What was the morale of the story?

What was the morale of the story?

That no matter how devout and pious you are, it won't matter because Satan will still fuck your shit up?

Wow what a positive Christian message.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=20bTD0F9S2M
independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-assures-atheists-you-don-t-have-to-believe-in-god-to-go-to-heaven-8810062.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is she human?

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. They took their piety a bit far.

The moral of the story is that when life deals you a shit hand, all you can do is make the concious descision to live deliciously

The moral of the story is made very clear.

Dat witch was spoopy

Goats are based is what it says. Also quit your dallying!

Moral of the story is do not fuck up with goats
I myself identify as a goat and I was offended #goatshaming

>no matter how devout and pious you are
But they weren't. They're all victims of the father's pride.

>What was the morale of the story?
If you conjure a goat to speak to you then don't be surprised if it replies.

That Americans were stupid even back then.

American Puritanism was a mistake.

>Back then
Kek

Always live deliciously!
Don't be a pious cunt!

The ass was fat.

If your sister has nice titties and you want to pork her, it IS her fault, that lewd slut.

come hither

Sometimes you need subtitles for a movie, even when they are speaking English.

Stay in England.

That you should reject religion and the patriarchy and become a strong independent woman who need no man except The Man and you get to see the world and put butter in your asshole and whatnot.

It's 'moral' you fucking uncultured swine

This

What does the title card say? "A New England Folktale". It's not meant to be ambiguous or complicated. Think of it like you're being told a story at bedtime or in a classroom. The movie has a very straightforward lesson.

What's the first scene in the movie? William think he's better and more pious than the village counsel, and says he's happy to be banished. This leads directly to his baby being kidnapped. He ignores this and ignores that his wife is beside herself with misery because of his actions.

The movie is mostly a catalogue of his lies and hypocrisy and how his poor example spreads to the rest of the family. He lies constantly, about the cup, about hunting, and encourages also his son to lie, even as he tells him to memorize how his soul is riven with sin. Even his baby is filled with sin, in his mind, yet the sin we witness is his constant hypocrisy.

Things spiral out of control. The children accuse each other, but only because they've learned how to lie for their own safety when convenient, and out of a sense of real danger that their parents will harm them if they're found to be consorting with the devil. They're right to turn on each other! It's only natural in a house as mad as this.

The father dies, killed by Black Phillip. Why does he accept his death? "Corruption, thou art my father".

And so Thomasine, left with nothing, turns to the only source of authority and shelter left to her: the evil present in the house. But they had every chance to turn away from evil, to scorn hypocrisy. They didn't.

So what's the moral of the story? False piety is no substitute for moral substance. Very straightforward, very unambiguous.

>So what's the moral of the story? False piety is no substitute for moral substance.
Actually it's "individualism is hard, just be a good little collectivist, no matter which side you're own but preferably feminist kthxbye :)".

>That no matter how devout and pious you are, it won't matter because Satan will still fuck your shit up

The Puritans did actually believe that. No one knew if they were really saved. God already chose who was saved. If you weren't the chosen and lived perfectly christian you may get lucky and receive mercy but probably not. It's why they were so fucked up mentally. And its probably why she joined the witches because she concluded hell was in her fate anyways might as well "live deliciously"

I was impressed how William goes into Calvinist theology in a bit of depth with his son in the movie. The whole idea of predestination meaning that they can't confirm whether the baby was saved or damned.

No, she is an angel.

>not wanting to live deliciously

it was driven by their own religious obsession and mania
they had left the village and moved into the woods because the father thought he knew best
pride goeth before the man
hubris
etc

>Threadly reminder that he lives more deliciously than you or me

Or.. you know.. it was just a story about a spoopy witch and you're over analyzing something with zero substance.

Sadly, a body double my dear...

I hope so, that's da devil right der

>We are ye servants
>We are ye men

Maybe read the post you're replying to you fucking imbecile

It's a very surface level analysis of a simple movie, explaining how simple it is. You're the idiot here.

Who else insta boner ?

Seemed like it was just a grim fairytale. The witches probably do this shit under the command of Satan in order to recruit more witches.

Goats are the devil and worshiping them will make your life hell
just ask moot

she'd already been eating the delicious butter

>Thomasine, left with nothing, turns to the only source of authority and shelter left to her:
Not to mention after even her family believed she was a witch what hope would she have wandering into a town she had been banished from claiming she was the last survivor of the witch? Best case scenario she is taken in by a family and enjoys a status slightly above slavery. More than likely she gets hung as a witch or driven from the town because they dont want her leading evil there.

MUH DICK!!!

yes, unlike you nigger

I think the story illustrates the way Satan corrupts and ultimately captures your soul. There was no big demon who slaughtered everyone just a prideful man who lead his family to downfall. But the end result is the same. Even better - Thomasine was left with no choice but to join Satan worshiping.

Post Thomasins!

wow her eyes are really far apart

gonna go sin to this image if you know what im sayin

Why is her ass never posted

It was a feminist movie

Moral? Message?

It's a story.

because it wasn't hers you cunt

If your creepy kids bring a black goat back home with them, burn them in the spot.

Also don't be a dick with the people of your community because they might exile you to some witch infected shithole.

fetal alcohol syndrome

So's the tip of my dick from the base of my dick.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGG

You don't have to be an alt-right faggot to see it had a feminist subtext you know

proof?

Why there was no incest?
I watched the whole movie waiting for some incest...

in the credits under thomasin body double. in the imdb. take your pick.

no she's an ayy lmao

It's sinful enough for a Calvinist to look at his sister's toppest of boob outline. You're a damn fool if you think there would be any sibling bonking in such a religious society.

You fucking Americans look weird as shit.

kinda looks like Björk in the hunter video.
welp, guess it's time to fap.

Ayy

>"baa"
What did he mean by this?

>What was the morale of the story
DUDE BLASPHEMY LMAO

It's a Russian Goat. It was trying to tell the family that the real threat was Baba Yaga.

ayy

If I watch this movie with a girl will it scare her enough for her to hold me for security

No. It's not all that scary.
The Conjuring 2's right around the corner. Take her to that instead.

Anglos are subhuman.

BEADY

I'm gay as hell but I still want to fuck her face off

Around blacks (even goats) never relax.

The VVitch?

More like The Virginal Vixen Itch.

This movie made me want to worship Satan for real

youtube.com/watch?v=20bTD0F9S2M

That's my "kill puppies for Satan" moment

same 2bh.

The reptilians are just a meme, they said...

I want to get naked around women too

independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-assures-atheists-you-don-t-have-to-believe-in-god-to-go-to-heaven-8810062.html

Daily reminder that satanists go to heaven

Why didn't she have hairy pits?

i want to know your opinion of the boy.
i figured when he came back and started talking about jesus, he actually became saved and was the only one to do so in his family.

also to mention why Jesus would kill him,
just to end his suffering really as his soul was becoming corrupt, i did like this movie btw

Because some people shaved, even back then. Even before that too.

It was very common for young girls to shave/pluck when they started to get hairy.

After having a couple of kids and having to do chores in the farm and house all day long, you don,t give a fuck about shit like that anymore. The mother must have been hairy as a goat.

>The mother must have been hairy as a goat.

A story (film, book, etc.) does not necessarily need a moral

I want to inseminate Thomasin desu

Mai VVitchfu

qt

>swn hex you so your dick bleeds to death
;_;