Find a flaw

Find a flaw.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2NjSPKxt4ts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Disney

Daisy

Glib facsimile

Production values not as high as prequels.

If the movie was memorable enough it I'd post them.

episode 1 was better

Not enough Jar Jar.

>Luke wasnt even in it
>bland soundtrack
>carrie fisher is a junkie
>Rey picks up a lightsaber and 30 seconds later can defeat a Sith Lord

unimaginative, bland, opens the door to even worse sequels.

It made me nostalgic for Lucas's shitty prequels.

one of the main characters is a nigger.
/thread

the Xenomorph jumps into the Millennium Falcon and can instantly fly it better than Han Solo

overrated capeshit, not even as good as decade defining movies/series/phenomenons

No good lightsaber fights like the Maul one or Anakin vs Obi-Wan.

I watched it for the first time yesterday. I can't get over how overpowered toothgirl is. The chimp's comments broke immersion, because I couldn't remember some ghetto trash in the original trilogy. "HURF JU SEEN DAT?" - yes I have, I don't need you to reinforce what my eyes just witnessed on the screen, Finn.

C3PO is still in this.

There was natural, flowing, good dialogue.

Which put me off because I thought I was watching Star Wars.

He wasn't a Sith Lord

Rey.

It's not memorable in the slightest.

Everything

All of it.

no women of color

It's Episode IV with a re-skin.

Too many niggers, emo's, Mary Sue's and teenagers.
Other than that, not a bad watch.

a soccer ball for a droid

worthless tripe made only to sell toys to kids and fedora wearing manchildren

this, it's generic as fuck

Too similar to 4.

Blatant rehash
Unremarkable soundtrack
Forced diversity
Marketing to girls
MaRey Sue
Disney

And those are only a few

best one in the series tied with V, although that's not saying much

/thread

It isn't Star Wars, it's some STAR WARS™ by Disney™ shit

3 > 5 > 6 > 1 > 4 > 2

>Unremarkable soundtrack
Holy shit. If that ain't the truth then I don't know what is.
Never during the film did I ever even realise there was a soundtrack because it was so damn dull.

My master, Sauron the Great, bids thee welcome.

It had minorities and whatnot that make you unable to bash it without being called racist/sexist.
Also its star wars so cash would be supreme no matter how shitty it would be

the old lady minion nigger doesn't count

This is the crux of it, really. People already decided that Disney was some evil company that was going to milk Star Wars to death, so they didn't care about the actual quality of the movie.

Fun fact: George Lucas was more of a moneyminded jew than the actual jews at Disney, and you would know this if you actually knew anything about Star Wars' production.

I'd take George's vision of Star Wars over Disney at any day, shill.

This. Dear god, why do they have to repeat everything thats on screen. I remember vaguely a dogfight scene when one of the main characters goes 'awesum!'
Yeah, if you keep yelling it the audience will believe it.

You never seen quints before boy? Jesus..

>quality of the movie.
haha good one :^)

The same one that gave you the special editions and the prequels?

It's funny how so many people bought into the lie that George was some kind of auteur and not the exact kind of executive in the suit that he rallied against

I was really exited about it but when the final product was delivered it was just that, a product, seemingly devoid of soul in several departments.

I don't care about special editions, you can still find versions you liked in the first place.

But I don't need """new""" remakes disguised as new episodes.

There's nothing memorable about it, They should have at least put some effort into the soundtrack

not enough quips

>you can still find versions you liked in the first place.

Oh yeah, on VHS or a shitty laserdisc transfer to DVD which they only made a few thousand copies. George had actively suppressed the original versions, he even refused to give the Library of Congress a print of the movie for preservation in the film registry. Illegal bootlegs like despecialized shouldn't have had to be made in the first place, and the fact that Lucasfilm never went after them shows how many people think George is in the wrong on this matter.

>But I don't need """new""" remakes disguised as new episodes.

Ah yes, the "prequels were original!!!11!!" meme.

Ten bucks you complain about how similar TFA is to ANH yet at the same bitch it isn't EXACTLY like ANH

>it isn't EXACTLY like ANH
Stop projecting, I've never wanted new SW films to be like OT. Many people want new content and not a nostalgia rehash, but Disney doesn't care about that. So do I about their "SW" flicks.

>le eeeeevul jews!!!!11!!!!

that's pretty much what your argument is coming down to. Seriously, you can't stop talking about how evil Disney is.

They made a 4 rehash, they're not the good guys that's for sure.

If George hadn't fucked up the entire prequel trilogy they wouldn't have needed to make a movie solely dedicated to reminding people what Star Wars is really about. Even so, TFA has plenty to offer if you can engage with the movie beyond the surface level and not get triggered by a droid holding a McGuffin and an X-Wing. It's a story about legacy and how the old generation influences the new.

