My fist when plebeians claim that St. Anger is a bad album

>my fist when plebeians claim that St. Anger is a bad album

Unironically my favorite Metallica record. It sounds so different. And I fucking hate guitar solos and there are 0 so that's nice

Ride the Lightning will always be my favorite, but St. Anger and Lulu are the most interesting things they've done in decades and I genuinely love both. St. Anger has its problems (clumsy lyrics, songs longer than the band can really sustain), but it emits a sense of anger that is palpable and has some really solid, heavy riffs.

considering 93% of metal is fucking terrible that's statistically likely.

It is tho

St. Anger is the ultimate pleb filter.

true!

Just bought the Blackened Recordings reissue on CD yesterday

ur2slo

Saint Anger is objectively bad. Everyone on this board tries so hard to be a contrarian and it's really starting to wear on me.

>Inb4 people start believing this shit and it becomes Sup Forumscore

no one would claim it's perfect but it certainly does not deserve all the flak it's accumulated over the years. it has some really strong riffs and tremendous passion.

I've never truly understand why this album is supposed to be bad, can anyone explain me? No "first wave metallica" memers pls

I can see that, but to me it all seems executed very poorly.

the lyrics are awkward, the songs rarely justify their length, the drum tone sounds like a trash can, and there aren't any guitar solos. personally i don't care about the lack of solos and i think the drum tone fits the overall tone of the music, but those are the most common critiques of the album.

I like the drums and hate guitar solos

I don't consider it my favorite Metallica album, but it is a decent album. My main criticism is that the songs are too long, making them jump back-and-forth in the tone or be too repetitive. If they had constructed the songs with a shorter length, I think it would be a better album.

I found Hardwired...To Self-Destruct to be more disappointing.

What about the snare? Someone needs to kill Lars' snare.

if you're favorite album isn't either Master of Puppets, Ride The Lightning or And Justice For All, you can't be a Metallica fan

fuck you

>the lyrics are awkward, the songs rarely justify their length
These are the patrician criticisms
>the drum tone sounds like a trash can, and there aren't any guitar solos
These are the pleb criticisms

i like this album because it triggers those 'technique' dream theather metal fags.

St. Anger is a bad album
Just because it may have some composition you find interesting doesn't mean it goes together well and it certainly doesn't make the lyrics and drumming any better.

>these are the pleb criticisms
spot on.

Troll/10

It was their attempt to cash in on the nu-metal craze, which was still strong when the album was released. The anger and frustration may be genuine, as seen on the documentary Some Kind of Monster, but the actual music is horrible. It doesn't sound "garage", it sounds like badly produced nu-metal. The trashcan drums don't even keep the rhythm half the time and the automated double-kick drums are just ridiculous.

agree totally, i'm just explaining all the reasons why people disliked it.

But the drums do sound like a trash can. Plus Lars is a really bad drummer.

I don't like the album either, but if anyone likes it, so be it.

>and the automated double-kick drums are just ridiculous

Ridiculous why?

I'm could to literally poop into a microphone after slamming down a pound of sugarfree gummy bears followed by a prune juice cocktail laced with laxatives and some of you fuckers would like it because "it sounds so different" - anyone who says it sounds like shit would be a pleb

good post, now end your life

no you

I don't like it because of hetfield tries to sing. He can't. It ruins the album. The thrash metal vox he did were fine, because that's not singing and it fit the music. Also, the whole album sounds too "forced". Like old guys doing their best to be 'heavy' and not sound like Load/ReLoad. It's as if they heard the criticism from those albums and tried hard to be old metallica again, failing miserably. St anger is the lowest point in their whole catalog. The new album was surprisingly good, by comparison.

INVISIBLE KID DOESNT KNOW WHAT HEDID