100m world record that wont be broken for ATLEAST 50 years

>100m world record that wont be broken for ATLEAST 50 years
>200m world record that wont be broken for ATLEAST 50 years
>Never even tried in either race

Just how badly did Bolt cuck the public by not ever trying?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=By1JQFxfLMM
youtube.com/watch?v=TLJ82k-aflc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He was fucking pissed yesterday. He was finally going to try and the rain slowed the entire race down

The entire olympics he was hinting about how it would be tough to break 19 but he was going to try.

He was incredibly pissed at the end of the 200m

Well.... He did try when he set those records.

>ywn see anyone break the 100m record in your lifetime

yeah, that was refreshing to see that Bolt. maybe he'll actually put in a lot of effort getting ready for his final World Championships next year.

and it's pretty obvious his 100m time is untouchable at this point, even to him, but i wonder why he thinks he has a chance at a sub-19.00 200m time

It's genius that he didn't go 100% so we'll never know how fast he REALLY was in his prime. It makes him that much more legendary.

He was only in full sprint for the first 70m of his 100m record. He was literally high stepping towards the end in victory.

This

Just like MJ retiring in 93', Tyson losing D'Amato, we never got to see him go full rape mode and power through a whole race instead of the last 30m.

That's scary to think about. He still set what appears for the time being to be an untouchable world record EVEN while letting up to celebrate his win coming down the home stretch of the race...the man is a freak of nature.

He always slows down when he sees he is ahead

nobody likes a tryhard user

is he just that nice of a guy? he slows down because he doesn't want to btfo his competitors more than he's already btfo them?

>the 2008 olympics where he actually slowed down due to his lead and still broke the world record
the dude is a monster, he could have made it even more untouchable but he wanted future generations to have a chance

I think he is afraid of ruining his knees by going too far, given his height

I really would have liked to see him have a go at the 400. I don't think he ever decelerates in the 200 except to celebrate.

More so he doesn't feel its necessary to exert more energy if its already over.

That became evident when he said De Grasse was pushing him in a semis race and he felt it was unnecessary to do so since they both already qualified and he was in clear shot for first

you're thinking of his 2008 Beijing 100m (also a WR but not the current WR)

for his 9.58 WR he was full speed until maybe the last few steps

youtube.com/watch?v=By1JQFxfLMM

no on bbc, he said he was too old and his body wasn't responding to what he wanted to do

even without rain he wasnt going close to under 19

Daily Reminder than an injury-ravaged Usain Bolt is still the Fastest Man In The World

youtube.com/watch?v=TLJ82k-aflc

He did not set his records in Beijin

It was in Berlin one year later and it was one of the most insane moments of sport history

>have an olympics in the fucking rainforest
RIO
I
O

>tfw they don't televise the World Championships in America

I ONLY GOT TO SEE BOLT RUN THE 100 AND THE 200 THREE TIMES EACH REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Don't worry senpaitachi, someone will get even more doped than Bolt was and break the record sometime within the next two Olympics

>>tfw they don't televise the World Championships in America
um they actually do televise them...

>gatlin
how cucked can someone get?

damn Tyson gay got cucked, he destroyed that yet no one will ever remember him.

>Rainforest
I'm sure Bolt feels almost at home tbqh

I hope I live to see his records broken, he's a wanker for never truely pushing his best

Was that into a 0.9m/s headwind. What would he of got with a tailwind

i dont remember seeing them, either. were they pushed onto some satellite-only sports channel that nobody watches?

i think the larger point is that the U.S. doesn't give a fuck about track & field, gymnastics, swimming, except during Olympics time, which is a damn shame to be perfectly honest

this was the only thing they beat london at

>being this mad when a non-yank succeeds

Guys I'm sad Usain is going to retire. We saw the best ever. How to go on with life? What do?

>i wonder why he thinks he has a chance at a sub-19.00 200m time
He probably did it in training.

WADA probably threatened him to expose him as a doping cheat if he breaks another WR.

I feel you bro
Watching the relays and them saying it's his last olympic race doesn't feel right.
I wish it was 2012 again when it was a comfy time in Bolts reign

I dunno about 50 years. When Michael Johnson retired, they told us his world record for the 400m would probably last forever. And yet here were are in 2016 and Wayde van Niekerk, who's personal best was a full half second off the record, shattered it by 15 hundredths from the outside lane. You just never know.

Probably this. It's a minor miracle they've held up this long.

Hi coach always wanted him to run the 400, but he said he couldn't handle the training.

I can confirm this. He said the same thing on NBC.

It happens. Athletes' careers are short. We just have to enjoy them while they last, and count ourselves as blessed to have been there to see them when they are gone. Now we get to tell all of the youngsters that their sports idols could never have beaten ours in their primes (and come up with convoluted rationalizations about the game changing, sports medicine improving, etc., when their heroes break all of our heroes records). It's the circle of life.

Better for him to go out on top than to hang on to long and have our last memories of him come when he's a shell of his former self, no longer able to compete with the best in the world. It's the same thing with Phelps. As a Red Sox fan, I've been consoling myself with this thought all season with David Ortiz.

Yeah it's kind of different with Phelps, he's a chill guy and I wouldn't care if he went to another olympics or 2 and ended up taking silvers and bronze

With Bolt though you don't wanna see him passed up. It's the right way to go really, competed in his 20's and now probably will race another year or 2 and retire and live happily ever after

if he did everything he could in his prime what time do you think he would've got
I think he had 9.51 in him

I don't understand why bolt is so celebrated

running 100m is so pointless, and people all over the world celebrate him like he's them..

I look forward to the world burning down when he gets caught for doping.. lance armstrong v2 and he's not even murrican

3/10

>running 100m is so pointless
>let's watch the marathon guyz I've been training hard I bet I'll compete next olympics
Filthy long distance fags

Under 9.5s in 100m
Under 19 in 200m

He's probably done both outside of competition

Do you think Bolt woke up?

Only Bolt and his coach and teammates probably will ever know the truth

>Tfw he runs 9.40 something in practice

Better drugs will be out next Olympics