So are you on the D's payroll or what? Anyway. TFA didn't remind anyone of what SW really is about. All it did was to try to emulate what Star Wars was but failed miserably in the story department and totally botched the action department. There was constant action, things blowing up left right and centre every 10 minutes or so. That caused me to sort of zone out after half the flick. Add a dull soundtrack to that and you get yourself a boring flick with nothing new to deliver.

>So are you on the D's payroll or what?

Again, you keep showing that you're just mad about le evul disney jews and you're not even trying to contain your autism

>TFA didn't remind anyone of what SW really is about

You know, except the unanimous critical and audience acclaim. And before you go "hurr durr popularity=/= quality!" You're the one who made the claim that no one liked it, so fuck off

>failed miserably in the story department and totally botched the action department.

According to you, but prequel shills' opinions aren't worth shit so w/e

>There was constant action, things blowing up left right and centre every 10 minutes or so

That's pretty much Star Wars nigger. What, should Richard Chew and Marcia Lucas kept that scene in ANH where Biggs and Luke talk about imperial collectivization of moisture farms just to slow the pace for no reason? fuck off

>movie solely dedicated to reminding people what Star Wars is really about
If that was the intention then they did a pretty shit job, even the prequels are memorable even if they are mostly shit.

no story, no motivation for the main character to be there

>There's nothing memorable about it
Han died.

I should have added I'm not that guy you were pootin about with earlier.
Anyway, onwards and up.

>D's payroll comment.

Its a joke you goob. The way you wrote that post made you seem like one.

>TFA SW reminder

As I said earlier in this post, not him but I will make the claim that critics don't know shit since this flick is rated so high and anyone that's watched the OT will know that this TFA is about as far away as Star Wars as you could get if you tried to make a SW movie.

>story ect.

The prequels at least had new proper stories instead of regurgitating the same old death star but bigger act.

>high octane action every 10 minute is somehow star wars

And that is where you lost all credibility. Star Wars IS fantasy action but TFA took the action from 7 up to 11 and that made it seem like some generic action flick set in space. A SW movie would unwind from the action and the hectic cuts and allow the audience to calm down but TFA just throws it all at you. Die Hard 4 suffered the same problem. Whenever there was action it had to be cranked to 11.

did anything even happen in this movie?

death star v3 got blown up

han solo dies

everything happened in like a day

not really no. other than what and said.
although if you want to see a death star explode then go for episode 4 since it actually has a suspenseful lead up to the destruction of the station.

So did ANH, who cares

the entire new republic got destroyed
in a second, with no build up or effect on anyone

It's generic crap, already forgotten.

Fuck off JJ

it actually made me appreciate how cool the fucking prequels were in comparison

I mean all the spintowins aside, those lightsaber battles in the prequels were pretty tits

Kylo Ren being such a pussy public shcool toast rack for the prefect.

Rey develops powers as the plot demands, which destroys any sense of tension you have in her fights.

The film pays too much homage to the OT, making it feel masturbatory rather than creative.

J.J. doesn't understand how space works, which leads to a lot of silly things that ultimately bring down the movie. He did the same things in Star Trek. Force the man to watch Cosmos or something. Sheesh.

>He should watch Cosmos to get a better understanding.

Frankly, even H2G2 would give him a greater understanding of space than what he has now.
youtube.com/watch?v=2NjSPKxt4ts

>J.J. doesn't understand how space works
so you saying planets can't turn into stars?

If rumor holds true, then it's shit because of what the sequal will be.

Which rumour?

That rey is the child of the force like anakin, and that there are many "chosen ones" because the force makes a new one every time it needs to.

introductions felt rushed and awkward
scenes at orange ladies place felt too chopped up
major lul at end of 2nd act/beginning of 3rd act
played it too safe

That's still a lot tamer than my standing theory of Rey literally being the Force itself.

Just watch it. They won't be able to help themselves. Rey will be the Light Side, and Snoke will be the Dark Side, with Angst Solo caught in the middle. during the third movie.

ugly leads

While both would be extremely bad, the real problem with the multiple chosen ones thing is that it retroactively ruins both lucas' meticulous following of cambell's monomyth, reduces the importance of anakin, and generally just shits up everything in regards to bith the established universe, it's lore, and the two previous trilogies.

It's fake.

It basically introduces Jurassic Park rules to Star Wars.
>"The Force -uh- Finds a way!"

>Rey literally being the Force itself.
I wouldn't mind this.

While the actual nitty gritty details most likely are, let's be honest, would anyone put it past them to do something like that or this
And they'll have to do something along the same lines if they want to have any advancement with rey. That's really the problem with writing a charecter that's "THE BEST EVAR!!!!1!", in order to have any form of progression they have to keep getting more powerful. Very few series have ever been able to have a charecter that begins extremely powerful, and is able to devolp and remain interesting without reaching bullshit levels.

