Tfw pic related is absolutely right

>tfw pic related is absolutely right

>it's bad that more people know a lot about music

>My brother listen to music he found out about by himself
>He must not connect to the music!

How does he think people discovered music before the internet?
Also nobody said you would get laid because you like music. It's just a hobby for me. I enjoy listening to music. It's really that simple.

he was on to something at the beginning but then it went to shit

Yeah, I'm a bit peeved.

I was hoping for something profound.

Because our time is struggling toward the word with which it may express its spirit, many names come to the fore and all make claim to being the right one. [...] Without our assistance, time will not bring the right word to light; we must all work together on it. If, however, so much depends on us, we may reasonably ask what they have made of us and what they propose to make of us; we ask about the education through which they seek to make us creators of that word. Do they conscientiously cultivate our predisposition to become creators or do they treat us only as creatures whose nature simply permits training? [...] Therefore we are concerned above all with what they make of us in the time of our plasticity; the school question is a life question.
Apart from any other basis which might justify a superiority, education, as a power, raised him who possessed it over the weak, who lacked it, and the educated man counted in his circle, however large or small it was, as the mighty, the powerful, the imposing one: for he was an authority
If it is the drive of our time, after freedom of thought is won, to pursue it to that perfection through which it changes to freedom of the will in order to realize the latter as the principle of a new era, then the final goal of education can no longer be knowledge, but the will born out of knowledge, and the spoken expression of that for which it has to strive is: the personal or free man. Truth consists in nothing other than man's revelation of himself, and thereto belongs the discovery of himself, the liberation from all that is alien, the uttermost abstraction or release from all authority, the re-won naturalness. Such thoroughly true men are not supplied by school; if they are there, they are there in spite of school.

I don't even get what the fuck he's trying to communicate, what is he insinuating with the bit about getting laid? Is he saying his brother is only 'eclectic' because he wants to get pussy?

How stoned and/or bored are you?

what does the way you discover music have to do with the way you connect with it?

it's less the way music is discovered and more the way it's appreciated i guess. like when people speedread a book and then complain that it didn't live up to the hype because they didn't take the time to appreciate it

everything? you dense or what lad

but it takes a lifetime to appreciate anything at all
whats his point?

i dont understand how that effects the emotional substance of a piece of art and the way in which you connect with it. just because it's more accessible to you doesn't mean the way you interpret the content is somehow less substantial. this is some self aggrandizing vinyl nerd logic

>The truth is, I thought it mattered - I thought that music mattered. But does it? Bollocks! Not compared to how people matter. - Brassed Off (or Tubthumping, if you like)

Music matters because people matter.

Of course people > music, but music enriches everything about people - yourself as well as others.

It is because the stuff is so easily accessible that nobody really takes the time to fully digest whatever content it is that they choose to check out.

It is absolutely right when it comes to the majority of Sup Forums who are teenagers, and everything most teenagers do is for what guy in OP's pic says: both mental and physical wallpaper. Music (especially "obscure", non-mainstream music) is an image for these kids to portray to themselves and to others.

This gets old very fast, and is one of the reasons Sup Forums is kind of a shit board, but I guess these kiddos could be doing much worse things, right?

>Looking for meaning in anything
You all have a lot to learn in life and about life

>Music (especially "obscure", non-mainstream music) is an image for these kids to portray to themselves and to others.
I don't see whats wrong with that? You realize the biggest money maker right now is about super hero capeshit right?
kids need something to be hyped about thats how life works.

I wish all post-modernists and nihilists would drop their double standards and killed themselves already.

damn the cure and bob mareley how did people discover these underground artist before the internet

lol this.

rym shitters need to neck themselves

He's right, but there's nothing that can be done. The internet has gotten ridden of most barriers that "forced" people to connect with certain things like music but now the sky is literally the limit

So for better or worse nothing can be done, sure you have cancerous tumors that think they're unique for being american but listening to french folk but I imagine that it's unavoidable now

at least I assume most people are well aware of this at this point, his point was pretty straightforward until the end where he goes a bit autistic

I like The Cure a lot.

A Forest is top-tier tunnel core tbqh.

Seriously, if you haven't, next time you drive or take a train through a tunnel, stick that track on. It's great.

>Seriously, if you haven't, next time you drive or take a train through a tunnel, stick that track on. It's great.
holy shit i thought i was the only person who did this.

A-are you serious, user?

yeah m8

Wow. Cool.