Now that Ghost in the Shell is in production and with video game movies failing are anime adaptions the next big thing?

Now that Ghost in the Shell is in production and with video game movies failing are anime adaptions the next big thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-27/one-piece-film-gold-gets-biggest-opening-for-japanese-films/.102583
variety.com/2015/film/news/minions-billion-worldwide-box-office-1201580727/
rottentomatoes.com/m/771443757/
escapistmagazine.com/news/view/131872-Hayao-Miyazaki-Anime-Suffers-Because-the-Industry-is-Full-of-Otaku
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'd watch an anime adaption of Ocean's 11.

Anime is the vidya of television and film.

Neither will ever reach the levels of or be adapted into kino.

Kino means cinema. That's all it means.

Anime is really more the flash based video of the internet

Rather than the vidya of tv

No but Boardgame kino will break the mould and everyones minds!

Anime is cartoons. That's all it means.

Will we ever get a live action adaptation of LOGH? Who would you cast?

>Reinhard - Leonardo DiCaprio made to look younger through advanced makeup techniques
>Schenkopp - George Clooney
>Reunthal - Ben Stiller
>Mittermeyer - Owen Wilson

Congratulations retard.

Kino has been adopted by this online community to mean a film of quality or worth.making retarded statements like that only shows you as an outsider.

weebshit will never be weebkino though

Like battleship did.
Or Clue.

live action watamote when?

Anime and cartoons are two different forms of animation.

I've been here long before the kino meme.

Oh god, we've got a triggered weeb who's too good to use new memes...

I don't mind anime, as long as it stays away from a japanese high school, 10,000 year old lolis, ayyy lmao "cute" girls doing "cute" things or "something a man does but replace it with lolis and make it retarded". Basically, 99% of modern anime is fucking garbage.

you just have shit taste senpai

99% of all anime was always garbage

plebber detected

I'm not a weeb, and just because you come up with le funny meme doesn't mean everyone has to find it funny too.

>Basically, 99% of modern anime is fucking garbage.
>99% of all anime was always garbage
Meme.

The scope is just so fucking huge, it's literally an epic

I could see the fassman as mittermeyer tho

No one said it was funny you weeb autismal in denial. But to try and lecture us in its proper use only makes YOU look retarded.

And no, opinions other than yours aren't memes you fucking spastic.

I'm not a weeb or autistic or in denial.

>But to try and lecture us in its proper use only makes YOU look retarded.
You're not using the word properly.

>And no, opinions other than yours aren't memes you fucking spastic.
I never said they are.

That pic has me thinking about all the great lolis anime movies would produce

>The scope is just so fucking huge, it's literally an epic
You could easily produce it with CGI, since like 70% of the show's runtime takes place inside spaceships. They'd probably cut out atleast 20 anime episodes worth of stuff in total.
>I could see the fassman as mittermeyer tho
He'd be great, but I cast Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller as Mittermeyer and Reuenthal because it'd be easy for them to act as if they're friends like Mittermeyer and Reuenthal are, since they're already friends

Let me guess, if I call you a weeb again, you'll ask me to prove it, right weeb?

We are using the word kino properly. Its slang used here. Are you retarded? Why can't you grasp that?

Read your own posts faggot, ypuaccused two people with a different opinion to yours to be memeing. You need to go back. And I don't mean to Reddit. I mean to the oblivion of pre existence. KYS weeb.

Fuck, I got confused, I meant oberstein as fassbender

Agree 100% for stiller plus wilson, they would really sell that camaraderie

>anime will never reach levels of kino

Anno would like to have a word with you

Fassbender could totally pull off the "I need to take a shit but i can't"-face Oberstein has on all the time

When you make accusations you are expected to prove them, yes. That's how things work. So do you have evidence to show that I'm a weeaboo?

>We are using the word kino properly. Its slang used here.
It started as a joke, then people here promptly forgot it was a joke and started to think it really is an established term that means movies that are superior to mere "cinema." It's not slang, it's people being stupid.

>Read your own posts faggot, ypuaccused two people with a different opinion to yours to be memeing.
Because they posted memes.

>Its a term prop!re adopted contrary to its original meaning.
Like I said weeb, its slang.
No cunt, they posted their opinion.

Seriously. Kill yourself. You have nothing to exist for.

Oh shit, sorry, I need to prove you're a set of genitals before I call you a cunt right weeb?

>thinking weeaboo means someone who watches anime
All weeaboos are anime watchers but not all anime watchers are weeaboos.

>Like I said weeb, its slang.
It's meme garbage that drops your IQ by 1 every time you use it. If people didn't use it they would have to actually explain and justify things instead of saying "this is kino" or "that isn't kino" or "that can't be kino."

Where's your proof that I'm a weeaboo?