Rey being good at everything. Hopefully Rian can salvage her character.

It's not a movie, it's a meta-creation of pop culture references, nostalgia pushing, virtue signalling and agenda setting designed to sell bad toys and worse ideas.

It's a not a movie, it is the Pepsi Classic of movies. A rebranding, retooling and reselling of an old product.

Just abandon all hope. Very few writers can save a mary sue from becoming pure bullshit, and none of them can do it while also keeping a movie full of action and stop it from becoming a lot more deep than what will work for mass appeal.

>And they'll have to do something along the same lines if they want to have any advancement with rey. That's really the problem with writing a charecter that's "THE BEST EVAR!!!!1!", in order to have any form of progression they have to keep getting more powerful. Very few series have ever been able to have a charecter that begins extremely powerful, and is able to devolp and remain interesting without reaching bullshit levels.
Yeah, basically.

Any example of a Rey-like chracter I can think of is either gets overpowered to the point of it being a running gag, or is in large part just a hollow shell like some renditions of James Bond.

This might be my inner fa/tg/uy talking, but what really bothers me about this reboot, is that the original played out like a really great table top campaign.
Sure the characters got set up with a bit of plot convince by the Force, but generally every one of their actions was their own decision. Everything they did grew organically.
Han didn't want to risk his neck for some princess, but Luke who saw someone crossed like he was, convinced him leaning to his characteristic greed.
Everything plot movement built on who the characters were.

Rey is just an anti-macguffin at this point who wants to get off the ride, but the force/fate keeps her on it against her will.

This shit will probably continue in the sequels with the characters being drawn along on a leash by the plot, and that generally only works in sarcastic parodies.

you mean shit-skin

>This might be my inner fa/tg/uy talking, but what really bothers me about this reboot, is that the original played out like a really great table top campaign.
I'm also a fa/tg/uy, and honestly I think the real problem is the same one that causes problems in the black library horus heresy series: the new triolgy is just to damn close and involves too many important people from the old series that it just makes it impossible to not fuck it up. Like the ideas that people used to have about the primarchs and the emperor which were then shattered by black library basically depicting them all as pants on heads retarded, we already have ideas and an understanding of the characters from the original six movies, and by bringing them back out understanding and the symbolic meaning is disturbed. Luke, for instance, is a the classic hero from monomyth, and by bringing him back disney risks undoing lucas' hard work to depict that.
They should have left it alone, like what Tolkien did when he decided to not write about what happened after lord of the rings and the story of Aragorn's line.

Watched it the other day and really wanted to give it a chance, watched it all and the scenes with Rey and Finn were just cringy. They really drilled it in from the start she was capable of taking care of her self even when offered assistance kept saying she could take care of herself.

She was flawless and came off arrogant. Finn's character from the start built from the ground up, you saw his conflict and could almost feel it too. Then he made his choices, he betrayed those he served with most of his adult life for what he believed what was the right thing to do. He continued to try to do the right thing, even when he got smacked down by Rey on Jakku and coming to the rescue to only find she'd escaped already.

One more thing really bothered me about Rey on Jakku, she had the piloting skills/engineering skills yet never before attempted to steal the Falcon to get of that piece of shit rock?

Everybody in that movie gave a terrible performance other than Harrison Ford and Oscar Isaac

fuck that thing. thats no r2d2. why do they try to do this kind of formulaic shit? "here is the new luke skywalker, notice how much better she is at everything" "here is the new soccer ball r2d2, notice how much better it is at everything" its like studio execs wrote the movie and not actual writers.

>One more thing really bothered me about Rey on Jakku, she had the piloting skills/engineering skills yet never before attempted to steal the Falcon to get of that piece of shit rock?
Not getting off the rock is kind of part of her motivation, but it's still so full of shit.

>Has legendary level engineering skills
>At a scrap yard
>Where there is a scrapyard, there is a market for scraps
>Where there is a market for scraps, there are engineers
>Where there are engineers, there are opportunities for engineers
If she was so damn intent on finding her parents, but didn't want to leave Jakku, why not just go to the nearest space port on her speeder thing, start fixing up ships like she can casually, save up some money and I don't know, pay a freaking bounty hunter or someone to track down information on the ship she remembers, and her parents.
Hell, least she could do is try and buy a beacon or something, so she doesn't need to personally sit in that stop every day.

Yet instead, she chooses to sit in a ditch and do nothing.

Everything. Even the fucking title is shit.

>If she was so damn intent on finding her parents,
When did she ever say this? Rey was waiting for them to come back.