youtube.com/watch?v=m_iKg7nutNY
youtube.com/watch?v=RUE4v1rUpSM
youtube.com/watch?v=_rIYXfztyxA
youtube.com/watch?v=RGR4SFOimlk
youtu.be/2S6eUFbOfIU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

absolutely

HE'S A GREAT ACTOR

Perfect for certain roles like Tony Montana or Carlito Brigante.

A bit over the top for anything too subtle though.

Yes.

Subtlety is good, especially when you beat them over the head with it.

I
AM
ACTING

Yeah, no.

I once had a dream in which I was at Pacino's house. We were sat by the pool and he was telling me he was broke and would have to do a load of commercials and shitty sell out movies.

You think Michael Corleone or Serpico were over the top?

I miss 90's crazy Pacino.

He is hit or miss. Hasn't done anything notable since Angels in America

youtube.com/watch?v=2S6eUFbOfIU

He is probably the greatest actor ever.

Check this out if you don't believe me.
youtube.com/watch?v=LXneIjC01D0

people bitcing about his lack of subtlety haven't seen godfathers enough

even his posture and gait change as he takes on the responsibilities of the family

he's exceptional...but there are not those types of roles for a man his age any more

He used to be great, he doesn't give a fuck anymore now but I don't blame him at all.

I like his part in the last GoT episode

That's a good point. He was great as both of those. Serpico wasn't a huge departure from his usual brash style but Michael Corleone showed he can play a more sophisticated role. I seem to remember Dog Day Afternoon being a more sensitive portrayal than I expect from Pacino as well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Scarface (or any of the others) was an easy performance. My main reason for considering Pacino a great actor is that I will instinctively think much more highly of a film I haven't seen if he's in it. I'll assume it's gonna be a good film and I'll look forward to seeing Pacino's performance. Maybe that makes me a pleb, I dunno.

Dog Day Afternoon is GOAT

Yeah I think he was better at subtle and less brash roles in the 70s. After playing so many hot heads and shouting criminals he probably just decided to keep going that route. Plus his voice is completely different than it was in his early career.

I feel like a lot of directors cast him specifically for that scene in their movie where a guy goes off on someone, because he's done it so well in the past.

Like in Glengarry Glen Ross, where Pacino explodes in Spacey's face:
youtube.com/watch?v=b1HNOpzsUZc

He was great in the rest of the film but I can't imagine anyone nailing this scene as perfectly as Pacino. I think it's what the audience really want from him, from that kind of drama. He can do the less climactic stuff, but so can a lot of other actors. It's Pacino's ability to excite with a monologue that sets him above the rest.

Another good example is in Any Given Sunday:
youtube.com/watch?v=m_iKg7nutNY

Always gives me chills.

Bobby Dearfield?

he's a true thespian, one of the few still around

Essential Pacinocore coming through

Scent of a Woman
youtube.com/watch?v=RUE4v1rUpSM

Heat
youtube.com/watch?v=_rIYXfztyxA

Devils's Advocate
youtube.com/watch?v=RGR4SFOimlk

He stopped giving a shit on Scent Of A Woman, and after that he became a caricature of himself. The courtroom scene is embarrasing.

He's just a pretty face.

Only when given a role he can make his own rather than dependent on what the film or the director wants.

You forgot youtu.be/2S6eUFbOfIU

>Plus his voice is completely different than it was in his early career.

Literally due to smoking. He smokes 3 packs a day and has since the 70s.

he used to be good
then he became "Al Pacino"

De Niro out-acted him in that Heat scene

whoever said he was a true thespian is probably right he seemed like a traditional actor

obviously he just does meme stuff now for a check but who wouldn't

I think it's dumb the way people criticize him and DeNiro for taking a bunch of roles in shitty movies for easy money after they got old

Yeah. It's seemingly acceptable to become less skilled and do easier things in virtually very profession yet acting. Actors get so criticized for easier routes as they age but it's honestly to be expected.

not since he won his Oscar, that and his praised performance in Scarface has him stuck in the "yelling = emotion" mindset that pisses me off.

kek, new frontiers in shillkino

Carlito's Way is my favorite movie ever.

He was great in Jack and Jill

hahahahhHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHA A A HAH AH hah
ha