Mike is a Pleb & Jay is a Patrician

It's undeniable at this point...

Mike: Escape From New York needs to push that satire more, give each character a little more goofiness, wink at the audience a little more, pump up that score.

Jay: Everything you're describing is Escape from L.A. That movie is shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=ff2YU6XtZ9o

LA > NY

Mike knew this

surf scene is GOAT kino

I think they're both pretty pleb.
Obviously Mike is more pleb though since he can't appreciate the pure perfection of Escape from New York.

it's pretty easy to tell that Mike has shit taste in films

he just wants to be entertained as much as possible, doesn't care at all about artistic or creative value

>Escape from LA
>shit
He just lost any respect I had for him.

Mike says he's never seen EFLA and no it's not. It's like Carpenter tried to do with EFNY what Raimi did with Evil Dead by doing a goofy remake/sequel except Carpenter failed spectacularly.

Daily reminder Mike and Rich were too stupid to understand Civil War

Exactly. They're both fucking plebs.

This was shit. They've really taken a dive in quality this year. What an embarrassment.

Escape From L.A. is pretty shit compared to Carpenter's earlier work TBQHWYF

I didn't even realize those were two different movies.

Are you somehow trying to say that Escape from LA isn't pure shit?

rofl i bet you like big trouble you massive pleb

Escape from L.A. was complete schlock

>riding a fucking tsunami wave is considered uncool by todays kids

man your life must suck

Whose cum tastes better, Mike or Jay's?

No, that's why Jay who thinks it's shit it the Patrician and Mike who thought Escape From New York needed more goofiness and winking at the audience is the Pleb.

>uncool
That entire movie was pure schlock and you're not impressing anyone with your hipster horseshit. You're a waste.

You're gonna have to ask Jack about that.

ok kid

Escape from NY is the most overrated drivel I've ever seen. Jay is a pleb.

lol fag

>the disgusting alcoholic blob or good looking guy who works out and eats well
GEE WHAT A FUCKIN MYSTERY

Jay doesn't like Blade Runner, he is a forever pleb

A lot of his arguments for Escape from New York apply even more so to Blade Runner

>other people like something I don't so it's overrated

a compelling argument

Damn, jay is a pleb too!

They're both plebs in their own ways. Based on their discussions, Mike just likes a routine script with generic character arcs, and Jay just likes pretty visuals and 80s nostalgia.

Jay probably likes better movies overall, but it's obvious from hearing him talk about film that he gets absolutely nothing deep out of them. Mike's probably more intelligent because he's already proven with the Plinkett reviews that he can pick apart a movie well, but it's too bad he'll only do that with the few movie franchises he's already a huge fan of. He doesn't care for much else.

It's entertaining seeing them trash blockbuster crap, b-movies, and weird VHS tapes, but if you take them seriously you're an even bigger pleb then they are.

You're one of those retards they made fun of recently that seems to think opinions on movies is a hard science.

Besides film school, is there anyway I can learn about how to make movies? Like the angles, the screenwriting terms etc etc

jay always has something positive to say about capeshit or even likes it

he was born pleb

read the Lloyd Kauffman "Make your own damn movie" book collection

At the library or bookstore, there's probably a few accessible books that explains shit like that.

And of course actually making movies yourself is a very educational experience.

He's right not to like Blade Runner, it's Blade Runner: The Director's Cut that matters. Besides. Ridles Scott is a great visual director but he's weak as a storyteller. There are whole integral themes from the book he changes pointlessly or omits entirely and despite what he says Deckard is not, never was, nor ever will be an android.

go to films

He's right about Blade Runner though. The movie looks amazing but the plotnis really, really fucking boring and Harrison Ford actually intentionally tried to bomb the film because hated Ridley Scott.

I think a lot of the effects are amazing and by virtue of that it is a good movie but the story is horrendously boring and almost completely lifeless save for based Rutger.

Also glaring plot holes.

Why don't they ever talk about or reference arthouse stuff like Aquirre or Seventh Seal. It's always petty shit like X Men and 80s shit.

I wish they'd talk about their own favourite movies and not boring tripe like the snoozefest Escape from New BORE-k

Everyone's a pleb to you faggots. Your mother's a fucking cunt.

see
film school is the biggest meme in the book

also

>tumblr

This

Faggot

I firmly believe that good visuals and creative shots can redeem a poorly written movie. In fact, time and time again, it has been proven that you don't even need a story to make a good movie.

t. Tarantino

>Why don't they ever talk about or reference arthouse stuff
>I wish they'd talk about their own favourite movies
they are talking about movies they like, that's the entire point of Half in the Bag 2: Electric Boogaloo. They both said Tremors was god tier.

They aren't talking about arthouse movies because they don't like those movies.

So they are just plebs then?

not plebs, just not this guy either

everyone and everything is a pleb and is a meme

>Also glaring plot holes.
go on then

nice copypasta, autist

Mike sounds like a cartoony Hollywood exec

"Not enough quips! Not enough bombastic music! Why don't they wink at the camera?! We need more action so people can stuff popcorn in their faces!"

I think he was the main problem with Space Cop. Rich was fine but the choice Mike made with that voice he uses through the movie just ruins every scene he's in.

so jays a pleb, good to know

not in this case

The 80s started memecore. Jay needs to fuck off with this shitty flicks

I like both

NY has a more intricate plot but worse acting and dialo

LA has better acting and cool gadgets but worse plot

I haven't seen it, and that voice is mostly the reason why. I can't understand why he chose to do that. He's naturally very funny there was just no need for it