Tyrion Thread

What the fuck happened to him? He used to be such a fucking badass. I'm thinking him being in Essos is just ruining his character. Just watch this fucking scene from season 2 episode 2.

youtube.com/watch?v=z0VXYz7cjGE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CY5As-RP1MM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anyone who claims they didn't like Dinklage's portrayal pre-season 4 is a fucking liar.

And to answer your question, he realised

A. The show was going to shit

B. He didn't really beed to try anymore

If he was in Westeros, he probably would've drunk himself to death in a ditch somewhere. Pretty much everything fell apart once Tywin wasn't there breathing down their necks. He and his brother have no one to prove themselves to, his sister runs around doing whatever she pleases.

The plot moved past him. They still need him in the show because he was majorly popular in season 1-4. Instead of giving him something interesting to do, he's just there.

Bad writing is the answer as always.

You can't even blame D&D for Tyrion going to shit.

His whole arc in ADWD is painful to read.

I marathoned all the GOT seasons during the past days and the quality difference between s1 and s6 is quite shocking. EVERYTHING is just worse now, despite the bigger budget.
The only actual difference I see is that there are more people on the screen.

His storyline being intertwined with Daenerys is to blame.

>The only actual difference I see is that there are more people on the screen.

What does he mean by this? They have killed off about 50% of the characters since the beginning of the show

there are more background characters doing their stuff and the fights are just bigger.

why is Davos helping Jon
why is Tyrion helping Dany

hes just been absent these last episodes, i want to see more of him trying to fix Mereen.

its a legitimately interesting plot point with him in charge of an entire City, if they just focus on his story just a little bit and give him more screen time we would get that magic back.

its just lack of screen time thats hurting him this season

grrm stopped writing

Show runners started to lose it in S5, in S6 it's become blatantly obvious. I've stopped watching it and I used to torrent it the night it came out back in S3-S4. It's not even that I have a principled reason to dislike it. I just stopped caring, and so have a lot of other people apparently.

Davos with Jon makes sense because Stannis took a liking to Jon. Tyrion and Dany makes no sense. Just like how Yara and Theon helping Dany makes no sense.
It is not lack of screen time. Every scene he's been in isn't good and is just boring. Same since he's been in Essos. He's just been boring.

Yeah Davos is quite fucked up, literally Brienne-tier
>Oh noes, the lord I serve is dead
>Better be the most loyal servant of this guy

Pure glory hunters

>why is Davos helping Jon

He was stuck up in the North and believes the White Walkers are a threat. Jon's the only person away from the Wall who can do anything to prepare the rest of the Seven Kingdoms and nobody will listen to the Night's Watch.

>why is Tyrion helping Dany

She's the only one left who has a chance of putting together a strong enough force to kick Cersei and company out of King's Landing. She's his best chance for revenge.

literally the entire Essos plotline is stalled waiting for all the other stories to reach a certain point. it's so a big plot twist involving what the actual ultimate threat of the story is can happen at a point where the pacing won't go into the shitter.

>He was stuck up in the North and believes the White Walkers are a threat.

He never saw them, why would he believe in such fantasies ?
He is a pure glory hunter, a dog who needs a master to serve

I've stopped caring but I still watch it. It takes me about 2 hours to get through a 50 minute episode. generally there are around 2 good scenes per episode which make it sort of worthwhile.

Lol get a load of this kid

>It takes me about 2 hours to get through a 50 minute episode
Are you an actual retard ?

The show fucking blows and your shit taste is laid bare by liking it, deal with it

>He never saw them, why would he believe in such fantasies
You're the type of retard that gets killed off pretty quick in horror movies.

Not saying it's good, just laughing at how childish that post was.

I keep tabbing over to Sup Forums because I watch the show the monday morning after it airs and the threads are honestly more entertaining than the show a lot of the time. my attention span can handle art films easily.

One thing I don't understand - is Tyrion still being actively hunted by Cersei/the crown at this point? You'd think word would've reached Kings Landing by now that he's been acting as Daenarys' chief adviser and public spokesman in Mereen, but nobody seems to have mentioned it. I mean I know Cersei has other things to deal with, but it seems odd that she'd just stop caring about the man she believes to have murdered her son when she must surely be aware of his location now.

>the threads are honestly more entertaining than the show
Confirmed retard. Got threads are autism incarnate.