>No cunt, they posted their opinion.
They posted memes.

You actually can be a weeaboo without watching anime, but it's probably rare.

>You actually can be a weeaboo without watching anime
I've never heard of a non-anime watching weeaboo

>I don't like it so its stupid
Wow, you're a dumb cunt weeb.

>thread about movies
>rebbit user who's asshurt about anime derails it

I watched Dragon Ball Z when I was 12 and liked it. Don't really watch anything else. Not a weeaboo.

A weeaboo is basically someone who has an unrealistic, idealized view of Japan and thinks that anything Japanese is always better than anything Western. So it doesn't require watching anime.

By your own definition, you proved it here Weeb.

You prove you aren't.

Anime is for film what comics are for literature. Sure there are comisc like Watchmen or Sandman, but most of it is still garbage.

How did I prove it there?

>You prove you aren't.
The burden of proof is not on me.

Meme.

>Meme
Fact. Even the Japanese don't take anime seriously.

You're user. No one can prove shit about you.

So yeah, if it really matters that people call you a weeb, prove you aren't.

Don't bother, this weeb is retarded.

That's also a meme. For example:
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-27/one-piece-film-gold-gets-biggest-opening-for-japanese-films/.102583

And if they don't take anime seriously, then how does the anime industry as we know it even exist in the first place?

If you can't prove I'm a weeaboo then stop accusing me of being one.

>So yeah, if it really matters that people call you a weeb, prove you aren't.
The burden of proof is not on me.

Where's your proof that I'm a weeaboo? Or retarded?

A standalone adaption of Overture to a New War would probably work

Maybe add some stuff in from Sea of Stars at a push

Dude, its OK to be a weeb. But if it really matters so much to you to prove you aren't, then prove it. The truth is, that every time you say "no, you prove it" it just looks like you're in !massive denial. You know we can't prove shit, so you feel safe. Truth is that you still look like a weeb. A desperate one at that. Prove to us you aren't, because unless you're retarded, you know we can't prove shit about you.

Except that you're on here an awful lot. Always making the same weeb arguments in the same weeb threads. You're recognised all the time and it triggers the fuck out of you. Its pathetic.

They don't take it seriously as a medium of artistic expression.

>One Piece is popular
variety.com/2015/film/news/minions-billion-worldwide-box-office-1201580727/

Your point?

What videogame movies failed?
Angry birds did very good
Hardcore Henry (not based on a game, but come on it was basically an fps) made profit
Warcraft got critically panned but critics are blaming white male nerds and refuse to learn the source material. China however loves it and it broke a bunch of records already. And it hasnt even opened in the US yet.
Maybe try again.

>anime inspired by Western fiction
>Cowboy Bebop, Lain, GitS

>anime inspired by Japanese fiction
>moeshit, harem and ecchi

Why are the Japanese so uncreative?

>you have to learn the lore for the film to be good
That's not indicative of a good film.

>critics are blaming white male nerds
For what?

You forgot LOGH

not that guy but from what i read, some of the criticism revolves around it being nothing more than a huge wankfest pandering to the fans of the game

Well, it's also inspired by Western fiction.

The burden of proof is not on me. Since you're accusing me of being a weeaboo, you must prove I am one. That's how this works whether you like it or not.

Do you think you could accuse someone of theft, and then argue in court that since you can't prove the accusation the accused should therefore have to prove his innocence? Are you that stupid?

>You're recognised all the time and it triggers the fuck out of you.
No, you get triggered because you recognize me. If the concept of anonymity and disposable threads bothers you so much, maybe Reddit would be a more suitable place for you?

>They don't take it seriously as a medium of artistic expression.
Both Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away won the Oscar equivalent of Best Picture.

>variety.com/2015/film/news/minions-billion-worldwide-box-office-1201580727/
What does Minions have to do with this?

You have no idea what you're talking about. The aforementioned Mononoke and Spirited Away for example are based on Japanese history and culture.

If that were the case you'd be aware of its origin

>muh western fiction

moe and sol is the only thing anime does better than any other medium

it is patrician anime

Literally an anime adaptation of a book written by a jap

>You must prove I'm a weeb.
I direct you to every thread you posted in.
And no buddy, others recognise you. I'm not sure who you think I am, but you've obviously had this before. I wonder why...

>Sure there are comisc like Watchmen or Sandman, but most of it is still garbage.
Mononoke and Spirited Away don't make all anime good or mature.

>Oscar Equivalent
In an anime award. Well done.

Congratulations. You can cite one or two rare exceptions. The vast majority of anime is trash, and this comparison is most definitely accurate

I wanna see fmab.
Pokemfailallready allready

Do you really not grasp he was pointing oiut popularity doesn't equal quality and he was using moinions to illustrate that...? Are you actually developmentally challenged?

