If you expected a Clint Eastwood type of song, then it's your fucking fault

If you expected a Clint Eastwood type of song, then it's your fucking fault.
This song and it's message is actually really fucking good.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wKrSYgirAhc
pitchfork.com/news/71106-here-is-father-john-mistys-incredibly-long-incredibly-awesome-explanation-of-what-his-new-album-is-about/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it took me one replay to fall in love with this song. it's clever, and anyone who says otherwise is a cunt. it was a political statement, through and through. it has no real bearing on what will become of the album proper.

objectively true

Yeah this is fantastic. Awesome performance from Clementine all around. Those choral vocals combined with the drum machines and the fucking rainbow/bird chirping/blue sky imagery in the video is so sinister... only misstep is spongebob. Fucking why?

i wish i was 15 to enjoy this like you guys do

> [moans softly while Left Hand Suzuki Method plays on repeat]

Someone in another thread said that the scene is SB's reaction when Mr. Krabs tells him he's fired.

Ohhhh shit that makes sense

what's the message? Sorry, I don't understand it

HALLELUYAH MONAY

I kinda see it as preparing for Trump (?)
since we're not really sure if he will be a good or a bad president.

uh what? 15 year olds are gona be the ones to go for clint eastwood/ feel good inc. etc. this song is so far from what the average 15 year old listens to its not even funny. but go ahead keep posting shit opinions on this board =)

It's that we've created a society where anything and everything can be bought, and then let a very small number of people get all the money, and now we have to live with what that allowed to happen.

Clem plays Trump addressing the people, Albarn in the bg is the american citizen. Listen to the words.

Song by itself is shit
The message is non-sincere garbage.

This is the 5th thread this week you've posted, fuck off.

The song is shit, I enjoy all of their albums minus The Fall and it sucked.
Also,
>spoiled rich people complaining about uncertainty and wealthier people running politics now despite the fact that rich people always ran politics
>Its only okay when rich people who believe in my personal views make decisions.
The entire song is completely hypocritical and was only made to gather attention from angered left leaning people and draw attention to the new album coming out, for that reason alone I'm pirating the new album instead of buying the vinyl like I was planning to do. Fuck them, I don't care if they write political oriented music but at least they can not sell out to the crazed mobs of radicals to sell more albums.

Why did they just use the preset on the roland drum machine they just bought at the store? Shouldn't they have actually put some time into making this song?

I agree with the sentiment, and his voice is amazing, but the song sucks. The poetry is trite and the arrangement is paper thin.

Luckily this is just a one-off protest song. Hopefully the new album will not be an anti-Trump circle jerk. I say this even as someone who did not vote for Trump.

why aren't wealthy people allowed to weigh in on politics concerning economic disparity?

does it ever occur to you that people like damon albarn actually contribute to charity?

Good post.

What I buy will depend upon the album it's self. Are we getting Plastic Beach tier or The Fall tier album? Gotta wait and see.

I don't think they were really 'selling out'... they were always political. This was just too ham fisted and half assed... probably because they rushed it to release it for the inauguration.

>why aren't wealthy people allowed to weigh in on politics concerning economic disparity?
Like I said he can make an album about global warming for all I care, what I do care about is him using a vulnerable subject and making a half baked single to reel idiots into buying the new album which will be coming out soon and for that I won't support Albarn being a kike.
>does it ever occur to you that people like damon albarn actually contribute to charity?
How is his philanthropy an argument? It doesn't change the fact that he uses a divided social situation to profit, its fucking revolting.

economic disparity is a constant, user. if you had your way, nobody would have been able to talk about it at any point in human history.

>vulnerable subject
you could say that about literally anything to prove your point, even if you don't mean it. you're worthless to argue against.

>economic disparity is a constant, user. if you had your way, nobody would have been able to talk about it at any point in human history.
Like I said, its not about the content its about the timing. Albarn and his producers timed it to an important event that has a lot of reactionaries up in arms and so they could attract people to buy into the brand of "Gorillaz" and their next album, therefore the message is not sincere as you make it appear to be and I believe in all sincerity that he barely gives a shit and just wants to make money off of stupid retarded reactionaries who are still fuming over the current uncertainty looming in the air.
Also your entire posts have been ad hominem that don't even address my posts and my statements accurately and then you claim "I'm worthless to argue against." Nice middle school tier schoolyard debate skills pal.

