Lord Glover Appreciation Thread

Lord Glover Appreciation Thread

>Received Jon and Sansa out of respect for their father even though he could have been skinnned alive for even talking to them
>Wept when Ned died
>Recognizes that Robb marrying a foreign whore led to the destruction of the Norther Cause
>BTFO'd Sansa
>Refused to ally with wildlings, out of a sense of honor

I feel like this OG Northener hasnt gotten much love on this board.

you forgot
>has no problem cooperating with ramsay fucking bolton

Percy levelled up

He asked Jon how many Northern houses were with him. He is willing to fight the Boltons under the right circumstances

Coward should be hung for being an oath breaker after Jon wins the North.

Which oath did he break? How is he a coward? He was sworn to House Stark, the wardens of the north, not Jon Snow or Sansa(she is not the rightful heir, as far as he knows she is a lannister or a Bolton

He really didn't do anything wrong though.

you forgot
>Bolton helped him free his land from ironborn fuckin shits

Holy fuck I knew those eyes looked familiar.

>I would remind you that house Glover is pledged to house Stark, sworn to answer when called upon.

A ten year old girl has more balls than house Lord Glover.

>le prisoners dilemma meme

bravo dungeons and dragons, you are brilliant

Based Tim McInnery. Forever remembered solely as Percy (and Darling too I guess) but actually a great dramatic actor.

>Robb fucks up and gets his military strength decimated
>on losing side of rebellion with the crown pissed at him
>while he's off to war Ironborn take his castle and kill everyone
>loses most of his fractional strength taking it bad

He simply can't afford another losing battle because it means the complete destruction of his house. And even if he joined he'd have minimal strength.

Like Glover said though, Stark no longer exists. Sansa is a Bolton and Jon is a bastard. Their castle was conquered and, as far as anyone knows, all the rest are dead. In Glover's view there's simply nothing to support, they lost.

>wary of the repurcussions from Bolton for treating with his escaped wife and the bastard
>not seizing them and turning over to Bolton
Excellent writing, bravo D&D.

He is a coward Lyanna was in the same exact position and went to war. How could you sit back and let a nut like Ramsey rule the North.

He's honourable, not stupid you CUNT

except rikkon

How is it stupid? He said Starks are dead, what gives taking even this risk?

The North thinks Rickon and Bran are dead

Do you forget that Jon is rolling with a army over 2,000 strong? He can't just capture him

No, it's stupid to join Jon and Sansa. Honourable to decline and not capture them, you CUNT

Thats just proof that he is not dishonorable. He didnt turn over his guests

He didn't turn them over out of love for Ned. Robb really fucked up everything that Ned built.

Robb the ruined, he'll be known as

Lyanna doesn't have to watch everyone she knows die when sharp pieces of metal are shoved into their bodies.

It's really easy for a woman to be a warmonger (see Hillary Clinton) because they never actually have to fight.

He's not loyal to the Boltons, he admitted he would be flayed. That's not Loyalty. He doesn't give a shit about Ramsey.

Ramsey only helped him to keep an uneasy respect from them.

She went to war with Jon

He is a damn Tully, what did you expect? The only smart one in that family is based Blackfish.

I know he isn't loyal to them but Robb's actions really damaged his reputation with the northern Lords though this is different in the books but we aren't talking about the books. He is the king who lost the North and lost the war. Forever cucked.

He owes the Boltons a debt for helping him retake his ancestral seat, as a Lord Paramount is supposed to do. That is what being a vassal is about - pledging your loyalty in return for protection.

If House Glover joined to oust the Boltons now, they really would be oathbreaking traitors, even if the Boltons are dicks.

Maybe if they td him that Roose assassinated Robb and that the Boltons had Rickon Stark captive at Winterfell he'd be inclined to help them but Sansa failed her speech check.

Sansa's talk to him was basically "Fuck your dead family, Im Lady Staaahk and you will obery my every wish" She is basically the same cunt she was in S1

Fuck Robb. Walder Frey did nothing wrong.

This.

Robb didn't deserve Walder's loyalty but breaking guest rite is the blackest of sins.

Walder wasn't just fucking over Robb, he was fucking with next level bad huju and he'll get it for it.

I thought he was about to slap her shit. I bet Sansa fucks everything up by sending that letter. That or it will be like the scene from LotR where Gandalf swoops in at the last second and saves the day.

Gotta make them womyn's undercutting decisions meaningful.

>it's a Sup Forums implies religion is real episode

>it's a Sup Forums fedora tipper episode

The wildling were near Castle Black at that time, Jon doesn't take them with him on his tour.

>it's a Sup Forums's leaking again episode

I feel like you retards literally have a general, where you can spout your autism to your hearts content.
Fuck off.

>I feel like

Stopped reading there. How do you expect us to know if you actually know anything if you just FEEL something is one way and not another?

>Boltons helped him retake Deepwood Motte

But that's factually wrong.

Stannis is the one who helped him do it in the books.

>D&D

Oh never mind.

All that said, Sansa is a cunt.

