Does old Sup Forums still visit? I don't mean 2014 Sup Forums

Does old Sup Forums still visit? I don't mean 2014 Sup Forums.
I mean old Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8AMAJLvdh6A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no i come from ed but i enjoy music

it's gotten to the point where you'll be hard-pressed to find someone from 2012 still browsing

Yeah I still come by when I miss shit.

I browsed briefly in 2009 right before mpp came out. The shitstorm from it is what made me move to other boards like /ck/ /fa/ and occasionally /lit/

Came here for the first time in 2010.

I miss the board infested with trips, it was great.

oldfag here (~2007 or so)

Stopped browsing Sup Forums alltogether for most of the past 10 years. Have some more free time with my current job, and honestly the rest of the internet is fucking boring, so I came back to this board.

2009 here.

Do you kids still like the Tool?

I'm here since 2010.
The board is still shit.

haha fuck yeah brother

funny thing is, I haven't been on in like a year and only recently came back.

browsing since 2011 though much less regularly these days

Came here last summer.
:^)

we have to go back

I liked it better when there weren't any generals

Does 2010 count?

Just filter the generals

Whoops meant for

By the way, does Sup Forums still does listenalongs?

I visit on and off. Just started to post more often again. It seems to be getting somewhat better.

>we have to go back
impossible

>By the way, does Sup Forums still do x good thing it used to do

no

why is that? is it just that there are more people or has the board really changed that much in some other way?

This seems like a pretty easy thing to bring back, it's a tiny change but I think people would be into it.

There was an user trying to push his listenalong app called juicebox.

listenalongs were the best :( i miss all the old camwhore trips too

There used to be a community. Now there is just memes.

Also the old guard, like me and the other trip/avatarfags are too caught up in memories/old music/old memes/whatever to really care or try anymore. Plus we're the minority now.

Hell, I remember when Hospice love wasn't ironic.

>>Hell, I remember when Hospice love wasn't ironic.
Thank christ for that honestly, i never got why people liked that shit

>There used to be a community.
This being the main issue. I remember coming home from work and checking Sup Forums to see if specific people were posting so we could chat. There was a sense of comradery. It's hard to build/sustain that now with how many people visit the board.

Not to mention all the chat/cam rooms.

I always had this romantic view of trips as a genuinely good thing for the board but after being here for a bit and seeing the way people turned montie and unty into memes I completely gave up on the idea of trying.

I like this board but I see little discussions just like this one pop up all the time and people ignore them, most of them don't want to improve the board.

I hate that people can't just say what albums they like most of the time, I almost talked myself into belling that I didn't actually like ITAOTS because of Sup Forums memes at which point I took a good long break from this place.

That sounds really cool, it reminds me of the internet I grew up with. E-friends are the best.

I tripped as roseanon in like, 2009. There were a couple of other lame tripfags back then that were called Xanon, like alice and katy.

But I don't come here much anymore.

2009 here. 2010 was the peak of my life and it's been downhill since then.

been lurking since 2007, OP.

I'm still here, brother. sadly...

2011 reporting in

I feel like I come back sometimes with this masochistic sense of curiosity. the memes make me feel hollow and I hate it.

on occasion there will be one or two threads on something I'm genuinely interested in and want to discuss, I have to consistently fight to keep alive. sometimes they stick around, sometimes they go, and the rest get meme'd into oblivion. :(

2011 is when I stopped posting here regularly. The Anti-Metal threads that year were awful..

When was the gore poster? I forget. That had to be before captcha.

Honestly, it's super hard to find here on Sup Forums anymore. I am a major player on reddit now, and the whole username cult of personality makes it a lot easier to make e-friends. Sometimes I miss the special vibe of a Sup Forums discussion, so I come back.

This is my first time tripfagging in over 3 years, but I remembered my tripcode password.

was posting here daily around like 2010-13 or so until i quit for a while

anyone here spend time on ILM? just curious... that's the other best music board in internet history (the velvet rope was shit)

with all due respect...
>I am a major player on reddit now

2009 here, 2011 was the golden age of Sup Forums after the 2008 collapse.

I never said I was proud of that. I just get my attention where I can. It's a much easier social system to game.

At least there are less tripfaggots now.
The only good tripfag is Witchfinder and even he abandoned us.

I've considered reddit a few times, the smaller communities seem cool and I have an account but I have never used it for anything.

Put your trip back on.

Is this even the real witchfinder? I don't remember the trip.

i come from the untian period

I barely get on Sup Forums in general. It's been years.

I think people underestimate how much this place can fuck up your life. I'm still a weirdo in the normie world

>tfw senpai noticed me
Why don't you make Sup Forums great again?

I'm not even sure whats happening here.

>Why don't you make Sup Forums great again?
Because I'd get banned.

