Let's be honest, the first Ghostbuster wasn't even that good

Let's be honest, the first Ghostbuster wasn't even that good.

seriously, i don't get why people act like the all female one is that offensive when its a franchise most people don't actually give a shit about

More than half of you weren't even born when the first ghostbusters came out.

I agree, although I've never actually seen it.

Let's be honest, you just want 200 replies

Thank you.

desu

I liked part 2 more

2 was better.

They were both silly, silly movies and I honestly don't know why people are using them as excuses to say "internet insults" at women, blacks, jews, etc.

In retrospect, the people I knew personally who liked Ghostbusters ended up being the most autistic and obnoxious in my presence.

Maybe I need to use this movie as a benchmark for finding quality friends?

check your fridge

Why did everyone lose their minds over this shit franchise getting a reboot yet nobody cared about Robocop?

Because robocop wans't turned into a woman senpai

>I thought Gozer was a man.
>Gozer's whatever it wants to be.

It's a funny movie but nostalgia kids dominate the conversation and overrate it. The sequel is pathetic with some okay parts. The whole media empire is embarrassing. The best part is the theme song.

Paul Feig is responsible for more good movies than Ivan Reitman so this new one should be better.

because the moment Hal Ramis died, they decided to capitalize on the remake.

Just like Jumanji. Robin Williams died, let's remake it to play off Nostalgia.

it's a gutless tactic Hollywood uses to exploit the sheckles out of the movie going public.

Oh come off it.

It was pretty good. Inflation adjusted its something like 30th highest grossing movie of all time in the US as well.

It's popular and well loved, plenty of us of a certain vintage grew up loving the film/cartoon.

I don't care one bit for what I've seen of the new film but I'm beyond caring about being angry at such things, that's for younger men.

Shitty b8 man.
I saw that shit in the theaters when I was 4 years old and it was fantastic.

>pulling facts from your ass
People WERE pissed about robocop
People were even more pissed about tmnt

Difference being micheal bay just didn't give a shit when people were made about the turtles looking like shrek or making April a whore, don't is covering their asses with the sexism card

Are you stupid? Heaps of people complained about the black suit because it wasnt the original silver/grey

I liked the cartoons and toys. The movies were on damn near every weekend and I was never hyped to watch them

Let's be honest, OP was never heterosexual.

it's not that shit actually.

i mean look at these morons responding to it like it's genuine.

As a long standing ghostbusters fan, I was never "threatened" by an all female cast.
I'm threatened that this new one is being directing by a literal faggot who's gone on record to say that he's always hated Ghostbusters.
Fucking Micheal Bay would make a better movie than this fucking clown.

We all pray that this would flop hard enough that they stop with the fucking remakes.

But judging by the way they've positioned themselves to blame failure on all male viewers, it sadly won't happen.

Let's recap the stellar Sony/Feig marketing strategy:

It's gonna be great! We replaced all of the iconic male stars with improv-tier female hacks!

Fuck you if you don't like it.

If you hate it, you're a manbaby, probably an MRA.

Fans are assholes.

The original wasn't even that good.

I hope you never reproduce. I hope your genes are forever cursed to waste away in your body.

I agree, never had the nostalgic attachment to it and I never once laughed when I watched it as a kid. Fuck, I'm one of the few idiots that actually prefers Ghostbusters 2 because they go out of their way to integrate more comedy. That said the trailers look awful and I won't watch the remake anyway.

>All this SJW dicksucking

Are we being raided by Tumblr or something?

I'm so sick of this "Micheal Bay is bad" meme. He entertains, and there's a fuckload of effort put into his films. Have you ever WATCHED a transformer movie? Like, look at that shit from a technical level?

It's not that good but the new one looks horrid. mccarthy is not funny and paul feig is a hack. If it weren't for the nostalgia fanboys and the feminists bickering this movie would have flown under the radar.

first of all i thought the casting was very much in spirit with the original. SNL alums and talented folk with proven chemistry together.

you can't fucking tell me that the amount of attention and hate this is getting is purely because it isn't sexist man child driven. like seriously, who else but those fucks would be upset about a 30+ year old franchise that hasn't been good since the first one to begin with?

This. Both sides look juvenile.

the rock will forever be in my top five movies. because that movies exists, michael bay always gets a pass.

You see people Ghostbusters has always been bad, it's not Sony's fault Fembusters will be a steaming pile of dang.