Someone kill her already.

>all me

Magic is literally real there.

Not superstition, not an unseen cosmic force, not the unknowable divine will working itself in ways we'll never understand. It's real.

People come back from the dead, ice zombies are a thing, mystical tree internet happens, there are fucking dragons, dudes chopping off other dudes junk to cast spells, shadow monsters stabbing motherfuckers, girls who can't be burned, freaky deaky weirdos make copies of themselves, little green tree elves have magic grenades, witches drink blood and see the future, pyromancy is a thing, there is a giant fuck off wall made of magic ice, the seasons are all wonky donky for no reason, people can be in the minds of animals, dudes can transmute their very matter by switching out somebody's face in defiance of all thermodynamics, people can teleport to far away places in mere hours or days.

Walder's pissing on allllll of that and that's stupid and it's why he's gonna git got.

Well, visit the /got/. we've mentioned him alot

Friendly reminder this house is totally unreliable and clumsy when they allowed themselves to be conquered by the Ironborn seaniggers, lel.

I would have told Sansa to let me fuck all three of her holes.In return Id join her cause

>claims honor
>doesnt fight evil incarnate both living and dead

literal pussy. Outclassed by a child leader.

>The North thinks Rickon and Bran are dead

Wrong. Ramsay's letter to Jon basically proves he doesn't care about advertising Rickon being alive for all the world to know.

And if the Boltons, Umbers and Karstarks all know he's alive, the entire North does too.

Umbers and Glovers are rivals. Karstarks are cunts. I doubt the different Houses share sensitive info with each other

He should have told that cunt that her 'duty' was to give her husband an heir, then he would have been even more based. Fuck, that skank seriously pissed me off with her self righteous bullshit

Just because magic exists in a universe doesn't mean gods exists. Just look at how the witcherverse handles it.

Except when a whore that should be giving her husband an heir instead of frolicking with wildlings says it he has litrally reason to believe that.

Good for her, i'm sure she'll be fighting alongside him in the vanguard.

She's sending the letter to littlefinger, you dolt

holy shit i thought id seen that nose before

No one believed them for obvious reasons

>muh wildlings are the enemy
>i follow my oath when it's convenient to me

Every oathbreaking fuck should burn.

Why are you people so fucking thick-headed? He literally has NO FUCKING ALLEGIANCE NOR DID HE EVER MAKE AN OATH TO JON SNOW (A BASTARD) OR SANSA(WHO IS NOT THE RIGHTFUL HEIR TO HOUSE STARK AND IS OFFICIALLY LADY BOLTON). THE ONLY WAY HE IS AN OATHBREAKER IS IF HE DISOBEYED BRAN, HIS FUCKING LIEGE LORD. YOUR LOGIC IS THE SAME AS "LANCEL IS A LANNISTER, SO ALL WESTERN LORDS MUST BOW AND SCRAPE TO HIM AND OBEY HIS.EVERY COMMAND BLINDLY". SNOW AND SANSA HAVE LITERALLY NO AUTHORITY TO SPEAK AS IF THEY ARE GLOVER'S LIEGE LORDS.HE OWES THEM NO FEALTY, YOU STUPID CUNTS.

Yeah but he broke his oath in swearing allegiance to the Starks.

so much for

>muh honor

He refuses to save his surviving lord and liege Rickson Stark.

Oathbreakers should BURN.

That's not what it was you autist, he was showing that The North remembers the negatives as well and therefore it would be hard to find allies.

>tfw will never fuck sansa in her plot holes

Man Darling got old.

Autist RAGE

Bran is dead as far as everyone knows. Rickon is the Lord Stark, and he's kept prisoner by Bolton.

Once again D&D fucked up the characters by having Jon and Sansa talk to the liege lords as if THEY were the ones requesting an army, which they have no fucking claim on, rather than them requesting an army on behalf of their imprisoned brother, the current Lord Stark.

"Rickon Stark lives!" would be the perfect comeback when Glover was walking off.

>Maybe if they td him that Roose assassinated Robb

That's basically common knowledge in the show, though.

>Does all that
>Says all that
>Still gives Jon and sansa men and join them in battle
>probably dies in bastardbowl

Cück

They don't know Rickon Stark is their prisoner, retard. Hell they probably don't even know Bran sent him to the Umbers 3 seasons ago (3 years ago in the show).

If only they had a letter with Ramsay's seal to show the lords and thus convince them that Rickon is being held prisoner...

Rh'llor is real, the drowned god is real, the old gods and the children of the forest are real, the faceless men can conjure up face swapping and even blood magic is real.

Absolutely every god except for the light of the seven are real, THAT'S THE JOKE. maybe you don't get how gritty grimdark edgy writing works?

Everything except the old gods(weirwood warging) and the children(not gods) aren't real in the books. Faceless men and blood magic is just that, not the act of any gods.

D&D went full retard and even made the drowned god real instead of having the drowned priests perform basic pulmonary resuscitation like they're supposed to.

