Band of Bros

is this any good? i never see it discussed here and when people talk about the "golden age" of tv it's rarely included.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bbg8uT7Wg48
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

wondering about the same thing, is it worth watching?

Yeah it's really good. Except the holocaust episode which is clear bullshit propoganda trying to make us believe it actually happened. Not surprised since Spielberg was involved.

BoB and The Pacific are discussed regularly on here

Bastogne is a god tier hour of television

This and the Pacific are both great. If you like Saving Private Ryan you will like these two series

sir, i guess i've missed it, sir

The visuals are amazing. Watch it.

It's good, doesn't really have any flaws to speak of. The Pacific is also good. Not as good as BoB but still good. The Pacific is noticeably darker/grittier and more pessimistic than BoB. The Okinawa episode of The Pacific is probably the most disturbing stretch of war imagery I've seen on film.

>gen kill>bob>pacific

It had that apocalypse now kind of feel when they're doing that walk of death up village trail, both Sledge and Snafu talking over corpses and baby with that grenade.

Kill yourself.

Enjoyed the Pacific but fuck I wish the show was just about Sledge and Snafu.

Jew detected

I think that was problem was combining multiple narratives but the only way they could sell it was making it about the entire pacific. The one thing I wish we could have seen instead of the early battles above Australia was Midway. They should have started the series there using a different narrator then pass off the narration to story or keep sledge's training in the background
The early actors except for Sledge's other friend focused on stuff like the homefront and that was just a terrible idea because it broke up the narrative.

That's a common complaint, although I think the episode where it's raining a bunch and Leckie gets his chest stolen by the officer as well as the episode where Leckie goes to the mental hospital are both really good episodes.

The Australia episode was pretty cringe, especially considering that the real Leckie just banged a bunch a girls there and the relationship with the Greek girl was just made up for TV...

I think it was an issue of source material and the fact that the veterans on which it was based were dead unlike when BoB was filmed.

I would have liked to see all Snafu and Sledge as well, but maybe the producers made the right call.

Snafu is husbandu

>tfw I saw Snafu and Sledge fangirl art on DeviantArt.

Yes yes, you have your own board for this shit.

The Breaking Point > Bastogne

Easy company never liberated a concentration camp and it adds nothing to that episode or to the series as a whole. There was literally no reason to put it there. Not that other user btw

the pacific is almost as good
youtube.com/watch?v=bbg8uT7Wg48