Olympic Wrestling Thread

Olympic Wrestling Thread
86kg and 125kg

Favorites to win: Sadulaev 86kg and Taha Gull 125kg?

Any upsets? Sadulaev lost 2 points to Iranian Karimi in the semis the only 2 points he lost in the worlds.

Makhov will use his Russian special olympic powers against Taha Gull and might get an upset as well?

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

collegespun.com/news/inna-trazhukova-mikhail-mamiashvili-punch-olympics
youtube.com/watch?v=p_34zFqcLno
youtube.com/watch?v=WhJUebJSg50
twitter.com/AnonBabble

"Russia’s Wrestling Head Punched Female Wrestler In The Face For Losing Medal"
collegespun.com/news/inna-trazhukova-mikhail-mamiashvili-punch-olympics

Lol, I expected this from Best Korea or China, they are crazy about winning - Asian mentality, and so on.

Looks harmless to me.

...refused to congratulate the Russians Valery Koblova and Natalia Vorobiev with silver medals. "Both could win the gold medal. 10 seconds - the price of a gold medal. I do not want to congratulate and I will not - they had to win. They had to die, but do not give in 10 seconds. I lived like that, I still live like that, and will live like that.... There is no forgiveness for them. Both showed lack of will... Rivals were dangerous, yes, but our girls were required to win. They just gave away our gold medals, in 10 seconds - they are nobodies now"- Mamiashvili said. Daughter of Mamiashvili Tatiana Bondarchuk wrote on Istagram that her father - Olympic champion in Seoul - threw away all the medals, except gold. She deleted this message afterwards.

Asian parenting 101, basically.

Where can I watch Mat A and Mat C?

MAKHOV CIRCASSIAN REPRESENT

>Daughter of Mamiashvili Tatiana Bondarchuk
imagine what it would be like to date his daughter

The sex would be incredible

yup, we're out

Kavkaz sila
Rusnya mogila

>what it would be like to date his daughter
Seems like she would be ok with punches in the face.

Russia looking powerful today

J'den Cox looking good against Belarus

Can't these fucking fat Americans not shut the fuck up?

>tfw Jordan Burroughs got literally completely BTFO so we won't have to deal with the fucking GOAT spam 24/7 anymore
Feels amazing man. I hope Snyder suffers a career ending injury so we won't have to deal with that hype train either.

POLSKA POLSKA

Huge win for Dlagnev over World silver medalist. Makhov got knocked out first round so 120kg got much more interesting.

kuuurwa

If Sadulaev loses i'll blow my fucked head off, this wrestling tournament is already nothing but disappointment.

He didn't punch her, just slapped. Still a piece of shit. They promised to dominate the tournament and so far lost every finale, people are getting pissed

And Makhov flopped hard to a Ukrainian, that has to hurt.

Sadulaev and Sharifov in the semis, probably match of the night right there. I want ot see Sadulaev win too, he has excellent poise and always fights hard.

What kind of weird faggot actually looks forward to athletes from his own country losing? Are you just mad that you never amounted to anything physically?

I am very pleased with how Cox is wrestling today. I would not have expected him to do that well against Machiani.

Yeah I won a wrestle off for my d1 team and was still benched because I was judged to be an inferior prospect. Now I revel in the failure of others whilest not achieving anything myself.

Crabs-in-a-bucket mentality, just pure butthurt at someone doing more than him.

Cox is having a great tourney so far. In the US system young wrestlers peak well. I was worried about the Iranian too but Cox came in and stuck to his gameplan. Hopefully he can best Yasar.

BTW Salas is a piece of shit, I'm glad he lost and hope he doesn't medal. Fuck that dirty guy

>wrestling with this guy

Future Olympic champion.

If there was a D1 wrestler on Sup Forums, I would feel exponentially better about browsing this website so frequently.
I'm pretty ignorant about international wrestlers. What does Salas do that's dirty?

Twists fingers, pulls singlet, scratches, throws elbows, twisting knees shoulders and ankles, extra pushing after the whistle, pretty much everything. Watch this match; he was losing to Sadulaev and blatantly slapped him out of anger. lucky he didn't get DQ'd. Slap is about 1:30
youtube.com/watch?v=p_34zFqcLno

youtube.com/watch?v=WhJUebJSg50
Watch this shit at 1:30, Sadulaev was destroying him

that murican wrestler is absolutely digusting

He wrestles like an old man

Damn what a fucking chimp out. I'm glad he didn't end up going far today.

Fucking Turkroach. Stall for victory in order to get fucking demolished by Sadulaev.

its a dead weight class. everyone knows saduelev will win.

Fuck off American. Deserved win for the Ingush (he is not a Turk)

He ain't even Turk, Russian as well. Just like Azer that lost to Satulaev in 1/2

Cox's inexperience showed. He thought he was in the lead due to scoring last but he had the penalty against him for passivity. He was stalling as well, the Turk was making more efforts in the last minute. Frankly the US should have challenged the takedown around 5:00 on the edge of the mat, the Turk was doing the splits but his ass touched the ground and that should be good enough. Still a valiant effort by Cox. Incidentally His repechage bracket is all black, Puerto Rico, Salas and Cox. I hate Salas so goddamn much.

