Explain this. How does Varg of all people say that his biggest influence was EDM...

Explain this. How does Varg of all people say that his biggest influence was EDM? It's literally just formulaic manufactured corporate pop shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HAIDqt2aUek
rateyourmusic.com/genre/Electronic Dance Music/
youtube.com/watch?v=qge9JJwq8IQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

and dont forget heavily influenced by blacks

someone tell Sup Forums this

where does he say he likes edm??
i dont see it

>underground white labels
>formulaic manufactured corporate EDM
stop

what do you think techno/house is?
youtube.com/watch?v=HAIDqt2aUek

Not just any blacks.
Black gays.
Like the ouroboros, the cycle of bm has complete

>/bleep/er tries to explain how his favorite EDM is somehow different from other EDM despite the fact that it's all the same non-musical shit
stop

>what do you think techno/house is?
art music

hahahahaha
It's not art and it's not fuck. It's POPULAR music. And some of the most generic and derivative at that. It's all peddled by corporate pigs.

not edm

>non-musical

Americans really are the dumbest cunts on the planet.

"formulaic manufactured corporate pop shit"

think before you post this embarrassing shit

How do white labels released by anonymous producers get paddled by corporate pigs?

>not edm
Are you fucking retarded bro?

And yet euros invented EDM. Brits "dubstep", French birthed Daft Punk who started the whole thing, Sweden "house music".

It's true. Get over it.

Anonymous is just a marketing gimmick. Same with all those people with stupid names or masks on stage. It's all carefully calculated by record company executives. It's pure manufactured product for the dumb masses to "pop molly to".

>calls something embarrassing
>listens to EDM

What did he mean by this?

based varg delivering yet another btfo to Sup Forumsacks and stormfags >:)

Americans invented EDM with Detroit techno and Chicago house.

i have never read so much shit in a single psot

Didn't realize that dub techno was "EDM" now...

That he wasn't pleb enough to listen to rock/metal.

i thought 'EDM' was an umbrella term like how 'Rock music' is

If not, it is now.

No, never was.

>i thought 'EDM' was an umbrella term like how 'Rock music' is
How could that be possible when 'EDM' is a marketing term that mostly describes brostep, "trap," and big-room progressive house that is most commonly associated with venues like Tomorrowland or the Electric Daisy Carnival and leaves out a good 30 - 40 years of dance music history in the realm of house, techno, breakbeat, jungle, garage, grime, dubstep (English Croydon dubstep, not American brostep), and juke/footwork styles, just to name a few.

wasn't fucking EDM back then, fucktard. God you must enjoy being retarded. You obviously know nothing about 802/90s Electronic Music (((((((for (you) note the lack of Dance))))))))

even dance music of the 80s and 90s (and 00s and 10s, in the underground scene) are nothing like the idea of "EDM" as most Americans know it.

t. varg

>"white label"
Aphex did it better with his newest EP

Varg is based

formulaic and manufactured for sure

OP you are retarded

House and techno no.
EDM yes

how so?

making black metal is very easy

t. someone who makes black metal

wow autismo

>implying that's false
t. pardner

Underground dance music such as house and techno has very different origin and purpose compared to what Americans have coined "EDM". Do you homework kid.

I think a lot of people consider those things EDM. this whole thread is about people being upset about the usage of the term EDM. so it's just a /bleep/ thread basically

rateyourmusic.com/genre/Electronic Dance Music/
>subgenres:
>Breakbeat
>Broken Beat
>Bubblegum Bass
>Coupé-Décalé
>Digital Cumbia
>Drum and Bass
>Dubstep
>EBM
>Electro
>Electroclash
>Electro-Disco
>Electro latino
>Electro Swing
>Eurodance
>Freestyle
>Funk carioca
>Funktronica
>Hardcore [EDM]
>House
>Kuduro
>Mahraganat
>Makina
>Moombahton
>Romanian Dance-Pop
>Shangaan Electro
>Spacesynth
>Techno
>Tecnobrega
>Tecnorumba
>Trance
>Trap
>Tribal Guarachero
>UK Garage
>Wonky

In America yes, but not in the rest of the world. The moniker EDM is a very new one and was coined to refer to a very specific subset of music.

I don't know why this is so hard for you Americans to understand.

Acting like /bleep/ style underground dance music and Porter Robinson Monstercat whatever are equivalent is just ignorant.

I thought the phrase EDM had been around since the 80s...regardless why do YOU find it so hard to understand that we just use the term differently? What's the big semantic argument?

Because you don't seem to be able to distinguish big room shit from other forms. As if there was nothing more to the genre that the formualic drop oriented Tomorrowworld style.

that does not mean it's not formulaic and/or manufactured

Any examples you can point to that show that it is inherently formulaic and manufactured?

>Boards of Canada is listed as an example of EDM

Electronic dance music =/= EDM
Saying something is dance music doesn't mean it's fucking Electric Daisy Carnival pop a molly fist in the air neon wifebeater bro music.

do rockfags actually think techno/house = EDM?

smells like reddit 2me2bh.

>EDM isnt EDM

Stop dude, my sides are dying

"EDM" is a marketing term that mostly describes brostep, "trap," and big-room progressive house that is most commonly associated with venues like Tomorrowland or the Electric Daisy Carnival.

This leaves out a good 30 - 40 years of dance music history in the realm of house, techno, breakbeat, jungle, garage, grime, dubstep (English Croydon dubstep, not American brostep), or juke/footwork.

Do you really think they play Basic Channel and Moodymann at TommorowLand?

>inherently formulaic
It all centers around the "drop" and uses shitty DAW presets. Every track sounds exactly the same:
youtube.com/watch?v=qge9JJwq8IQ

>manufactured
Most of these DJs are all ghost produced and are industry plants which is why they blow up from seemingly out of nowhere.

mfw

K, but Boards of Canada isn't electronic dance music.

Yeah, true. I kind of read your post in a different way. Theres' really nothing dance or groove oriented about their music at all.

>Do you really think they play Basic Channel and Moodymann at TommorowLand?
Maybe not them in particular but the same sort of shit

Ffs underground techno and house is not the same shit as whatever normie bros listen to when they go to generic edm festival #324 in miami over spring break

Lol

>Guy complains that you're saying corporate big room house that's fucking shit is the same as literally everything under EDM
>Nuh uh, it's all the same, even obscure stuff sounds like shit
>Prove it
>Posts shitty generic big room house
Are you for real right now?

STOP
TAKING
WEAK
BAIT

Dj fuckhead