Perfection

I just saw "jiro Dreams of Sushi" and im amazed of how the film shows the perfection at work. I would like to see some similar films, what do you reccomend me?

wtf i hate sushi now

So you want more documentaries with gooks in them?

Watch Empire of Dust

Not necessarily, but people trying to get perfection or films that are perfectionist-related, showing this level of detail.

Fun fact: Jiro dreams of sushi is actually about how Jiro and the traditional Japanese culture he represents are fake and useless and how it was his son who made the restaurant the great success that it is.

Whiplash
Every Kung Fu movie ever
Hugo

i love this meme

Autistic as fuck.

If my old man ever said anything like this around me I'd kill him in his sleep.

This desu.

It was also all good camera work to make Jiro's shit appealing.

His hard working son is the true hero.

You can notice this when the other son got the fuck away from the old man and decided to run his own shushi restaurant.

>Whiplash

If you're going to rec this, you might as we rec Rocky or some other subpar sports flick. Not in one single moment in the whole film do they talk about music at all or even what makes good drumming. It's a sports flick that treats its craft with more superficiality than wikipedia.

yeep is true the photography in this film make everyhing looks quite deep

Jiro Nightmares of Anal Rape

I think this is taking it too far, but I do think the movie does a good job of questioning what that 'perfection' is worth in the larger scheme of things. Jiro comes across as a kind of sushi genius, but also an egotistical, unfeeling man with little regard for the pain he is causing others.

>I'd kill him in his sleep.
If you were my son I'd slap your shit on a daily basis. Can't even kill your own father without stabbing him in the back while he sleeps.
Pussy ass faggot.

t. basement dwelling failure

yes, Jiro was the typical pseudo-fascist asshole, but even though this, some parts of the movie are interesting to show how to look for perfection

>ITT: unaccomplished young adults whose only talent is shitposting

It's not about the music though, that's clear from the film. The director also said you could insert any activity in there and it would be the same movie. It's a character study that happens to take place in a music school, not a film about jazz that happens to have some character development.

It was extremely clear Jiro was a massive cunt with an ego through the roof and that the real workhorse of the place was his eldest son.

Yes, and the answer Jiro gives (and which comes across from his life) is to focus on one thing and one thing only, disregarding anything/anyone else around you. Which some people may be able to handle, others not so much, for various reasons.

That's the whole point though. If the craft is unimportant for the plot then it has nothing to do with perfectionism. If anything, Whiplash is about competition, not perfection.

I see what you mean, but then again I'm not sure how the film would convey the idea of 'good drumming practice'. The way i thought about it is that the craft is not important for the plot, but it is for the characters within the movie. As in, they already know the craft or what the want out of it, so the movie skips that part and focuses on the perfectionism plot. But i understand where you're coming from.

Like any intelligent, forward thinking citizens of the 21st century, my wife and I are feminists. And like any feminists we were shocked and disgusted by this movie.

Both the main character (Jiro) AND the narrator are male! If alarms aren't going off in your head so far you're probably a bigot. Things became more and more repulsive as the movie played on. All of the supporting characters are male! And even worse, almost every single character in the movie is male!

I don't care if this is a documentary. My wife left the room in tears at the end of the first hour during a particularly sickening scene where Jiro serves a room full of customers. He says (not an exact quote) "I made the meals smaller for the women and larger for the men so that everyone would finish at the same time." Things like this would be expected in a film about Adolf Hitler or Winston Churchill (both disgusting sexist pigs)but in a movie about food it was just chilling. And that wasn't even the worst part! The women in the room appeared (probably special effects or movie magic of some type) TO APPROVE OF THIS. Can you believe that?

My wife won't talk about it and I'm not sure I could if I wanted to. I finished the movie with tears in my bloodshot eyes. I can't believe we've advanced so far as a society and women are still seen as being gutter scum.

Anyone forward thinking enough to simply be on the internet, to find this movie, to read this review, will be disgusted by the brutally sexist assault on your senses and common decency this movie has gotten away with.