I am really ashamed of Americans who think Phelps is a better athlete because of muh gold...

I am really ashamed of Americans who think Phelps is a better athlete because of muh gold. Swimming will never reach the relevancy of Sprinting due to talent and status

Being the best sprinter >being the better swimmer

I doubt Bolt is able to swim as well as Phelps is able to run.

Phelps > Bolt

I doubt Phelp is able to play major sports as well as Bolt

Bolt>Phelps

No.

Bolt is more known worldwide than Phelps

Bolt is great but he's just another fast guy. In 10 years somebody else who's just as black will do what he did. He's only tied Carl Lewis.

Until somebody can top twenty-fucking-three golds then phelps will remain the goat Olympian. I agree bolt is the better athlete but if gold medals are how we quantify Olympic success (they are) then phelps is better.

>just another fast guy
No. He's literally THE fastest human to ever live

When will they make 120m sprint, 140m sprint, 150m sprint, 160m sprint, 180m sprint, 100m sprint with hands in pockets, etc?

meme strokes don't count. Phelps is still a great athlete and one of the best ever, but not the eternal GOAT people claim him to be.

Freestyle is the only important event in swimming and Phelps only has one gold for that.

Meanwhile Bolt is a phenomenon. Dominating your disciplines this hard is something you rarely if never see.

swimming is a much more difficult and impressive feat than running in a circle. you are obviously a biased nigger or a nigger loving nu-male so i can see why your taste in competition is so bland. but i can't blame you for the way you were born.

I am none. Wrestling is a much more enduring sport than sprinting as well but the competition is higher in sprinting. Don't care about the rest

There's more competition in sprinting and running and the stakes are higher

More impressive on bolt's resume than Phelp's

So was Tyson gay. And guess what? He's just another black guy.

Bolt is qualified to race in more events than he currently does and he doesn't. If anything you're only proving phelp's domination in all aspects of the pool.

We aren't comparing different sports, we're comparing the disciplines of Phelps and Bolt and their relative difficulty against each other.

Swimming uses more muscle groups, is more of a learned skill than something so innate and natural like running, and restrictions imposed on some styles means Phelps has had to master more skills in his discipline than Bolt in his.

Bolt "only" runs three times per Olympics. Even if swimming gives medals like candy, the scales are balanced *because* Phelps trains for and is willing to compete for those medals.

Nah, the artificial restrictions imposed on free vs. butterfly, backstroke or whatever is more like if Bolt had chosen to compete in sprint and long distance or steeple or marathon or something.

But he doesn't, he only does sprint-related.

So if Bolt only specializes in one thing, how does that make him unequivocally better than someone who has had to do multiple things within his sport?

GAY never did for 8 years

>Swimming uses more muscle groups, is more of a learned skill than something so innate and natural like running, and restrictions imposed on some styles means Phelps has had to master more skills in his discipline than Bolt in his.
Which is still far less impressive than what Bolt has to go through. Swimming is child's play compared to Sprinting s athletes

the stakes are only higher because most people, such as yourself, are easily entertained, and all they want to see is "the fastest man on the planet". millions if not billions of casuals think usain bolt is undefeated when he is actually not. you have no taste in competition and you only want to watch the most basic of events because your brain does not function at a high capacity.

you are literally fucking retarded.

>ameripiss

>muh elegant sport.

Let me know when the talent pool in swimming is half as big as sprinting.

You can't be the best when your sport is irrelevant

when that talent amounts to your ability to run forwards and do nothing else then there is no appeal to your sport. we invented this cool new thing called cars if you want to watch things go fast.

When the majority of the people join the sport that amounts your ability to do nothing than more forwards then the risks are higher and should be taken with a higher prestige.

a sport with 100 people > a sport with 10

being a more eloquent sport does not make it better

yes it does, because it's more entertaining to watch. foot racing is something you do with your friends just to see who is the fastest. it's not entertaining, it's just for bragging rights. then you play a real sport where you actually have to think about what you're doing rather than turn your brain off and pretend that the paddy wagon is gaining on you.

I don''t judge an athlete by how entertaining their sport is but by how dominant they are. being a dominant athlete in a bigger sport >>>>

We also invented boats if you want to tread water

you should judge an athlete based on how difficult their sport is, and swimming is infinitely more difficult than sprinting.

boats float, they don't swim.

Swimming is harder you fucking mong.

Swimming is boring as fuck dude. 100, 200 relay are the most exiting to watch

And swimming is less demanding in terms of competition you fucking mong

>nigger loving nu-male

really though? resorting to le buzzwords when talking about athletes?

Nope. Competition > all

is that why the top guy in sprinting has never been beaten in the olympics but the top guy in swimming has? there's no fucking competition in olympic sprinting. the other guys showing up is just a formality.

who cares?

why not be happy we've been witness to 2 GOATs at the same time and leave it at that?

Bolt is a once in a life time athlete. More people sprint than swim. It just shows how dominant is bolt. You picked the wrong sport to boast about.

No it really is not.

BTW 23 (twenty three) medals>9 medals

Is this math that hard for you to comprehend?

more people sprint than swim because swimming is too hard for most people to do competitively.

medals are irrelevant when your sport doesn't shit tier talent pool and athletes.

Yeah and that makes the competition higher.

Bolt>phelps

it means the quantity is higher, not the quality. more people practicing a less demanding discipline doesn't make it harder.

>medals are irrelevant when your sport doesn't shit tier talent pool and athletes.

What are you even trying to say.

100m sprint
100m skip
100m backwards run
100m gallop
100m 1 legged hop
100m crab walk
100m army crawl
100m high knees
100m shuffle
100m moon-walk

200m... All of those events again

1000m individual medley
1000m team medley

apples and oranges la.

Americans only think Phelps is better because of nationalist media brainwashing. That's it.

If 100m/200m sprinters can compete in other events too, why does it happen so little? I mean, you see a bit of overlap sometimes (Felix, Merritt, Lewis) but it doesn't happen nearly as much as in the different strokes in swimming.

FUCKING THIS

Decathletes and Triathletes are the best athletes in the world by a good margin, but they get no love outside of Eaton.

All questions about athletes should be resolved via mandatory MMA fights.

All physical demonstrations are just proxies for fights anyway

yeah but swimming is gay af

we invented boats way before we invented cars, that's why no one gives a shit about swimming, no one has ever had to swim to survive.

Shit thread desu. Bolt meme vs Phelps meme.

you just mad that us brits are not as good swimmers.

same butt hurt guy desu.

>BTW 23 (twenty three)

Is this nigger serious?

>it's another Europeans hate phelps because he is American thread

Guarantee if his name was mauricio phelilipini they would be sucking his cock 24/7

Because nerds on here can never just live a happy life.

No

Noone hates Phelps you dipshit, he's great. It's just the armchair amerilards with their

>23 medals
>greatest olympian
>greatest athlete
>murica

Both are great. Who cares? You faggots make these threads multiple times a day.

> swimming

Literally the most boring "sport"

Can Phelps beat up Bolt in a fight? I didn't think so.

>phelps
literally who? oh some swimmer? pfft
>bolt
hardly a man alive who doesn't know him

who cares about popularity, this is a discussion about who is the better athlete. is justin bieber the best singer in the world?