Is there anything more satisfying than an album closing with a reprise of the opening song? (IE: The Suburbs...

Is there anything more satisfying than an album closing with a reprise of the opening song? (IE: The Suburbs, Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness...)

ITT post albums that do this

can't think of any off the top of my head but bumping for interest

Is the last thread still up? That was a good thread. And I agree, this had a beautiful ending

Ween - The Mollusk

If you like this, listen to classical pieces, especially orchestral ones. Often there are "themes" in a piece that are often recalled during different movements, especially during the finale.

This but specifically a genre called cyclic symphonies. Saint-Saƫns's 3rd, Schumann's 4th, Chausson's Bb symphony, Hindemith's Bb symphony, Dvorak's 9th, most Mahler symphonies, etc

Harmony in Ultraviolet by Tim Hecker. The songs in question are Rainbow Blood and Blood Rainbow.

The glow pt. 2

Goat - World Music?

can't think of any album that pulls it off as good as the suburbs, since nostalgia for your childhood is a key theme throughout and the reprise manages to make you nostalgic for the first track. also the suburbs is just a really good song.

Pretty much every Neal Morse album does this. Also several Pink Floyd records.

agreed, best album eding ever
>if i could have it back.....
>all the times, that we wasted, i'd only waste it again...

the feels are unreal, makes me want to be a teen in the suburbs growing up in a small place with close friends

Another green world kinda does this but not with the first track

Bowie's scary monsters has this too

Shit, I've never seen someone reference Culprate on here before. Deliverance was an amazing album, I cut Whispers Pt. 1 & 2 together because they flow so seamlessly together.

SOMEWHERE IN TIME

Iron Maiden - Seventh Son

Russian circles - Memorial

Yellowcard-lights and sounds does this but not in a emotion way.

The album opens with a piano instrumental. The final song, Hollywood Died, in the last minute has a reprise of the melody of the opening track, effectively bookending the album. As a young kid in middle school I thought it was cool

Not the end track, but
>aaaaaAAAAAAAAaaaAAAAAAA

Sgt. Peppers does this almost (but then goes onto the best song afterwards lol)

I can hardly wait

japanther - rock n roll ice cream

My nigger

Bump. [spoiler]:3[/spoiler]