He already covered that.
Slang confuses and angers him so he calls it stupid.

A book where the main character is called Reinhard von Lohengramm.

Japanese as fuck.

Japs have all been Krautaboos since WW2.

But I am.

>I direct you to every thread you posted in.
I direct you to go through those threads, cite posts supposedly indicating that I'm a weeaboo and explain how they prove I'm a weeaboo.

>And no buddy, others recognise you.
What about it?

Nobody claimed that all anime is "good" and "mature."

No. I said Best Picture, as in the best movie of the year. Japan did not create a separate category for animation until 2007.

>Congratulations. You can cite one or two rare exceptions.
There are many more than that. You just don't know what you're talking about because you have barely any knowledge of anime.

>The vast majority of anime is trash
Meme.

What does the idea that popularity doesn't equal quality have to do with what we were talking about?

>Slang confuses and angers him so he calls it stupid.
I never said this.

>anime isnt as good as muh western media

come on, western media is just as shit as everything else and its only getting shitter

all visual media is kids stuff with no depth compared to literature anyway

Hush weeb, you're shitting up the thread with your autismal bilge.

This does not justify you watching trash movies and anime that made for kids and teens

Most anime audience are girls. Females have too low IQ to appreciate real art

>I know when Japan made animation as a category in a Japanese awards ceremony.
>But I'm totally not a weeb guise.

>This thread
>Some sperg furiously defending his 'kino' meme
Truly patrician

If you only care about "depth" then you should be reading philosophy, not fiction.

Where's your proof that I'm a weeaboo? Where's your proof that I'm autistic? How am I shitting up the thread?

Most anime viewers in Japan are male.

How does that make me a weeaboo?

Replying to a point with the word "meme" isn't an argument. In fact it's pretty much an admission that you have no idea what to say.
>There are many more than that
Yeah and most if not all are Miyazaki films, and his opinion on anime is the same as mine - the large majority of it is trash

Anime isn't as good as film. It doesn't matter if it's American, European or Asian.
Maybe it can compete with Sub-Saharan cinema, but I'm not sure.

>all visual media is kids stuff with no depth compared to literature anyway
People who say this usually don't know much about film or literature.

No really, hush.
You are bringing nothing of value.
I guess that's not new to you.

Maybe he just looked it up using google?

Every time you post you make it more obvious that you're a weeb. I'm guessing you're also a teenager

>anime is for kids

>brb got to post in the GOT thread

GOT is literally a lowtier anime and the most popular western show

checkmate

>video game movies failing

rottentomatoes.com/m/771443757/

I seem to recall him saying he was 36 before now.

Using a meme as a substitute for a point isn't an argument. In fact it's pretty much an admission that you have no idea what to say.

>Yeah and most if not all are Miyazaki films
There are many anime besides his that are based on Japanese history, culture, literature and society.

>and his opinion on anime is the same as mine - the large majority of it is trash
He never actually said that, you know. It was photoshopped.

Yes, I'm sure Human Centipede is so much better than Spirited Away.

I didn't start this, so you're complaining to the wrong person.

Prove that I'm a weeaboo. Prove that I'm a teenager.

I agree. Why did you assume I watch Game of Thrones?

I don't know. I don't watch that naruto garbage

>GOT is literally a lowtier anime
I'm not even a fan and I can tell you that GoT is easily better than 95% of all anime.

You need to stop typing kid.

I guess a few threads from now I'll be 41 years old.

If it has rape and gore and shocking plot twists, it's gotta be good.

>If you only care about "depth" then you should be reading philosophy, not fiction.

fiction is philosophy

eh cinema isnt that good, name quality films of the last five years, ill wait

people who say that are usually literature elitists who read shitloads actually ;)

escapistmagazine.com/news/view/131872-Hayao-Miyazaki-Anime-Suffers-Because-the-Industry-is-Full-of-Otaku

its not

anyone who thinks GoT is even watchable at this point is a 100% confirmed pleb whose opinions are worthless

Meme.
Photoshopped meme.
Not a weaboo.

GOT isn't watchable and it is a pile of shit.
Yet it IS still better than 95% of most anime.

this. the amount of expository monologue anime has is disgusting. that alone makes it unwatchable garbage.

Are you having a bit of a meltdown?

>fiction is philosophy
So what you mean to say is that philosophy is too hard and boring for you, and you'd rather read fiction.

He doesn't know anything about otaku or modern anime.

I never said that article is a meme or fake. I said the GIF where he says "anime is trash" is photoshopped, and it is.

Try again.

>name quality films of the last five years, ill wait
Why? You obviously don't care about it.

Otaku =/= weeaboo. Otaku is someone who's very obsessed with anime, a weeaboo is someone who's very obsessed with japan