I started browsing Sup Forums in 2012. I starting browsing Sup Forums in like 2008, but it was basically only Sup Forums and i quit from like 2010-2012ish

2013 Sup Forums work for ya?

Trips can be a genuinely good thing for the board, montie and unty being prime examples. Unfortunately they were turned into memes but they were divisive and opinionated and those are the two most redeeming attributes of any tripfag.

2011 Sup Forumstant here.

I still lurk and sometimes post.
My original trip has one of the highest postcounts of all time.

I hope he's doing alright and is happy

I hope he finally gets a gf someday

And I mainly stopped posting because the facist mods banned my original tripcode and were banning me for evey little thing I said.

This was during the heavy crackdown on tripfags and when they started hiring janitors and actual mods for the board.

Sup Forums was an actual community before the mods sterilized everything.

Sup Forums was always better off as the board no one (including moot) gave a fuck about or tried to bother.

>better off as the board no one (including moot) gave a fuck about
Yup

started around 2009/2010

Sup Forums was so fucking comfy
>those helpful trips
>the slowness of the board
>the mediafire sharethreads

that was the absolute shit

2011 man

>Fandroid

you're kind of a faggot but im just glad there's someone else out there who waifus janelle monae as much as i do

and i guess you made some good posts here and there over the years

I started here in 2011 and I don't even feel like I've been here very long. Time flies man, fuck

'06 oldfag here

git faaarken rekt, sprouts

i have been recently because my life took a turn for the worse but ill be back soon enough.

i urge you all to go kill yourselves

youtube.com/watch?v=8AMAJLvdh6A

This is pretty pathetic. Should probably leave but where can you go?

>i urge you all to go kill yourselves

wow rude

been here on and off for many years...

mid-2000's Sup Forums was the best Sup Forums... i used to dump a LOT of electronic in sharethreads as a trip

sorry pal

Been here since 2009. Doesn't feel good.

I miss those sharethreads the most.

>plentiful sharethreads
>knowledgeable tripfags
>genuinely funny/entertaining circlejerk threads
>actual music discussion outweighing shit flinging
>bros for life with Sup Forums

What more could you want?
RIP old Sup Forums.

/thread

too bad Montie is a sjw cuck in disguise

I've been here since 2012 and I'd consider myself new not old.
I just come here for sharethreads, jazz, classical and punk threads though.
Admiteddly the best albums I've gotten from sharethreads were from 2013.

Too bad shitposters from garbage boards found out about our un-modded paradise.

why the fuck are you still here. aren't you like 35 or something.
get a life.

On Sup Forums since roughly 2009. Sup Forums since late 2010.

>the day pitchfork gave MBDTF a 10
>2010 world cup on Sup Forums
>coupon threads on Sup Forums for free shit
>moot posts to laugh at before he went off the deep end

Was Sup Forums comfier then or is it just blind nostalgia?

forgot cross board parties too, those might still happen through I don't lurk as much now though

I started in 2012 right around the centipede hz hype

Sup Forums ebbs and flows but my favorite time was when mbv dropped out of nowhere

neo-Sup Forums is absolute shit

The board was definitely always shit but it was significantly better in the past, but so were all things on the Internet because we used to be the generation the Internet revolved around and now we are simply observers of a new generation that is significantly less creative

mediafire kicking the bucket really signaled the end of old Sup Forums. I really miss those niche, genre exclusive share threads.

I was around in '09 - '10. I lurk here occasionally. It's not the same anymore.

I've been around since 2009, shared thousands of albums since, don't know why I still bother coming. All I can say is that's it's shameful that other boards finally started spilling out into here now that it's less elitist.

>niche, genre exclusive share threads
this is the kind of shit we need back

Sup Forums was more comfy back then. I was there for all those moments. Sup Forums - Sup Forums parties were the funniest on the internet.

early 2011 Sup Forums here
Glory days to me:
>every other thread is about OFWGKTA or Death Grips
>disappointment over Goblin
>disappointment over The King of Limbs
>Lana Del Rey & Azealia Banks are contested queens of Sup Forums despite each artist releasing only one great song
>fuck and breed my tight muscled ass is a bon iver, bon iver meme for some reason
ahh those were the days

>still don't consider myself an oldfag

so true

piracy made Sup Forums worthwhile

First time here, do other people here like listening to other people scratching other peoples records?

One day I'm going to break into your house and scratch all yours turny.

Too late m8, all mine are fucked

I don't know why people brag about being here for a long time. It's depressing. I'm 28.

i remember gears and stuff. i mainly posted in the classical threads and briefly toyed with being a namefag (i like you :)) before dropping it if anyone remembers me
i hardly ever come here any more but i drop occasionally

gross

this board feels more like youtube comments section as a forum these days