ITT:

Movies that are critically panned but you think are 10/10s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dc0_zXwAHj8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think it's a DOD funded film to prepare kids of robotic warfare. Predictive programming

I loved this movie in my kid days, still is a well done movie.

I agree with the user above, the movie is about future warfare made by drones and is like a video game.

Bloodsport
Rocky IV

That was the worst movie I saw in my childhood. Awful.

Pure kino.

Hardware (not even sure this was on any critics radar at the time, but still...Stanley hadn't made the Island of Dr. Moreau yet)

>Movies that are critically panned but you think are 10/10s
>Movies that have flaws listed by hundreds of critics
>Stick fingers in ears and insist they are literally perfect

Lurk a little more before posting, please.

>listening to critics
>not forming your own opinions
Look at this cuck

here's a free (You)

You can form your own opinions, but if you watch a film and think it has absolutely no flaws, and then have those flaws pointed out to you by hundreds of other people, and you still insist that it's flawless, you're a fucking idiot.

>being a drone to some critic

Go back to Sup Forums where all they do is spout p4kshit

It's not being a drone, how is this a difficult concept?

>I give the movie a 10
>But there's a plot hole here
>Oh you're right I didn't notice that
>Here are more problems with the script. Also the CGI in this scene is pretty terrible, watch this bit again
>Oh yeah I missed all of that
>So what would you give it now, then?
>Still a 10

It's people like you that are the reason IMDb has such inflated ratings.

Art is subjective.

YOU'RE FUCKING FIRED BOB
40 MILLION FUCKING DEUTSCHMARKS

And yet there are still at least half a dozen ways we can measure its quality.
Critical reception, audience reception, peer reception, box office gross, awards, longevity.

Some dick standing alone saying a movie is good while the rest of the world laughs at him, without even offering his own thoughts on the film, isn't a subjective reviewer. He's just an infant.

Why would I care about IMDB ratings?

Are your favourite films Citizen Kane and Shawshank Redemption just because some critic said they were good?

/armond/ general?

This right here.

Hand on heart, it'll be regarded just as well as Brazil in 20 years.

Favorite moment: The party where everyone is experiencing the scene through their phones.

No, of course not. And Citizen Kane is a very poor example because it received extremely mixed reviews.

What I've said, and I'm running out of different ways to say it, is that films can have objective flaws (continuity errors, plot holes, CGI far behind its competition) and to state that you've read the reviews that pan the film, that delve into it and detail exactly what's wrong with it, and then to say "nup, doesn't matter, my mind is already made up" is fucking retarded. You can still enjoy the movie, absolutely. It can even be your favourite film of all time. But to say "I still think it's a 10/10" is the most infantile, tantrumatic expression of one's opinion you could possibly come up with.

What on Earth is the point of discussing film at all if you're not going to allow other opinions any consideration?

Again, if you bothered actually giving reasons for your ratings, that'd be something we could chat about.

And the critics on imbd and rt are by and large totally unqualified to comment in any objective capacity and write review after review of lame brained pop politics and "vibes" so why should I care?

>this is a plot hole
>you're unqualified so it's not a plot hole

>objective
Films are art.
Art is subjective.

Moron.

More like
>this film reminds me of the Holocaust because it's boring and gay

Came here to post this.
I preordered the extended edition, it's going to be a literal 11/10.

It's The Thing all over again. In 20 years MoS and BvS will become cult classics.

I liked Dune a lot and think it was the best that could realistically be done with the series.

I really like Dune, but am fully aware of its flaws. imo it could have been done a lot better and was held back by Lynch's inexperience at the time as well as studio pressure.

The worst part for me is the acting. Dune had an amazing cast but the actors seem confused and their chemistry is awkward

Tuff Turf.

Its the 80's faggots.

10/10

Exactly. This. On of the most underrated movies. People will write books about this one in 10+ years

I love Toys and always have, it genuinely has some of the best visuals of the 90s.
Literally the only problem with it for me is the sea-slug which feels like something from another movie and doesn't fit in at all.

9/10

Arnold needs more movies where he isn't ACTION MAN.

Mystery Men.

Small Soldiers.

Well, maybe Small Soldiers isn't 10/10, but it's a creative spiritual successor to Gremlins.

Nigga, shut up.

Came here to post this, literally one of the funniest comedies ever made, its utter dedication to being the stupidest movie ever filmed is admirable

he hasn't posted in like two hours

I never understood how people didn't get this. It's funny as hell.

No, this was shit.

have you watched the directors commentary?

every shot in that movie is based off of an iconic shot from another movie.

Better than Fury Road.

Episode 1 The Phantom Menace

I wont say a 10/10 but it's a solid 8 or 9/10

youtube.com/watch?v=Dc0_zXwAHj8

This is true. Op should have posted "Movies panned by critics but you love anyway"

Why didn't they just join an Amish community? Wouldn't it be easier than making a fake everything?

YOU WANNA FUCK ME FREDDY? WELL FUCK ME FREDDY, FUCK MEEEEEE!

Do the Amish accept converts?

Also the community was what, 50-100 people? They'd probably think they were up to something

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves

Rickman is objectively a 10/10 villain. The rest is laughable (though not meant to be), but the plot and pacing are so entertaining that it remains an awesomely hilarious movie.

Fuck yes this one, I'm honestly a sucker for Kevin Costner as well, he's damn good in Dances with Wolves and Bull Durham

Critics are bad at appreciating schlocky adventure films.

This is in my all time Top 10, no fucks given.

This is the only one I agree with.

They do
but you have to put your fair share of hard work for it.
The community in The Village were liberal professors, so I doubt they would've agreed with some of the tenants of the Pennsylvania Dutch. Amish are like orthodox protestants.

Every time people post Blackhat, and every time I ask what the fuck am I missing. Seriously, why does Sup Forums like this flick?

Agreed. Not sure if 10/10 but definetly enjoyed them.

this movie is great. the antagonist announcement of the commandments really stuck with me

Sup Forums already loves mann, so theres that.

I thought BH felt a lot like mann's other crime movies. Did you like those?

best william defoe role

Public Enemies may be the only one I've seen, and I thought it was fine. I liked it better than Blackhat certainly.

Constantine.

I can watch that movie at any given time. I love it. It may have been a shit adaptation of the comic but the movie was and remains a great time.

Yeah I could understand why Bh might be hit or miss. I think its a unique tone we can only see in action movies if we're watching Mann. Not a big deal though, Bh is far from his best.

CHANGE THE CHANNEL!

YOU GOT....PAID?!

Possibly my favourite movie.

just rewatch it, having in mind the direction, the rythm, and how the main character is like jesus christ, he was right about taking a supermodel as a hacker, it looked dope af

If anyone else in this thread has seen it please tell me I'm not mental. I have seen the royal Shakespeare society perform at Stratford-on-Avon, and I still think this is the best modern adaption of shakespeare. Fuckin fite me lads.

>tfw there is shit everywhere

this

absolute bro right here

remember, chicks are for fags

I don't consider it a 10/10 but I have literally no idea what everyone's problem with this movie was

The only funny part in that movie, but it's one of the funniest parts of the Dumb and Dumber franchise desu.

Amazing sci-fi concept that I loved but so poorly executed. This movie would have been great if not directed by the shittiest teenage-tier directors and was better written as well. Michael C. Hall was pretty cool.

fpbp

>kino
Kill yourself you dumb fucking piece of shit.

kill yourself

You know the rules.