ITT

Rock has more artistic merit than hip hop and electronic music

of course it does, not really contravesial

>start thread about facts vs. "alternative facts" aka fictions
>gives example of facts vs. opinions
wew lad

>of course it does

but it does

>implying rock music cultivates more artistic experimentation than all electronic subgenres

If that's true then you also have to admit the fact that both classical and jazz have MUCH more artistic merit than rock.

just because it has more artisitic merit doesnt mean that there is more variation. but even so, there is more variation

Define the basis upon which rock music has more artistic merit.

Prove it

intuition

White artists
Real instruments

Obviously.

Okay.

>White Artists
Skin color has nothing to do with this
>Real Instruments
Pic related.

(Also I regret not putting this in the Blue-Core chart)

You have only defined a subjective means by which rock music has more artistic merit to you.

>Artistic Merit ranked from most to least

Western Art Music = White People Electronic Music
Jazz
Rock Music
Black People "body" music/Hip Hop/dub/whatever else black people made that has "muh beats" but just for dancing around like a bunch of monkeys

I'm not the only one who would unironically a Kelly, r-right?

Some electronic music is literally avant garde and classical/art music. Other electronic music is stupid club pop. So I don't see how you can generalize its artistic merit.

It seems like most of the most innovative prominent acts these days are rappers. I'm pretty sure in the future this will be remembered as hip hop's golden age.

I say this as someone who only cares about jazz (bebop), punk (crust, screamo), and some singer/songwriters, so I really don't give a shit about those genres.

I think you're right. Just look at how the grime scene has exploded in the last few years.

>real instruments

>"it doesn't take effort to make electronic music you just push buttons!"
>"it doesn't take effort to make guitar music you just pluck strings!"
Do you realize how retarded this is?

Is there a lot involved in live electronic music performance, including improvisations and interplay between musicians?

EDM is inherently incredibly obnoxious and formulaic corporate pop shit

House, techno, breakbeat, jungle, garage, grime, UK dubstep, juke/footwork etc. are all EDM.

Therefore house, techno, breakbeat, jungle, garage, grime, UK dubstep, are juke/footwork are all inherently incredibly obnoxious and formulaic corporate pop shit.

correct

yes, many dj sets and electronic concerts in general are highly improv based
you clearly have no idea what you're talking about

Yeah pressing a button takes the same amount of skill as playing a guitar well... You fucktard.