Holy shit this is good

holy shit this is good
why do hipsters hate this again?

Because Fred Durst.

Imagine how different things would be if Durst had gotten into movies before music.

Coming from someone who was "Korn is #1" in my youth, it's their best album, just above Life is Peachy. It's meth incarnate, as is LiP.

Have you done meth?

Yes

Why did you do it?

What's it like?

Instrumentally it's cool, but it doesn't bode well that you can actually make out Davis' growls considering his lyrics are so teenage angst it's cringeworthy.

I HATE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU

Had some really low points early in my life, mom was a tweaker as well. Only did it a few times thank God. It's incredibly euphoric, nothing feels better physically, mentally or emotionally. Feels like you can conquer anything you do. Focus is at a 10. I see why people throw away their lives to it. For myself though, I could feel how unnatural it was, how artificial it was, much like mdma that way. The thought of "no one could ever feel this good naturally" which is a disconcerting thought for myself.

because it created nu metal

>because it perpetuated nu metal
ftfy

> mom was a tweaker
ah, that's tough. Good you didn't get too hooked, though.

Interesting point about its unnaturalness, though - the only drugs I've ever done are weed and adderall. I'm from Colorado, and I've done some ridiculously strong weed - I've hallucinated, puked, etc., but I actually really hate strong weed because it feels so unnatural, like there's this completely artificial sensation in me that isn't valid, so even if I'm smiling and it feels good and it feels like I'm happy, I don't actually feel happy, I just feel empty, and that emptiness is even more noticeable because of its contrast to the happy sensations the weed is giving me. I'm basically anti-drug at this point, though there are certain hallucinogens I would probably try if offered, like MDMA and DMT

I've only heard good things about this album. haven't tried it yet

>his lyrics are so teenage angst it's cringeworthy.
This is the exact reason

it's pretty stupid to dismiss music just because of the emotions it displays imo
it shows lack of empathy at least. which does not in fact mean you can only get into it if you're feeling angsty yourself
it's fair to criticize how those emotions are evoked but i think korn do it pretty much perfectly

Thanks bud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great way to live friend. I still smoke weed in the evenings, only flower, no concentrates, but that's all I do. I'd recommend giving hallucinogens a try if the opportunity arises, especially shrooms. Shrooms changed my life for the better from 1 very strong dose. Nothing you can hide from yourself on shrooms.

It's not because of the emotions displayed, it's how they're displayed. Sure I can empathise, but it's done in a way that lacks artistic merit. Perfect if you're a teenager or still in that place or not fluent in the language or something I guess. Linkin Park did the same thing perfectly as well, but they're not exactly writing nuanced poetry here.

no, i don't think nuance is always preferable over directness, especially not in nu metal, most forms of punk or what have you. i know one doesn't exclude the other but i also think song lyrics work differently from unaccompanied poetry and in a way where directness is preferable. i don't give a single shit about conceptions of artistic merit

Ya kidding me bro??

Numetal is getting hip as fuck in Oakland right now for some reason. This past weekend I was at the Ruby Room and Freak on a Leash came on.

Love them up to take a look in the mirror

The lyrics sucks

Seriously every fucking nu metal band except Deftones has shitty lyrics

>Seriously every fucking nu metal band except Deftones has shitty lyrics
>This

There was a harsh anti-numetal reaction that it took over 10 years to overcome in order to realize the merits of the genre.

hipsters don't like raw, unsophisticated emotion. it makes them feel juvenile.

I just picked up another copy of reanimation the other day after losing my old one. Still holds up imo

Not even really a KoRn fan, but I think Life Is Peachy is better than this and an overall really good album.

succinct

Of course, one of the main marks of a hipster is an aversion to anything that makes him or her feel honest feelings, because, as we all know, hipsterism is in essence is wanting to be something you're not

ergo hipsters are juvenile