If you're autistic enough to let one side character (who is there to appeal to children) ruin a movie for you...

If you're autistic enough to let one side character (who is there to appeal to children) ruin a movie for you, then you are the problem.

You can go on about the scripts, directing and acting all day long but the people who complain about Jar Jar just feel like inbred man-children

>People literally think that Star Wars isn't made for kids

I never got the hate for Jar Jar. He's annoying, but so is everything else in that movie.
Fuck, C3PO always annoyed the shit out of me but I never complained like people do about Jar Jar.

Me neither. In about '04 I went on newgrounds and saw this game called "Kill Jar Jar" or something and you did just that, killed Jar Jar.
I had no idea why they had made that game because Jar Jar was an alright character to me.
Hell I didn't see the reason for the insane amounts of hate for Phantom either, I still don't.

I lov Jar Ja Binkz. He is da grtest characta in da whol entire word. I hop he stars in Mordcai 2 with Mortcai.Dat will be da best movi ever. I love u Mordcoi nd Jar Har Biks

Jar Jar isn't a side character though. He's in virtually every scene and a focus of the climax.

The audience is given no time to mourn qui-gon because not even 30 seconds after his death the movie cuts to Jar Jar minstrel antics on the battlefield.

I had the exact same reaction when I heard some people in the year above me at school talking about how much Jar Jar ruined the prequels. I just thought they were cynical assholes and I never realised that literally everyone hated him. Sure I don't find him that funny, but he's totally fine as a character.

>yfw Qui-Gon's death was still more impactful than Han's

The only impact that Han's death left me with was "Oh god I'm so happy Ford got his wish through"

Nice meme

What, you think no one gave a fuck about Han's death just because there wasn't a huge hamfisted funeral for him?

But Star Wars are children movies

This tbqh

Because it was directed horribly and had no weight to it.

>Chewbacca
>C-3PO
>R2-D2
That's three shitty side characters though.

>Chewbacca
>Phantom Menace

I never specified Phantom Menace. I was implying the original trilogy sucks too.

I like Jar Jar and I think he's a funny character.
Neckbeards incoming.

trips have spoken. jarjar confirmed for best star wars character

DUDE 420 LMAO

>horribly directed
>had no weight to it.

except that it's literally the culmination of Kylo Ren's internal crisis throughout the movie and the visual storytelling with the lighting is pretty damn cool

but whatever, keep memeing because you feel the need to be contrarian