Want to move to Australia wat do?

to all 'Straya-fags on here.
I want to move to Australia. Seriously.
This isn't like a "i hate trump" thing but I just wanna move to australia. What do I need to know? What do I need to do?

-Amerifag

Other urls found in this thread:

border.gov.au/)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech_laws_in_Australia
abc.net.au/news/2011-09-28/bolt-found-guilty-of-breaching-discrimination-act/3025918
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_gun_laws#Australia
paintballaustralia.com.au/shooters_licence.htm
ballisticfirearms.com.au/QPS/Crossbow Legislation.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_issues_in_airsoft#Australia
ozlasers.com/australian-laser-laws
productsafety.gov.au/bans/yo-yo-water-balls
productsafety.gov.au/bans/novelty-cigarette-lighters
productsafety.gov.au/bans/smokeless-tobacco-products
productsafety.gov.au/bans/toys-containing-beads
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle_helmets_in_Australia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cigarette_packets_in_Australia
theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/may/03/smokers-to-pay-more-than-45-for-a-packet-of-cigarettes-from-2020
news.com.au/finance/money/why-do-we-pay-so-much-for-alcohol/news-story/1647c23acc476553ade5d77774b8fa7d
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_banned_in_Australia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banned_video_games_in_Australia
bbc.com/news/world-australia-34048497
traveller.com.au/australia-the-land-of-the-idiot-gi36oy
next.ft.com/content/1853648c-cbc3-11e5-84df-70594b99fc47
dailytelegraph.com.au/rendezview/welcome-to-australia-the-worlds-most-overregulated-nanny-state/news-story/49aa0a414ae87b9ef54e85b40af36b47?nk=12acd4a5120fa9509bd8513af6075c5d-1466651873
3news.co.nz/sport/video-highlights-australia-bowled-out-for-60-england-dominate-day-one-2015080706
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ask Chinese because they know well about how to emigrate to Australia

inb4 "fuck off we're full" or "easter?"

Me too.

I'm finishing my JD in a year and I was thinking of doing an LLM there to fill myself in on the few disparities between Can-Aus legal systems, and then trying to find a work placement afterwards.

Which is the best city: Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane, Adelaide...?

I don't really know honestly, you could check on the immigration website (border.gov.au/)

But from what I can gather, you have to either be rich, or have a valuable skill (Indians and Asians usually come to study etc) and others do Labour work

>obligatory: fuck off we're full

But if you're serious
>What do I need to do?
Idk. Apply for it? I've never been overseas (apart from bali). But we're pretty chill people as long as you're not a total dickhead.

Shut your fucking mouth I asked for australians not you god damn china wannabes.

Brisbane and Perth for cheap rent, but fuck all to do. Sydney and Melbum if you can afford the cost of living. Tradies and health professionals are in demand.

what city in the US you from?

melbs only if you're a poofta

get a job in Australia that is open to foreigners and don't get fired or leave the country for long enough to become eligible for citizenship application

I hear Melbourne is kinda like Vancouver (in terms of number of Chinese, high cost of living, but a more "trendy" city for the yuppie youth).

Is Sydney nice, or is it just like a Toronto? Cost of living isn't really an issue assuming I can find work.

Sydney is probably the cleanest chinese city around

>american
fuck off we're full

i'm from buffalo, NY
i want some god damn warm weather.

Melbourne is the place to be

Sydney is unaffordable unless you get a really nice job or want to travel an hour to work every day.

Brisbane is a bogan shithole full of xenophobes

Perth just lost the mining boom so it's starting to die

Darwin is an aboriginal shithole

Adelaide is ... okay but not really going anywhere

Tasmania is dead

Not full enough for a tens of thousands of Emus though huh?
Fuck what you want I'm comin in and I'm fuckin staying.

Most cities here are a fair bit more expensive than buffalo, but not as bad as a city like NYC or San Fran in terms of rent, utilities etc..