Damn straight. Hope he's in more episodes anyone know?

so resurrection isn't real? or keeping Khal Drogo alive in a vegetative state or fucking up his fetus through magic wasn't real either?

As far as the drowned god, it's true that the baptism may not be supernatural, but the implication is that he decides who comes back, also the cracken may be real

>cracken

It's just magic.

It's like saying that Thor is real because of thunder and the fact that we've tamed lightning.

Krackens are real, but they're just big squids/octopuses that sometimes attack boats. There probably isn't even anything magical, much less godly, about them.

Thoros of Myr wasn't a good priest to begin with, and by the time he used the resurrection spell for the first time he didn't even believe in the red god any more. He just performed an ancient magic spell that had become nothing more than a funeral rite when magic receded, and it still worked because it's just a magic spell that anyone can do as long as magic is around to be called on and you know the magic spell. Maesters can learn every spell that the red priests use, because they're just spells not gifts granted to a follower by r'hllor.

Rightful heir it's in Ramsay's dungeon and youyouuld think Jonsa would bring that up.

not a single maester has performed magic or a miraculous event in the show except for Qyburn who used steampunk sci fi to make a zombie

Pretty much nobody was doing strong magic until the comet/dragons were born(even Melly, who's hundreds of years old apparently, comments that her spells are easier to do and she doesn't have to rely as much on fakery), except for blood magic(which seems dependant on a human's innate magic potential or some shit). The maesters do however study magic, and all of them try their hand at it. But the spells that used to work haven't for thousands of years, so they all failed(because none of them bothered with blood magic). Marwyn probably dabbled in that shit when he taught Mirri, though.

Qyburn did not resurrect the mountain using "steampunk sci fi". Don't be stupid. He's obviously an old disciple of Marwyn, since he mentions him, and was kicked out after doing blood magic shit on corpses.

so when magic came back, every major religion got a taste except for the light of the seven, right?

Yeah, because Septons don't derive religious power from performing any kind of spell, and they have no history of using spells because the Andals didn't like magic. Why do you think they had such a hard-on for chopping down Weirwood trees?

The whole point behind the religion of the seven in contrast to the others is that the gods aren't relied upon to answer your prayers with overt miracles and magic shit(just like classic Christianity) but personal insights, most likely because the founders realised that all those things claimed by the religious to be gifts from their gods could be done by the non-religious.

If R'hllor actually existed every red priest wouldn't have their own candidate for who Azor Ahai is.

christ, the reason why every other religion except for the seven has magic is because GRRM is a lapsed catholic and his parents made him got to church on sundays. Literally nothing more to it than that.

also the identity of azor ahai has never been implicit so it's logical separate priests would have separate opinions on who it is.

>explicit
sorry about that

>Robb didn't deserve Walder's loyalty
House Tully swore fealty to Robb. House Frey were therefore obligated to follow him too, being vassals of house Tully.

>it's logical separate priests would have separate opinions on who it is.

Not if R'hllor is actually feeding them visions of who's going to be Azor Ahai, idiot. Then it'd be logical for them to all choose the right person, because the actual god would know that shit, and a bit of interpretation wouldn't be enough to explain why they're getting the location, gender and age of Azor Ahai wrong.

The points is that it IS their opinions and there's no god involved. R'hllor doesn't hate Melly. She's just using fire-scrying and really sucking at interpreting her visions of the future, like Dany sucks at interpreting the visions she got in the house of the undying.

>Not if R'hllor is actually feeding them visions of who's going to be Azor Ahai
the visions are known to be ambiguous, that's the point of divination, being able to decipher the will of the gods, whether the information provided is correct or not, the point is that it's supernatural proof positive that r'hllor exists in the first place.

Did people stop believing the oracle at Delphi was real because it got shit wrong all the time?

Will Jonsa behead him after they win the war?

> it's supernatural proof positive that r'hllor exists in the first place.

The existence of magic does not prove the existence of gods, just as little as the existence of electricity proves the existence of gods. In their universe you've just got one more branch of science to study: magic and what makes it tick. Just like thunder had religions formed around it in our past, magic has religions formed around it in their present.

>Did people stop believing the oracle at Delphi was real because it got shit wrong all the time?

They should have, because any fucker can huff fumes and have visions.

fine, whatever. g'day my lady

*tips mitre*

George Hearst?

His casting call says that he was filming for two weeks, so he might show up in another episode.

People are saying he'll show up for Snowbowl and that the "fat Northern lord who unexpectedly changes sides and gives a stirring speech" is Lord Glover and not Wyman Manderly, since the leaks from Snowbowl mention that there were no Manderly banners.

> Pledged to House Stark
> Rickon still alive, possibly the last heir
> Want to suck Ramsay's cock instead

Northerners are just bunch of spineless coward.

I heard a rumor that the Manderly scene would be in episode 10 and he'd proclaim Jon as King in the North, mirroring Robb's scene at the end of S1.

This.

That'd be really fucking retarded and not at all something Manderly would do.

So 50/50 chance it'll happen.