F is for family

is this the best animated series from this decade so far??

I liked it. A six episode season is fucking shit.

No, that's Bojack Horseman. This is King of the Hill with ebin adult content (he says swears! Really bad swears, too!)

Honestly I thought it was terrible. Super tryhard and every character is a stereotype that's been done 1000 times.

I liked it, it was above average for me in a genre that hasn't been impressive this decade.

I did like it better than Horseman

>every character is a stereotype that's been done 1000 times

BUT DUDE

THE WIFE

THE WIFE IS UNHAPPY

SHE'S UNHAPPY WITH THE DOMESTIC ROLE ASSIGNED TO HER BY SOCIETY

BUT

AT THE SAME TIME

AT THE SAME TIME, DUDE

SHE CAN'T ESCAPE THE SENSE OF DUTY IMPOSED ON HER BOTH BY SOCIETY AND BY THE LOVE SHE FEELS FOR HER CHILDREN AND HUSBAND

DUDE

I MEAN

IF YOU'VE SEEN THAT SHIT SOMEWHERE ELSE THEN FUCKIN HOOK ME UP BRO

THAT BLEW MY MIND

*cringe*

I know and that dad he thinks he has to "be tough" and "be a man" and he tells his sons that shit cause society and how he was raised but really deep down he has feelings and hates how his father raised him, literally no one has ever dealt with this conflict. Brave and original storytelling.

And don't even get me started on the highly original wimpy younger son and edgey older teenage son, they are truly ground breaking characters.

no. that's not archer

Archer would take it but it debuted in 2009. I mean I know that's kind of nitpicking but still.

Nah archer started strong then got less and less funny each season

Bojack is the best animated series currently. Its not an edgey tryhrad show like F is for family nor is the cast literally 100% stereotypes. The animal aspect adds a bit of humor but its not reddit and memey tier humor.

I really enjoy it, the father really resonates with me. Reminds me of my dad, except my dad held 3 jobs and was never fired.

Nope.

I like it, but it's not great. Hate the animation. But it still has a degree of comfy.

Bojack isn't that good, most of the jokes are total duds and the only reason you care about the plot is because it's just barely entertaining enough for you to watch it for 2 seasons.

it's good, but I like Bojack more

No, its ok, but not even close to the best original netflix animated series, Bojack Horseman

>another animated sitcom about a dysfunctional blue collar family is the best animated series of the decade so far

I hope not. It doesn't do anything particularly wrong but neither does it do anything particularly right that hasn't already been done to death by a dozen other shows.

I eat ass

That was a pretty decent closer for a series they did.

daughter a cute

Sounds like the Sopranos, which was also overrated garbage. Not an original thought to be found in the entire series, what a fucking shame.

Bojack Horseman

There's really nothing wrong with using common day archetypes for characters. These are just average people, what do you expect?

> Not an original thought to be found in the entire series, what a fucking shame.

And I'm sure you're a bastion of originality and not a complete mediocrity in all facets of life.

>what do you expect?
clever and original writing once in a while, and I literally NEVER see it

There's only so many ways to portray a modern family

>There's only so many ways to portray a modern family

Fuck no. It was okay at best. I like Bill Burr but that show had virtually no comedy or heart. It was the blandest piece of bland since bland came to Blandtown.

Where's my second season of the real best cartoon of thos decade?

Nope. Tried giving it a chance by watching the first two episodes but it was super bland and le edgy swearing every 2 seconds got annoying really fast. It will never come close to god-tier like King of the Hill.

I enjoyed it. Can't think of a better cartoon that began in this decade, but I haven't seen this Bojack thing everyone's raving about.

I gotta say, I expected better from Freckles though. There's something about a lot of comedians like Burr, the harder they try to be funny, the less funny they seem to be. I think Bill Burr's funniest bits have all been spontaneous. His stand up is great, although it resorts to a bit of pandering here and there sometimes, but it's his podcast and general banter that I love the most.

I think he was born to be a sports pundit and somehow missed his calling. Some of his sports analogies and similes are absolute genius. I don't even follow sports, let alone American sports, but I can listen to Bill Burr talk about anything, and sport brings out his passionate shit-talking side beautifully.

No not even close. But it's really good and a bit of a unique take on the formula. It's definitely great.

unironically the only correct answer. terrible shame more people don't know about it.

>2008
>this decade

You're objectively wrong, but I'll check it out anyway.

Yelling, the show.

Thanks for reminding me to post Bob's Burgers since it's appropriate for this thread

I still think BoJack Horseman is better, but F is probably funnier.

I don't know, I never laugh at BoJack.

It feels more like a drama with some light-hearted than an actual comedy.

I support it for Billy B mainly. Not the greatest, but I've seen worse.

Same here.

no BJ wins netflix animation all day every day

for something that feels like it was set up in 3 months it's pretty good, but i feel like it needed more polish to be A plus

yoooooooo gtfo BJ is the greatest

>muh 24 episode season