Discuss

discuss

you first, phoneposter

It's pretty great. I'm sure the fan base will soon be annoying as fuck though.

Does he not have fangs?

It's something to watch waiting for the Walking Dead to come back on.

Same house style as every AMC show since Walking Dead. Just like those it's both not awful and not amazing.

>I'm sure the fan base will soon be annoying as fuck though.

I've already seen autists complaining because Jesse doesn't have a mullet.

walking dead is pretty awful.

this is good so far. but as more people will watch it, it will decay.

Ive been kind of surprised by the fight choreography. I expected a Bourne-style quick cut fest, but its been pretty well done so far, especially when Cassidy is involved

They were bitching how there would be no Saint of Killers and they've already been proven wrong.

If they cut the god stuff out and its ayy lmaos that's pretty fucking dumb.

I can get past all my hang ups and enjoy it for what it is but I Hate evrything about Tulip O'Hare, hate every scene she's in. The accent especially.

I'm only about half an hour in but it looks like they've just taken a load of characters from the comic and aren't really going for a straight adaption.

See how it goes I suppose.

Casual spotted

I never even considered that they might go the ayy lmaos route but I already hate that idea so much.

Fuck you Ruth Negga is sexy as hell

I'm a comicfag, so I hated the first episode and what they changed. But with how well this second episode was, I've warmed up to the idea of having a slightly different storyline.

There is far more pointing the in direction of the religious and supernatural than aliens

>There are people on this board that think this is a mullet

It's pretty good so far, different from the comic but has enough of the sense of humour and weirdness to keep it fun.

Idk, after that user brought it up I thought about it and they could easily spin the dudes coming back as "regeneration" and Genesis as an alien experiment. Even Cassidy could be written off as alien in some way.

The whole anti-god sentiment might be too much for tv as well.

I'm excited for Fat, imbred, retarded Jesus descendants. Herr Starr is a fucking role model. Saint of Killers kills God. Good story for the family.

So far I see nothing wrong with this show other than the Tulip making an RPG out of tin cans, duct tape and moonshine

That's bullshit. Deblanc and Fiore are angels, cassidy is a vampire and Tulip and Jesse were criminals ( car thieves) the only thing that might change is the car thief thing.

It's already an explicitly religious story. If they were going to make it aliens rather than God why even have Jesse be a preacher? Also the whole anti-Christianity angle isn't that edgy anymore. One Million Moms isn't picketing Marilyn Manson shows anymore, no one cares.

The descendant of Jesus wasn't fat. He was a scrawny retard. The all father was the fat guy

It's fucking awesome, one of the best comics I ever read. I recommend this story to everybody.

>DUDE BLASPHEMY LMAO

>2 dollar slurpee

I'm just pissed Sherif Root hasn't said "martian niggers" yet

That's what I'm hoping for, not because annoying fanbases are good in themselves, but because it indicates success and that will mean my original single-issues might be worth a bit.

So i watched episode 1, i've not read the comics...

he's basically The Purple Man, right?

Why do people keep saying this like it's even possible?

>genesis skipping through various religious figures
>jesse's whole struggle with faith being played out on-screen instead of related through dialogue and semi-flashback

There's literally nothing to even hint at them dropping the God angle for aliums.

That's his power, he's the protagonist though.

my bad, its been at least 10 years since I read them.

Yeah it's a pretty dumb theory, not to mention The Saint of Killers in the latest ep.

A demon and angel fuck. They produce something original that wasnt supposed to happen. That lil shit escapes heaven and possesses Jessie giving him a voice of God type deal.

The Jew Angels send the Saint of Killers to kill Jessie.

Gilgun is 11/10 cast for this

So Jesse was a criminal and then one day he woke up and decided to be a preacher? Do they explain that in any more detail? Seems like a lousy preacher drinking away all those Sunday donations in the local bar

>So Jesse was a criminal and then one day he woke up and decided to be a preacher?

He was raised to be a preacher by his grandmother for reasons I don't quite recall, his grandmother was the head of this fucked-up old Southern family and for whatever reason they needed him to be a preacher. The family has two fucked-up hillbilly retainers, Jody and T.C., who kill his father at the behest of the grandmother. Every time kid-Jesse defies the grandmother, they lock him in a coffin with an air-tube and dump the coffin in a creek for a week or two until he obeys them. The only thing that keeps him sane when they do this is a spirit-figure resembling John Wayne, whose movies he used to watch with his Dad and who only appears after his Dad is killed. He rebels and runs away, but goes back to them for reasons I again don't recall (I think it's been like 12 years since I read them, I picked the series up about half-way through its original run) and winds up being a preacher in shitty old Annville.

If all I had to do was look at her.shitty choice. I love you

[in the comics] He was forced into it by his mothers family. It looks like there's elements of that retained based on what I've seen in the first episode but there's also contradictions to how that story played out, so we'll have to wait and see.

Family tradition

>AMC
do you enjoy your plate of shit?

It's actually good, and I fucking hate weedman

Arseface looks fucking awful.

I don't buy that they'll go all in on "God is a huge fucking evil asshole and then we kill him the end" shit.

Not even Supernatural pulled that, they left God a lazy, dorky, friendly, well-intentioned prick

>I don't buy that they'll go all in on "God is a huge fucking evil asshole and then we kill him the end" shit.

I'm not sure I buy it, either. On the other hand, I'm not sure I give a fuck.

Just watched two episodes yesterday and today I read the whole comic to understand better the whole thing and I can say the show is shit.

Honestly I cant understand the critic praise over this adaptation: the comic is far better, the style is not great but OK and narrative is straight forward, characters are well defined

TV show feels like a mess, two episodes and still no clue where is going, characters are like poor´s man caricatures of the originals and the style feels like a poor imitation of the cohen´s film. The changes feels really out of place. Why? Is not like they are doing changes to adapt it to a new medium since the original comic can be easily adapted since is even more realistic than the show, but now I feel the changes compromise future archs.

Not even a book/comic fag, but I hope this get cancelled for good.

Holy shit, that's a lot of typing to say absolutely nothing at all of substance.

Show was fucking terrible.
Dominic Cooper can't do accents to save his life, it sounds like he's mocking the accent, instead of sounding like he has the accent.
The dialogue is cringy as fuck. I would not be surprised to find out it was written by a 15 year old.
Acting is generally pretty bad, seeing as the kid who literally has an asshole for a face gave the best performance.
Asshole face and crazy Irish dude are the only characters that are even slightly interesting.

2/10

>The dialogue is cringy as fuck

THIS!! the dialogue is terrible! fucking terrible!

>muh literal interpretation wish meme
Fuck, I loath this trope.

I'm 40 minutes into the pilot and loving it. I read Preacher maybe ten years ago and bought all the trades because i wanted to share it with people. I thought I wanted a straight adaptation but this has been really entertaining so far, and I like that I know the characters but have no clue where the story is going.

He runs away and some time after is when the wild years with Tulip and others start up. Eventually Jody and TC track him down, and after he's hauled back is when he becomes a Preacher.

>Bad adaptation.
>Nice fight sequences
>Awful script
>Cardbox characters
>Convulted plot
>Terrible Tulip

I give it 1 or 2 seasons. It will die slowly and painful

>that last 10 volume snooze fest