Easiest way in is to be a skilled professional with a job offer.

Jeez Sydney is expensive

sydney is the most expensive place in the world to buy a house after shanghai iirc

>I want to move to Australia. Seriously.
Why? I've only ever dreamed of getting out.

Several reasons. Warm weather, beautiful area, incredible wildlife, I dunno really.
It's just been something I've always wanted to do.

You already sound better than the European immigrants.

What is Australia doing to curb housing prices, if anything?

BC enacted a foreign buyers tax of 15% recently, and it has only flatlined prices and caused a resulting spike in Toronto now that the Chinese are taking their money there.

trying to stop chinese buyers but it's not really doing anything since australians are starting to do the same thing and buy up houses because the only way the price can go is up

Chinese Australia

The Chinese get blocked when trying to buy large amounts of land here. It's mostly agricultural but I think it happens in urban areas as well.

I would like to see some decentralization. As it currently stands, if you're not in Sydney or Melbourne you're missing out in a lot of ways. That naturally brings people from the countryside to the big city, in search of something resembling a modern life.

It's anecdotal, but I plan on going to university in 2018. There's one school in my town and it serves the surrounding countryside. It only has two majors for a bachelor of science, if I want anything extra I have to change campus to Melbourne. It's shit like that that brings people out of the country and to the big city, then the offer of jobs keeps them there.

it's not. It's 7th behind

Monaco
Hong Kong
London
Singapore
Geneva
New York City

still expensive but not as LE APOCALYPTIC as sydrunts make it out to be

Canberra. All the faggots elsewhere are just jealous of our prosperity and success.

unemployment rate for JD grads in Australia is something foolish right now, like north of 60%

Well I'm gonna hit the sack for tonight.
Thanks for all the support/information you guys!
I really hope I can get there soon.

good luck with those emus ;)

>forgetting Canberra

Chinese people only make up 4% of the population, but they congregate in areas (particularly places in Sydney and Melbourne) which gives the illusion there are a lot more. People also mistake SE Asians (Vietnamese, Thai ect.) for Chinese.

>cost of living really isn't an issue
Depends on your job. I assume you're going to be renting. Tbh renting in inner Sydney isn't as prohibitive as people claim it is. Poorfag students manage to do it. It helps if you have a decent wage ($60-$80k) and are sharing with people. Wages are generally higher here.

The weekly rent for my last place was $250 each (4 bedrooms, 4 people) in the inner west right next to the city.

You are pissing money away though, getting into the Sydney property market is not realistic for the vast majority who live here.

Sydney is a very nice place to live though (weather, lifestyle etc) if you can afford it. Good idea to get a car because it's very large and public transport pretty bad.

t. genghis khan

autism

this
>they'll never know how good it is

>no right to free speech, hate speech laws out the ass
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech_laws_in_Australia
abc.net.au/news/2011-09-28/bolt-found-guilty-of-breaching-discrimination-act/3025918
>downright draconian gun laws

Self-explanatory. Most types of firearms are banned. Most guns people own are shitty .22lr bolt actions.
>need a license for fucking air rifles
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_gun_laws#Australia
>need a fucking license for paintball guns
paintballaustralia.com.au/shooters_licence.htm
>need a license for crossbows
ballisticfirearms.com.au/QPS/Crossbow Legislation.html
>airsoft is banned
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_issues_in_airsoft#Australia
>LASER pointers over 1mw are banned (effectively banning the vast majority)
ozlasers.com/australian-laser-laws
>fucking YO YO WATERBALLS are banned
productsafety.gov.au/bans/yo-yo-water-balls
>novelty toy-like lighters are banned
productsafety.gov.au/bans/novelty-cigarette-lighters
>smokeless tobacco is banned
productsafety.gov.au/bans/smokeless-tobacco-products

