Have you ever worn a band's t-shirt and have people actually recognize it?

Have you ever worn a band's t-shirt and have people actually recognize it?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.aerosmith.com/toxic-twins-world-tour.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yep, wore my brown/yellow Drama Konkret shirt when getting some cake and two hipsters with huge ear piercings and skateboards looked at me in awe and said "Wow! Cooles Shirt!"

Which city do I live in?

Rexburg, Idaho

I once got recognized for wearing a cut copy shirt, but the guy just knew the band. But it was better than nothing

One time a girl complimented my Velvet Undergound & Nico shirt while I was walking to class. It caught me off guard and I said "Lou Reeeeed, right?", gave a thumbs up and immediately walked away

I used to work in a headshop and usually just got weird comments about my shirts. Had a couple people recognize my Autechre shirt and one for my Merzbow one.

I don't really wear band tees but I had a chill coworker compliment my modified bad religion blouse the one time I wore it. I work in a stuffy corporate office so that was unexpected!

When do you guys retire your tees and what do you do with them at that point?

i had my bathory shirt on once and some old lady was like cooOOOoOoOl pentagraaaaam

I don't really have any band shirts that people would recognize

I did however compliment someone's In Rainbows shirt at a party and he was caught off guard by it

All the girls love my arctic monkeys shirt

good 4 u

>downtown chicago
>some black guy walks up to me staring at my this heat shirt
>"health and efficiency! cool!"
>i just nervously gave a thumbs up and walked away

Is that Winston McCall?

My NIN shirt by a professor last year.

>walk into work
>boss confronts me
>"ohshit"
>compliments me on my wire shirt

I found a super rare Toxic Twins Aerosmith shirt on ebay, bought the shit out of it and only had one dude recognize it as an Aerosmith. Felt good.

Now Aerosmith sells it on their merch store RIP.

store.aerosmith.com/toxic-twins-world-tour.html

Had multiple qt's recognize my death grips shirt. Had a nice chat with two of them. Also got recognized by a massively overweight man at a mall who started trying to talk to me about them. Stopped wearing it out as much after that.

I have a shirt with the "Meet the Residents" cover on it and this one professor at my college saw it and started asking me questions about which of the beatles is my favorite and which beatles album is best

most people probably just think you bought it at a milo rally or something

a few months ago i was in Barnes and nobles wearing this and the cashier said "this heat.... nice" only time anyone recognized it

had a smiths shirt, had quite a few comments.
never knew what to say because i don't even really like the smiths so i stopped wearing it.

Same but last semester. PHM is apparently one of his fav albums

two different clerks at the same CVS complimented my elliott smith shirt on separate occasions

This one bald guy who was walking his dog got really excited when he saw my Jesus and Mary Chain shirt and said "Duuuuude! Awesome shirt!"

Made my day.

I have a Don't Be Scared shirt and one time this like 6 foot tall model looking black girl said "I really like your Daniel johnston shirt" I've had it happen other times with other shirts but that's the most memorable

i wore an aphex twin shirt to my first gym class in college and my teacher was a huge Warp fan
he'd put on the more accessible stuff when we'd be doing warmup exercises n stuff, he was a huge bro

i wore a Modern Lovers shirt to an Ought show and got hella reactions

I have a Les Discrets shirt that doesn't have the logo on it, but some odd symbol along with the Ariettes artwork. Some dude asked me if it was a YOB shirt.

I was at a semi-upscale pizza place and the guy working the register complimented me on my Lil Ugly Mane shirt.