Or maybe it's Albarn's actual opinion. I liked your initial post, but now you're just being retarded. Fuck off back to /pol, as you clearly aren't here for music discussion.

And yet again you dismiss the argument of how the "opinion" is communicated.
Talk shit get hit faggot, if you wanted to talk about the song then talk about why the song is or isn't bad but don't blame me for your own inability to debate a message like a civil person.

Lol stay mad retard. If you really believe it only runs as deep as "uncertainty and wealthier people running politics" you're sorely mistaken.
Also "crazed mobs of radicals" is the fucking most hilarious thing I've ever read. Leave your bedroom every once in a while.

I'm You fucking retard. Discuss music or fuck off.

Everybody just chill, we are forgetting the true meaning of life: love Damon Albarn

It's just an ironic ode/hymn to material worship.
The lyrics say that "love is the root of all evil" ... the idea is that Clementine is a sort of preacher praising the power of money.

Albarn's part exists outside it - questioning what it means to value profit above all else.

The lyrics are a pinch too on point - but the song gets away with it because again, it's a sort of sardonic viewpoint.

Also the production is pretty awesome. Three beat changes, Clementine, Albarn, and a gospel choir all in one track.

it's a nice track, i liked both vocals and production

what a qt

idk about you guys but i've had it on repeat when it came out. It grew on me quite a lot and i really really liked the haunting background chant of "hallelujah money".

I didn't have a problem with the time signature desu and found the song really melodious.

But I can see why people dislike it. Although I genuinely feel that the song /does/ have a rythm to it if you listen to it properly instead of just expecting it to be as straightforward as feelgoodinc.

about the politicization, who cares. just enjoy the song. not the first time they've been political in their tracks right?

I dig it OP.

>slam poetry the song
>why can't everyone just be nice? :( the song

Yeah just incredible

I actually thought the music itself was pretty creative and refreshing.

Fucking kek at anybody who thinks the "lol Drumpf suckz XDDD" message was "good".

Damon what has happened lad. demon days was f'ing EPIC bro......i mean u still cool but ....

Check'd and disagree.
Really think this is just a quirky song that doesn't sound completely right. Just don't see the harmony here

>Video got hidden due to thebad feedback

Funny. Just few days or-so ago Trent said this

>But what has crept in is that everyone’s a commentator now. The internet is giving voice to everybody thinking that someone gives a shit what they have to say and they have the right. I think, in general, that has created a toxic environment for artists and led to some very safe music.”

>He goes to lament artists who, he says, “are trying to make music to please the tastemakers that tell the sheep what to like.”

>“I don’t see any Princes emerging on the scene today,” he continues. “I see a lot of people making formulaic, made-to-please, vegan restaurant patron-type shit. And I think it creates an environment where people are too fuckin’ worried about what other people have to say. And people who have never made anything think it’s OK to talk shit about stuff they have no right to talk about. You got a Facebook account? Nobody gives a fuck. You haven’t achieved anything.”
How funny. Godzillas released something that was slightly less accessible and required more listens to get both in what it tried to say and getting used to its sound.

Yet my respect for Godzillas ends there since they have hidden the video.

You convince me senpai

>im mad im gonna pirate the album

xd

The song is very boring and forgettable.
The "political message" seems haphazard and forced.

Father john mistys political trump election inspired song is much better

youtube.com/watch?v=wKrSYgirAhc

>Anti trump sentiment
>Quirky song

Wow so progressive

>They worship themselves
>But they're obsessed with muh zombies muh text

Lmao he's describing islam and the left

He actually does get why people voted for trump unlike most musicians, he also said the album is about not getting eaten by bears

pitchfork.com/news/71106-here-is-father-john-mistys-incredibly-long-incredibly-awesome-explanation-of-what-his-new-album-is-about/

I know everyone doesn’t feel the same about what’s going on right now. What for some is clearly garden-variety violent white nationalism serving as a catch-all for any number of paranoia-induced anti-fantasies foisted upon the poor and uneducated precisely by the ideologues bent on manufacturing voters who can be manipulated into voting against their own interests by making good and sure they remain poor and uneducated before cravenly blaming their problems largely on people bearing distinctions like race, gender, and sexuality so people forget everything that’s good about the American experiment, is to others an opportunity to wrench the country back from the influence of hypocritical corporate tyrants bent on enslaving our minds with spineless liberal rhetoric in order to justify wiping out the jobs of decent people so they can fulfill their fey utopian dream of an impossible global community designed to profit only its architects (probably Banking Consortiums, pedophile rings, and definitely The Illuminati).