Flanderization.

this to be honest

i fucking cringed at

>thats what i do. i drink and i know things :^)

The Intel KL got was from varys. He's not there anymore and qyburn probably hasn't got full control of varys' little birds

She cares more about her other plotli- I mean children now.

Tyrion is not a lannister. Remember how Lyanna Stark died while giving birth to Jon Snow? Tyrion "killed" his mother when he was born. It's a clue as to who the father was. That's the reason he is there. It's for future reveals. Jon Snow, Tyrion and Dany will ride each their dragon over the white walkers, burning them all. For that to happen, Tyrion needed to get to Dany and become sympathetic towards her.

SJW writers are doing hard turn with all character progression and turning all the white males into beta cucks who baw and ask for women for help
its a sad pathetic fact of life, writers just try to shoe horn their social agendas into shitty episodes of television by giving you a full face of a flaccid cock for no fucking reason other than to cuck males

Well atleast in the books you can get in his head so instead of loveable drunk dwarf you get to see how dark and twisted his head and motives are. No to defend Tyrions ADWD arc to much but you also get greyscale and joncon. Jus sayin.

Sadly, this.
>Where do whores go, father?
I was hoping the meereeneese to actually throw some lions at them even though Penny is a qt3.14 dwarf that doesn't deserve her terrible fate.

>helping a chick with dragons is a waste of time

Do you realize these things are asoiaf nukes

They shouldn't need any special Intel to find out where he is, though. He's not in hiding any more, he's a prominent political figure in a major city. It seems inconceivable that news of his re emergence wouldn't have travelled to Westeros et.

Tyrion is Tywin's only real son, Jamie and Cersei are Targ scum

>Tyrion "killed" his mother when he was born. It's a clue as to who the father was.
How so ?

youtube.com/watch?v=CY5As-RP1MM

Now it's just memes and muh dragons.

Since he saw Melly Sanders drink poison and shit out Spooky Stannis he's probably a bit more open to shit like Whitewalkers.

This show foreshadows alot. When Danereys was born, her mother died. When Jon Snow was born, the mother died. When Tyrion died, the mother died.

It's a clue, telling you they have the same father.

DABID destroyed his character by making him a good guy.

So the father would be Aegon Targeryan ?

Inconceivable? You honestly can't think of any reason why that would be? He's the other side of the world. Their intel is shit without varys. They wouldn't even know Dany had dragons if it weren't for him so I think we can assume the world isn't super connected like ours. Messages across the narrow sea go by person not raven. And it's not like they can just look shit up on the westerosnet.

Hey, wait... what happened to that thing with the dragons? Didn't he go down to their dungeon a few episodes ago to get to know them? Has anything come of that????

It was such a close-up and so sudden that it took me a few seconds to process it was a flaccid dick in my face.

Then I wondered why the hell it was being shown to us in the first place.

If I wanna see dicks I want to see big throbbing ones that look meat and suckable.

What the fuck happened to him?

He went to Essos. Essos sucks and I don't care about anyone there. Tyrion is the best part about it honestly.

its to cuck males, its basically shoving a dick into your face and rubbing your nose in it to show you they have the power to dictate what SJW bullshit they want
then proceeded to have every single main character in the series baw and cry and ask for a woman's help

>What the fuck happened to him?

That scene where he's trying to use a drinking game to pull a decent conversation out of these two, only to give up when he realizes they're boring as shit, sums up nearly everything about the Essos plot.

It sure as hell turning on the ladies or fags that's for sure. I'm not sure if it's SJW bull or just bad directing. This season has felt off with fart jokes and unfunny lines, and I wonder if the dick was supposed to be funny for god knows what reason...

damn, the writing used to be so much better

Farts jokes are best jokes
Especially Picelle's farts

This guy gets it

>It sure as hell turning on the ladies or fags that's for sure.
Well, i'm no fag but that was a beautiful dick.

It was ugly af and I assume you're an uncut fag with another ugly dick

>lol get a load at
>childish

>implying
It was cleanly shaved, a decent shape, not excessively curved, and a moderate size (flaccid).
It's not the best dick I've seen, but it wasn't ugly.

gay?

Oh no, just a mere cock connoisseur.
I like watching cocks and cataloging them.

his arc is supposed to be painful, it's a contrast le witty nice dwarf from before, GRRM tries to push how vile he can make Tyrion will having him still be sympathetic