CRASHING THIS PLANE

>Rumor: Christopher Nolan Will Crash $5 Million WWII Plane For ‘Dunkirk’ Sequence

>According to Indie Revolver (grain of salt, as always), Warner Bros. has paid out $5 million bucks for a vintage WWII plane, possibly one that once belonged to the German Luftwaffe, and it will be tricked out with IMAX cameras, and used in a number of sequences. And then when that’s all done, they’re going to crash it, in what I’m sure will be some kind of spectacular glory.

theplaylist.net/rumor-christopher-nolan-will-crash-5-million-wwii-plane-dunkirk-imax-sequence-20160607/

BRAVO NOLAN
R
A
V
O

NOLAN

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=clndZD_beQA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nolan is a hack

Why not just build a fucking replica?

COS REAL

COS SPEKTIKAL

COS COMPLETE HACK

We can't keep letting him get away with crashing planes

Will there be someone in the wreckage?

He's trying to outdo Uno Farto smashing that guitar in Hateful Eight

OF COURSH!

Would cost more than $5 million

not that tricking out the old plane with imax cameras wont cost even more than $5 mil

>Would cost more than $5 million

That sounds like complete bullshit.

thread theme

youtube.com/watch?v=clndZD_beQA

Only a small number of Luftwaffe planes survived WWII and most are in Air Museums.

LE OVERRATED DIRECTOR MAN

That would be too sensible for the kikes in Hollywood.

And it will still look awful and awkward. Even with all your fancy practical effects, you can't make up for weak direction mate.

>Miraculous evacuation of Allied soldiers from Belgium, Britain and France, who were cut off and surrounded by the German army from the beaches and harbor of Dunkirk, France, between May 27- June 04, 1940, during Battle of France in Word War II.
>Word War II
DROPPED. Fuck WW2. Nobody cares.There's been millions of wars throughout history and they pick the one that's been ovened to death.

Nolan isn't one of your casual hack directors like most of hollywood. He doesn't do reshoots, he doesn't waste time on 'natural' dialogue, and he doesn't pussy-foot around with props

When Nolan makes something, he uses his authentic blood,sweat and tears. So he's damn well gonna use authentic valuable props from museums. Cause even when we, the viewer, can't tell the difference - he would know and his artwork would be diminished.
Did you know that, when Bane answered that the fire rises, Nolan actually had a small bonfire off-screen that was lit at that exact moment that Hardy was staring at. It had to be real. And that's why it feels so real when you watch it.

>destroying a rare piece of history for a shitty Hollywood summer blockbuster

I refuse to believe they're this dumb

>but what is history, but a real life blockbuster?

So what. A b2 spirit stealth bomber costs $737 million dollars. What's 5 mil

>Miraculous evacuation

yeah so miraculous that they were allowed to retreat.

>Wah why do people focus so much on a conflict that shaped how the world has worked ever since

It has always been referred to as 'miraculous'. Hitler had the Brits dead to rights before they reached the coast but changed his battle plans at the last minute and let them through, either by accident or design.

don't forget the based French.

>lthough completely cut off, the French fought on for four days under General Molinié, thereby keeping seven German divisions from the assault on Dunkirk and saving an estimated 100,000 Allied troops.

Some of the Frenchies were super badass. They didn't all surrender at the drop of a hat.

A grand majority of the French fought valiantly given the circumstances. It was French command that truly fucked them during the invasion.

Wants to rub it in the face of German vets.

>the pervasive French stereotype is that they surrender easily

>my country literally surrendered 5 days after being attacked
>nobody ever heard of Dutch surrender monkeys

then again, we had and still have a meme army

suuuure, frenchie

warner bros has $5m to toss around after their 2015 and 2016 fuck ups?

wouldn't it be less expensive, easier, and less of an obscene destruction of a priceless historical artifact to just build a really good prop plane

the local german commander gave the order actually. Hitler just approved it.

My bad. Should have just said Germans.

France has one of the best W/L ratios in all of europe, they got steamrolled in WWII due to weak leadership and a flawed defensive strategy that like a lot of things in WWII was an antiquated strategy that couldn't deal with the advances in technology and tactics (like battleships).

That's cool. He's also using real battle ships that I believe were at the actual site or at least were around then.

I don't get it.
Why are they making a movie about a retreat? It's not even a retreat under fire, it's just four days where the Germans didn't attack and let the expeditionary force leave on whatever boats could be found.

If you wanted an unknown WWII battle that took place on the beaches, why not just make a good Anzio movie, or maybe one about the Greeks and the expedition sent there?

This seems like a marketing gimmick.

>Would cost more than $5 million

No, it literally wouldn't

>thinking a jewish dominated industry would be sentimental about german stuff from ww2

Reminds me of that bones episode where robert picardo collects hilter paintings and burns them

On My Command

"Plane Crash"

Where's THAT fucking movie?

No, you fucking dickhead. It would not. Literally the only reason this plane is $5 million is because of its history.

That's fucked up. Insult people all you want, but don't destroy a piece of history just for your fucking film. If this were 70 years ago, ok cool, destroy one of you enemy's planes woohoo the war is over. But this is just wrong.

THE BIGGEST THE SILENT ERA IN TRUTH

Who cares. It's going to be another soulless Nolan film.

Those cardboard cutouts are just stand-ins for the CGI right? R-right?

tryhard faggot

>but it's a german plane so it doesn't matter

Really makes you think...

k, keep me posted

what a faggot