I'm a Radiohead Contrarian

The King of Limbs and Tomorrow's Modern Boxes are are two of my favorite releases associated with Radiohead, with the King of Limbs easily being my favorite. Amnesiac is right up there with these two. I'm honestly not even a huge Radiohead fan but The King of Limbs if quickly becoming one of my favorite albums released in the last five or six years.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EZl6BRY9IYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=QuCY7ldETM8
youtube.com/watch?v=HZd0K1KVyrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=D2084nQbmvk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes.
TKOL is the pinnacle of Thom's career.

TKOL is definitely an underrated album. I don't really rate it as highly as other radioread releases though
also, Amnesiac is my favorite radiohead album

TKOL is great

but if you prefer the second half of it, you're a pleb

No. It was the second album I listened to (first was In Rainbows, and I thought it was ok) and I didn't like it at all. I kinda enjoy it now.
Amnesiac is weak compared to most of Radiohead's albums but yeah, it's good.

Also, since this is a radiohead contrarian thread, the album I listen to the most is Hail to the Thief.

I felt more hype for TKOL than AMSP for some reason

Correct Opinion:

The first four songs are horrible. The last four are god tier

nah they're all great

Because TKOL came after In Rainbows...

Morning Mr Magpie is the best song in the album

songs I wouldn't mind listening to on a regular basis: decks dark, pyramid song, all I need, harrowdown hill, rat's nest.

this was mostly just 'okay', but Ingenue is a gem:

youtube.com/watch?v=EZl6BRY9IYQ

Bruh why everyone sleeping on Little By Little....

>radiohead thread
>no mention of OK Computer

That's the king, it doesn't even need to be said.

Between the Atom's For Peace record and TKOL there has to be one great album focusing on experimental rhythm but as it stands now we have two mediocre albums. Seems like Thom Yorke was really interested in looped rhythms during this time. This was also during the time that he was collabing with Burial and Flying Lotus and stuff. Seems like after TKOL he gave up on the idea because AMSP seems to go in a completely opposite direction.

TKOL is such a weird album because the whole rhythm concept is dropped halfway through. I wish they would have fully developed the concept throughout a whole record. AMOK is pretty good too but the songs feel undercooked. Like they stretched a few musical ideas way too far.

Pop is dead is the only GOAT Radiohead songs

youtube.com/watch?v=QuCY7ldETM8

This video was shot 30 minutes from where i live

ok

REKT

Yes, that is very contrarian... However!

Pretending to like something shitty because you want to seem different doesn't make you cool. TKOL is only tolerable if you listen to it in the background while you are doing something else, like folding laundry. Saw them in 2012 and most of their songs played were from TKOL. Disaster.

OP here what the fuck else is there to say?

hell TKOL is almost at that point as well

no one else seems to like Tomorrow's Modern Boxes though

I know it's not a masterpiece but it's pretty great imo

Best Atom's for Peace song coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=HZd0K1KVyrQ

TKOL is a 7/10 album that broke a then 6 album string of 8/10s. Perfectly good album, just not quite up to the band's established standard. It was subtly ambitious though, but even then AMSP's standout tracks took TKOL's ambitions and applied them more tastefully. Really, there's not a lot that TKOL can claim to excel in. I guess you can say it's the least explicitly depressing Radiohead album as the band's usual dose of neuroticism is heavily toned down on it, but otherwise not a lot else.

was it somewhere near oxford?

it's quickly becoming my favorite album of their's i wish i was better at expressing myself and explaining why :/

"High and Dry" was shot around 15 minutes from where I live. :^)

I didn't really care for the album until I heard the live versions, it just made the album kinda click hearing them in that context

youtube.com/watch?v=D2084nQbmvk

Might be the nature motif, or the particulary strong krautrock vibe. Possibly the latter as Amnesiac also has that going for it. Granted, every Radiohead album from OKC onwards can claim that as well but Amnesiac and TKOL really run with it.

Yeah, White Horse Hill.

I love that thom and flea are friends.