>toys containing beads are banned

productsafety.gov.au/bans/toys-containing-beads

>need a helmet to ride a fucking bicycle

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle_helmets_in_Australia

>plain packaging on cigarettes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cigarette_packets_in_Australia

>absurdly high taxation on alcohol and cigarettes
theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/may/03/smokers-to-pay-more-than-45-for-a-packet-of-cigarettes-from-2020
news.com.au/finance/money/why-do-we-pay-so-much-for-alcohol/news-story/1647c23acc476553ade5d77774b8fa7d
>many violent games and movies banned or censored even after the R18 was introduced
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_banned_in_Australia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banned_video_games_in_Australia
>video games are expensive as shit

t. khan

>LA
What the fuck? L.A. isn't even expensive by normal standards, what the hell is it doing on this list?

>"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -CS Lewis

Ausfailia is one of the biggest NANNY STATES IN THE WORLD.

bbc.com/news/world-australia-34048497

traveller.com.au/australia-the-land-of-the-idiot-gi36oy

next.ft.com/content/1853648c-cbc3-11e5-84df-70594b99fc47

dailytelegraph.com.au/rendezview/welcome-to-australia-the-worlds-most-overregulated-nanny-state/news-story/49aa0a414ae87b9ef54e85b40af36b47?nk=12acd4a5120fa9509bd8513af6075c5d-1466651873

AUSKEKS HAVE TO SHITPOST BECAUSE IT'S THE ONLY THRILL THEY HAVE LEFT KEK. LITERALLY THE MOST DANGEROUS THING THEY ARE ALLOWED TO DO.

>"h-heh at least w-we don't ban k-kinder eggs sharter" typed the increasingly nervous and embarassed australian man on his 1 kb/s internet as he remained locked up in a padded room forced to wear a helmet, with his body bubble wrapped under costant harm supervision by his government let he cut himself on a piece of paper

I'm out fuckers. Thanks for the help :)
Hopefully I can move there soon, it's a shitshow over here.

Laters :)

Prettt mich why I'd never live permanently in australia. If I went to school there it'd be fine because it'd still be roughly the same.

Of course there's no point in actually doing stuff about it because of foreign-influence-btfo. It's like they (also include europe) don't even look at America and realize how shitty their laws are. How much further will they have to be nannied? It'd make a great history lesson.

Give me your American passport and I'll give you my Aussie one, deal?

>Moving to a predominately English speaking country

Good luck with that. Your only hopes are to get a STEM degree and hope you're good enough to get hired or get rich and invest a significant amount in the country.

fuck off we're full

>have American passport
>still get detained and deported

Don't.

learn Chinese

Be rich desu

Where?

Perth lost the mining boom several years ago, but ultimately we are still suffering
>6.9% unemployment
>roughly 15% youth unemployment

Please don't go to bali

>be australian
>wake up next to your sister
>"ay dahlin fahk moi that was a noice root last noight"
>ride a kangaroo to the shitposting plant
>get stopped by abos
>their faces haven't loaded yet because of high ping
>give them all your petrol anyway
>apologise for invading their country
>say thank you to the traditional owners of the land, the irrawajjialabumbajjiju people
>continue on your way
>shitpost hard on Sup Forums all day so you can afford to pay your internet bill ($1000 for 0.1bps connection, 3mb data cap)
>go home
>get mugged by abos again
>no petrol this time, give them some of your ping instead
>switch on the tv
>the wallabies lost to new zealand again
>"fahkin no worries m8 she'll be roight I'll just watch the loigue instead"
>the kangaroos lost to new zealand again
>"m-muh cricket"
>3news.co.nz/sport/video-highlights-australia-bowled-out-for-60-england-dominate-day-one-2015080706
>"m-muh afl"
>can't see what's happening, players' mullets blocking the camera
>go to new zealand, steal some pavlova and claim it was yours all along
>cry yourself to sleep muttering "m-muh hdi, m-muh gdp per capita"
>get bitten by spoidah
>die within seconds