Record Player

I am thinking of getting some vinyls, whats a good quality record player. money is no issue.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Sharp-RP-117-Both-Sides-Linear-Tracking-Turntable-with-Manual-for-Parts-/371847077355
youtube.com/watch?v=GgAUxJmh5uE
youtube.com/watch?v=RyFxrKX5Ztc
amazon.com/Denon-DP-300F-Automatic-Analog-Turntable/dp/B000FMNBXG
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

auto flip
laser needle

vinyls

A Crosley Cruiser would be a good start. It's cheap plus it has built in speakers if you don't have speakers set up yet and want to wait to get some

The best ones are the ones that play records, not vinyls.

ishygddt

Just get a lp120 I have one it works great

If money isn't an issue get a Pro-Ject Debut or something

ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Sharp-RP-117-Both-Sides-Linear-Tracking-Turntable-with-Manual-for-Parts-/371847077355

But i heard crosley ruins your vinyls

BUMP FOR LASER NEEDLES

Pro-Ject Debut Carbon is probably the best you can get for under $500 (they cost $399). I have one and it sounds incredible. Keep in mind you also need a good receiver and speakers to go with it, vinyl isn't a cheap hobby.

Crosley doesn't ruin your vinyls much, usually complaints I hear say that Crosley record players are just bad quality

Well that complaint is the tone-arm is too heavy and doesn't have a counter weight so it wears down the record faster. People exaggerate when they say it "damages" record though.

They sound like shit though.

if you have a good amount of money, get an audio technica. and yeah people do exaggerate about the damage but when it comes to vinyls you do need to watch out for damage more than say a cd or even a tape

youtube.com/watch?v=GgAUxJmh5uE

RIGHT NOW I'M USING A TECHNICS SL-6 THE LASER ONLY TRACKS HALF THE RECORD THEN STOPS IT WONT PLAY ANYTHING PLEASE HELP

I recommend buying the Crosley "cruiser"
youtube.com/watch?v=RyFxrKX5Ztc

what do you think about tecnics?

GOOD COMPANY IF THEY HAD AUTOMATIC TURNTABLES THAT DIDN'T DIE EVERY HALF YEAR

shit brand that made those ugly-ass DJ vinyl player, no wonder they died and came back a little

Is the LP-60 really that bad compared to the 120?

The 120 is a little out of my price range, but I'm not really looking for any fancy settings or shit like that. Just something that can play my records with some good quality.

Does it have auto-return>\?

If budget is a concern, have you looked for a used vintage turntable?

I don't even know where I'd begin to look for a used turntable, let alone a vintage one.

craigslist?

Nothing shows up on the craigslist for Melbourne, Australia.

lacks counter weight, anti skating, and upgradeable cartridge. the 120 would be better in the long run.
could also look into this one and it's on sale
amazon.com/Denon-DP-300F-Automatic-Analog-Turntable/dp/B000FMNBXG

Thanks for the link user, unfortunately it doesn't ship to Australia.

I'll look around for the same model on different websites, hopefully I can find one that's on sale for the same price.

i mean.. if you live in aus then obviously check gumtree not craigslist. do we even have craigslist here

Apparently so. I'll look on Gumtree though, don't know why I didn't think of that first.

Guys I have a pro-ject that made a scraping sound due to wrong counterbalance, now I adjusted the counterbalance and it doesn't make the noise anymore but could it still be damaging my records?
Help please

bump

Get a nice Yamaha amp and Hitachi turntable with autoreturn and you'll be pretty golden desu