>it's a "reddit invades the board and complains about crossposters" episode

I actually enjoyed the new turtles movies and Bad Boys 1 & 2 and The Rock are some of my favorite movies of all time. I just threw it out there since posts without meme cred are automatically discarded on this shit board.

Most rational thing said about this whole situation so far.

>It's not that good

Some of you are severely brain damaged to actually believe this.

> SNL alum
You mean MODERN snl alum, which is a death sentence to safe as fuck, boring Lorne Michaels chewed up shitfest, that panders. Entirely different chemistry from the original who had comedy roots from other places and were known to have edgier content. Part of the reason why an SNL film hasn't drawn a fucking dime in over 20 years.

I think Baybusters would be awesome tbqhwyf

>Not liking a decent flick from the 80's means that you have brain damage

Exactly. He's not trying to make fucking Hamlet. He makes movies for guys that like movies.

Sorry you like this shitty kid's movie.

It wasn't, just nostalgia.

the attention is being fueled by both sides. the real problem is criticism is being dismissed by labeling people with trendy insults. thats just going to make people louder and that may well be part of their marketing.

its not wrong to call this just another remake among all the others that no one asked for. its not wrong to call the female cast a gimmick.

god, retarded people just dont get it, its not about all females, is about 3/4 of them have no talent at all, bad cast

For real. It's wonderfully thrilling action movie with just the right amount of comedy thrown in, genuinely interesting character arcs and excellent cinematography. The only other action movie that reaches its level of perfection imho is die hard.

Yeah but people were going out of their way to dislike the trailer on youtube. Mens rights groups and shit. That says something.

It's actually not a kid's movie.
But oh wait! You're a furfaggot who's reserved their copy of Zootopia!
Bullshit opinion DISFUCKINGCARDED.

Let's be honest, if Micheal Bay got to do the reboot he'd knock it out the park.

bridesmaids?

>That says something.
it says people will do dumb shit on the internet. "Hitler did nothing wrong" was almost the slogan for mtn dew or chips or some shit. do you think all the people that voted for that really supported hitler?

Harold Ramis would come back from the dead to cameo in it.

>decent

I think it's time you drown yourself.

>well written script
>effects are great for the time
>great cast
>actually funny

Why isn't it that good again?

>who else but those fucks would be upset about a 30+ year old franchise that hasn't been good since the first one to begin with?

Apparently, a fuckload of people. Have you seen the dislike ratio? Either the world is made up of sexist man-children, or a shit ton of normies also think the movie is a turd.

Point taken, but it was produced by Apatow and had a chick flick appeal. Plus I would argue that the movie was really quite bad.

It's not the sacred cow the internet made it out to be.

We get it. You live a sad and lonely existence and the only shred of happiness you find in life is rewatching the 20 year old vhs copy of OG ghostbusters that you never returned to blockbuster because it reminds you of your childhood. Doesn't make it anything more than an ok movie tho

Okay, Feig.

Time for bed.

Ok dude, chill out

>UH OH, HE SAID SOMETHING BAD ABOUT GHOSTBUSTERS

See?

Fuck Sony must be really desperate if they throw the original under the bus, just to deflect some criticism.

Or maybe it's people that genuinely love the franchise and think the trailers look irredeemably bad? I'm sure some mras disliked the video but you're kidding yourself if you think it accounts for even a noticeable fraction of the dislikes. Also gbt reddit

I'm sorry you have trouble understanding a good movie.

first of all, people do give a shit about Ghostbusters. the original movie had heart and actual comedy as well as a cast of talented comedians that had chemistry. so much so they had a franchise spun off of it, from cartoons to comic books. it was the team, not just their occupation, that drew fans in.
They hand picked this franchise as a way to make money because fans have wanted a real sequel for 20 years.
the powers that be put in talent that seems lacking in a movie that doesnt look funny and comes off cheap. none of the 4 seem interesting at all and theres nothing remarkable about this beyond the history it's trying to forget.

For you.

This is the main reason I'm not seeing it. I enjoyed the first two, but I have no need to go back.

As a kid, pic related made me diamonds. Probably why I like women who wear a shit ton of makeup in bed.

>Bernie just lost to Hilary
>fag tries to feel better by shitposting about the original Ghostbusters
(You)

Kek. They really are a miserable bunch of milkdrinkers aren't they?

you sound like you work for the EPA

Nope the release is just short of a month out, the shills are out in force now across every medium trying to make the movie seem not like a complete piece of shit.

Never bothered watching the original. Couldn't care less about man babies whining over a female reboot.