This album does not espouse either of those views.

Both of those views take for granted a certain degree of sophistication, or at least a knack for cooperation, that I’m absolutely convinced humans do not possess; not to mention some kind of innate logic to the proceedings here on Earth – which make a much better case for being some kind of demented joke than anything else.

The terrifying reality concerning the dilemma above is everything is chaos and no one is really in control of anyone or anything.

It has barely anything to do with Trump, it's about worship of material goods. Granted, this can be applied to Trump, but that's you doing that.

>gorillaz
>good

No matter what you do, youre alwasy going to piss someone off, espically in this age.
So the best thing to do if you are an artist, is to do what you want.
Great art isnt meant to please an elite, i mean the right wing or left wing, and especially the center, centerists are cowards who maintain the status qou.
An artist is meant to piss people off.

A lot of dead kennedys songs are actually making fun of liberals, like holiday in Cambodia and California Über Alles.
But then you have stuff like kill the poor and police truck thats making fun of the right wing.

Basically a real arteest doesnt get intimidated into changing their art to please people.

what did albarn mean by this?

DK were leftists and leftists hate liberals. They view them as being overly centrist babies who don't know what they're talking about or the conditions of those who they claim they care about.

>Literally mentions "MUH WALLS, MUHFUGGUH"

>Released day before inauguration

Yeah it's not about Trump at all

>no u

>excusing poor songwriting because "muh message"

lol fuck outta here normie

>your fucking fault
Youre acting like im sad about not liking generic alt pop from a band already widely regarded as redditcore

I didnt know it was possible to do anohni worse than anohni...

hes describing humans you fucking retard, did you listen to the rest of the song

what

It smells like reddit in here

Triggered "avant"-teen

^ 16 y/o user

Can't argue with trips

>expecting harmony

Pleb

This song was so uninspired. The entire sound is played out at this point. Granted one shouldn't listen to Gorillaz for innovation, but it still sounds so bland at this point.

LMAO
OP is 15

This applies to anyone who likes Gorillaz

What is its message exactly?

>FUCK TRUMP AND FUCK WHITE PEOPLE
>but in a slow, droning voice with uninteresting musical accompaniment
hmm

>WAAAH WAAAH SUCCESSFUL MUSICIANS CAN'T COMPLAIN ABOUT INCOME INEQUALITY BECAUSE THEY ARE WEALTHY WAAAH WAAAH

You do realize there's a fucking difference between Damon Albarn making a couple million off of his music and the government making BILLIONS off of fucking poor people over, right?

Christ you're retarded

Nobody ever says "You know what, your menial, unremarkable, and meaningless existence marked by a complete dearth of individual accomplishment is shit, you are living a shit-life."
It took me about 2 minute to make this. People spend their entire lives making a "shit-life" for themselves. A few of us don't have the airs of some douchebag and can find things like this humorous.

Honestly, all I do is "shitpost". This is because I find it humorous. My posts are my sense of humor, and sadly this does not happen to be the same humor as the people of "reddit" who think just today that a shitty pun on the on the word Pi is the "funniest joke" but the majority of people happened to downvote my joke because it was an allegory about the tolerance of muslims and the foolishness of liberalism and "humanism", which contradict the opinions of the mainstream community here. Remind these people that they spend hours a day having their individuality chiseled into something that is no longer unique by the default subs of this website, this website being a literal example of a fascist fabrication factory, where any opinion, picture, or even joke that is not supported by the majority of the population is treated the same way as an opinion, picture, or joke that is supported by 0% of the community. This place is run by a one-party system because any minority opinion is treated the same as an opinion that nobody has, effectively silencing any party that is not the majority "ruling" party. Hell, post this comment every time after you type /r/shitpost , because it would probably piss of the plebs and the idiots that waste their time here. I just come here to make shitty jokes, because I'm a shitty person, and sometimes I come here just to blatantly be a shitty person, where only a vicious cynic could find me humorous. Cheers.

>it's a "Sup Forums can't comprehend anything that's not 4/4" episode

Stop complaining and study some basic music theory instead.

Walls are a common metaphor for isolation, just using the word wall doesn't make it about trump.