Congrats on Sadulaev's victory Russbro, I'll be rooting for him in the finals

Man Sharifov is an awesome wrestler as well, just goes to show how good Sadulaev is when he can demolish someone of that caliber

>Russian
Ingush and Avar

But, why? Fucking japs always airing their fetishes to the public...

>American """"""""""""""""""""""""""""bantz""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
wew lad

Holy shit Dlagnev got steamrolled, how embarrassing.

I'm American, and unlike that other shithead in this thread I won't root against my country. With that said, US wrestling has had a terrible Olympics and that stems from systemic problems. We need to dump collegiate style wrestling and phase it into freestyle and greco. You can see collegiate influences in wrestlers and how it hurts them and hinders their progress on the world stage. Too much emphasis is placed on physical traits like endurance and strength and not enough on technique. Burroughs and Cox have styles based on athleticism, which works for them in the short term but not in the long, when you think about 2 or 3 Olympic cycles. Compare them to Saitiev, Sourian, Batirov, Smith, Fadzayev, Beloglazov etc. Those wrestlers all had impeccable techniques that aged well and got better through the years. Pure athleticism will only last while one is young.

It is very odd how we do not have enough emphasis placed on freestyle and Greco at the collegiate level.

Was that banter? I never presumed to be bantering, you fucking half-wit. I was stating how weird that was for that female wrestler to put her coach on her shoulders as she would a small boy.

Bump to keep it alive through finals

Is it two hours until finals?

Yes 4am PST

Who else is looking forward for tomorrow? 97 kg

what were the points penalty for this lmao

None. Both told to cool it, they made nice after.

Definitely, that weight is stacked. Snyder is the favorite, but he has lost to Boltukayev in the past. Gazyumov, Yazdani, Ketoev, Ibragimov, Saritov - it'll be awesome. 65kg is looking good too. Nice way to close the Olympics out.

Wrestling lads

Maple syrup does the body good

Another win for the NA alliance.

Mexico, go get Canada a towel and something to drink. Andale!

First time watching wrestling. What does 'on the clock' indicate?

One of the wrestlers was being too much of a pussy, not enough activity. Its up to him to score a point within 30 seconds or be docked a point

Thanks man.

>losing to a Venezuelan who spends his days in bread lines and hasn't wiped his ass in months

Puerto Rico vs Cuba

we boxing now?

Cox is the future at 86kg after Sadulev moves up after this cycle. I hope he wrestles a modified this schedule this winter like Snyder did this year, can see big(ger) things from him next year if he does

>Puerto Rico trying to be a state after wrestling like that
We should annex Cuba desu

This thread is dead compared to days past

He got an excellent duck under to a trip there

DELETE THIS!!

It's crazy how Cuba is so good at combat sports for such a small island

Too little too late by Puerto Rico. Salas is still a dick though.

TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE MEEE HOOOOOOOOOOOOME

Some of the best Soviet coaches to their availabilty

I was gonna be mad, but then i remembered i don't live in a communist country.

last two chances to win gold. they mustn't choke.

What the fuck is with your singlets? It looks like something a 16 year old just ordered off the internet

your economy is a complete shit hole. Don't be surprised if you become one after people fall for the REBELUCION meme

They are the biggest from all the Caribbean Antilles.

>wrestling Sadulaev
It's not in the cards, Turkbro.

Who are you so aroused by a highway robbery?

We can become "free" but i will still continue to be an American citizen,w which means can leave whenever i feel like. Either i'll fight commies or i'll leave this shithole.

yep he rekt selim at the worlds final last year. i feel hopeful about taha akgül tho.

>Either i'll fight commies or i'll leave this shithole.
I'm not Rican but I'd love to BTFO some commies. Would be fun to join you as we shoot them down. Maybe I'll do it on a horse

Bring Back the Rough Riders

Russia has been choking in the final seconds of gold matches lately

so who knows

Petriashveli wearing the kind of singlet a 9 year old wears lmao

You're more than welcome to join brother.

Commies deserve the rope.

I want Petriashveli to win because I have the same wrestling shoes

>the crowd is chanting PORRA PORRA PORRA

top kek

You've got a better opportunity there for sure

Geno is mad as fuck. too bad he's dumb as a brick. this guys has all the potential but has zero intelect.

>"I'll get him hard show him what I got"

You know him or something?

yeah, he's a friend of my friend.

FUCK DAT TAKE DOWN

VENEZUELA CHOKE

>SA audience completely silent
weew

Good for Sharifov, he's a great wrestler.

Now fuck Salas, I hope to God Cox beats him. I can't stand that dirty Cuban fuck.

COX
O
X

Ref forced him to do or die.

Lol, funny how many "friends of the friend" are here. I remember guy who knew Croatian greco-roman wrestler posting here.

GO DOWN YOU COMMIE FUCK

I love big black cox

oe oe oe oe cuba cuba

Damn this is intense

These guys are we more exciting than the other wrestlers.