inconvenient facts, buddy.

>It's nothing to do with Britain the nation state or Imperialism.

>The earliest known use of the phrase Brytish Iles in the English language is dated 1577 in a work by John Dee.[39] Today, this name is seen by some as carrying imperialist overtones[18]

quit while you're ahead britcuck, you're doing that Sassanach thing where you shite on about subjetcs you know nothing about

>tfw I just wanted to post my dick cheese on Sup Forums and gross out some assholes
>tfw some brit bongs get bootyblasted about IRA fucking shits

I saw the Sup Forums thread canacuck

your fault for putting uk in the filename

That's a terrible argument. Do you really think Irish people are British? Also calling people retards, classy, no wonder Irish people wanted rid of cunts like you.

>it's a no one mentions Green Wing episode

Where did I state Irish people are British? There's no such thing as a British person. But it's a fact that Ireland is part of the British Isles. Stop being retarded and you won't be called one.

The problem is Irish people don't understand the difference between geographic and political terminology.

>irish people r le stoopid

brits never change

besides, brits are as bad as the americans when it comes to geography, the fuck would you know?

Ireland is neither geographically, politically or culturally british. End of.

can it with the centuries-expired memes

Bless their little cotton socks.

>Our favourite hero was a shit-smearing coward.

Bravo Ireland! You truly are one of the top ten cleverest islands in the archipelago known worldwide, since time immemorial, as the British Isles.

If only you could be trusted to remember where you planted your potatoes.

Never claimed Irish people are stupid, you're putting words in my mouth because you lack basic comprehension skills. I am Irish myself. It's a fact that Ireland is geographically part of the British Isles- and it has been a fact for thousands of years. Never claimed Ireland was politically British (it's not and shouldn't be). Being part of a geographical area doesn't make you a part of a nationstate that bases it's name off of that geographical area.

the dinner party episode had me in tears

Just watch, in a minute he'll call the UK "cucked" or mention immigration whilst posting images which idolise Marxists.

Before we continue this whole "Ireland is in the British Isles" I wanna remind you all that yes Ireland technically is in the British Isles geographically however neither Government pushes this train of thought and neither formally recognizes the fact that Ireland is in anyway "British" even if it is a matter of Geography and terminology.

Britbong Imperialists need to calm down and recognize they lost

>I am Irish myself. It's a fact that Ireland is geographically part of the British Isles

either that's a lie or you're a cuck of the highest order

probably a southsider too

oh we've plenty of heroes, just look at literature alone

james joyce, oscar wilde, GB shaw, samuel beckett, WB Yeats

what about brits? how many brilliant authors have you produced in the past century or two?

>Ireland technically is in the British Isles geographically

nope

>in a minute he'll call the UK "cucked"

what's wrong with this? you want me to lie or something?

The person you're arguing with was always talking about geography. You lost, quit digging.

ha that's a bit rich considering Brits just resort to using the word potato over and over again when you're auguring with Irish

Yes, the British Isles is a geographical term, not a political one but like I said if you'd read my actual post, there's no basis to referring to it geographically as the British Isles due to the fact neither Government has formally acknowledge it as fact.

At last. It's big of you to admit you were wrong, even if you had to dress it up with the word "technically" for some strange bogwog reason. Please don't beat your wife and kids tonight.

I'm not the same person as the person arguing, that was my first post, I just wanted to clear it up for both sides.

>Arguing about who or what Ireland is

Who cares? They're just a nation of contrary hipsters

Not him but you're a sad cunt aren't you?

I'm a different person than the one you're talking to, idiot.

Porridge is an all time classic AND has the best TV to cinema film tie-in of any TV sitcom ever.

Anything Vic and Bob did is god-tier.

Toast of London is the best currently running sitcom (the Bob Monkhouse episode especially is, IMO, the funniest thing on British TV this decade)

>james joyce, oscar wilde, GB shaw, samuel beckett, WB Yeats

Mostly homos from the smaller of the two BRITISH ISLES.

Don't reply to trolls

>Please don't beat your wife and kids tonight.

try not to rape 1400 children, sassanach

I hope you'll all see now that the same people who persist in saying "british isles" are the same cunts who wish the empire never ended

it's sad

which manlier writers do you have to offer, JK Rowling?

Red Dwarf
Only Fools and Horses
Blackadder
Fawlty Towers
I'm Alan Partridge
Till Death Us Do Part
Drop The Dead Donkey
Steptoe and Son
Father Ted
Rab C. Nesbit
The League of Gentlemen
One Foot in the Grave
Dad's Army
Porridge
Bottom
The Young Ones
The Vicar of Dibley
Spaced
The Thick of It
Yes Minister
The Office
Rising Damp
Garth Marenghi's Darkplace
Men Behaving Badly
Phoenix Nights
Black Books
The Fast Show
Peep Show
Green Wing
PhoneShop

>What is Dickens, Orwell, Welles, Kipling, Bronte(s), Huxley, Woolf, Carroll, Elliot, Wordworth... etc