Is the concept of a "movie star" finally dead?

Is the concept of a "movie star" finally dead?

Are there any names left that can guarantee box office success just by showing up onscreen?

None of them are jewish, checkmate.

Not with Tom Cruise still around.

Or Based Leo.

Yes.

JUSTice League

I was going to make a similar topic. I think the concept of movies being big news is over. I'm probably a million years late in realising this but it hit home a lot lately because a lot of movies are crap.

I think movies are like vidya now in that everything has to be safe as hell massive blockbusters or tiny low budget stuff. Everything in the middle gets crushed financially

>both anti-Trump leftist cucks

Meme magic is real

Leo, The Rock, Matt Damon and Mark Wahlberg (maybe)

Tom Cruise

this
also give me good cruise movies, just watched Top Gun and Oblivion

These guys are old and busted.
I'm old and I don't care about actors or actresses, and I'm sure young people don't give a shit, either.
Hollywood knows the good times are over, and they are cannibalizing their talent to make dumber movies.
The only actress I've followed over the course of their career is eva green, who's def not part of the hollywood establishment.

otm shank

The Rock, Matt Damon and Wahlberg have made plenty of stinkers.

Leo and Cruise only shit gold.

Jack Reacher, Edge of Tomorrow

Collateral
Reacher

reacher it is, thank you

>leave box office kino to me

The idea of studios having an array of bankable movie stars that you can just sort of insert into anything to boost it's domestic BO by +20% is dead.

However now you have a different concept in people like The Rock who essentially are their own self-marketed hype generator that can get projects made, and make those projects successful.

Shivering isles

Literally not new.

That's just movie star playing producer.

The need for movie stars ended sometime after 2001 when studios realized that franchises don't need A-listers to be successful at the box office

MAAATTT DAMON

It's strange that Clooney and Depp have been in Hollywood for like 30 years.

It seems like Hollywood won't let any newcomers in even Bradley is in his 40s now

who are the biggest flops in 2016?

>George Clooney insults Trump and endorses Clinton
>flops miserably and nobody takes him seriously anymore
>Johnny Depp makes fun of Trump in a parody
>gets the dogs of his girlfriend almost killed, has to apologize on national tv, girlfriend leaves him and takes his money, his career slowly dying and his face getting fatter and wrinklier

all is good eh
2016 has been best year so far

Doesn't Leo still generate a pull? Maybe the guys in the OP are just out of touch now.

oh already said it

Leo picks good projects and only does 1 movie per year

In the past but the Rock has been in nothing but hits the last five years or so

More like he's good at smelling for intellectual directors and blowing them for a role

Pretty much everyone's eyes are asymmetrical.

speak for yourself Gosling

Gal Gadot is the Queen of the flops In 2016

Why you didn't included BvS box-office?

Because it made about a billion dollars.

>Gal Gadot is the Queen of the flops

Not here, she makes my dick diamond.

That was a rhetorical question

>I think the concept of movies being big news is over.

yeah just like this time 2009

Here, just for you.

#TrumpCurse

Pic related is also missing Grimsby which had a gag about giving Trump AIDS and proceeded to fucking bomb.

Cher said Trump made her feel like blowing her brains out. She might be next.

how will johnny depp look in the new pirates of the caribbean movie? Surely it will be noticeable?