ITT: we post pure Kino.

>Pi (1998)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CAEQuE-ygjA
youtube.com/watch?v=0ccB1KTzr9o
youtube.com/watch?v=lHXgNn18z90
youtube.com/watch?v=46crDdYw0Ck
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Seriously though, what is the difference between a kino and a movie?

Kino is Art.
Movie is some fun flick

Yesterday I was watching a directors roundtable that had Aronofsky in it, and he admitted to being embarrassed of Pi.

youtu.be/CAEQuE-ygjA

Best Score.

Normal Americans call it movie, normal Europeans call it film, autists call it kino. It's all basically the same thing.

It is a little pretentious, but I think that is what adds to the charm.

It's film student tier. Sure, for a first feature it's amazing, but compared to any of Arronofsky later work it's trash.

youtube.com/watch?v=0ccB1KTzr9o

Is Lawrence of Arabia the GOAT?

You can do better user

He was a good friend

I Stand Alone (1998)

Kek I wish they'd just cast and Arab guy for that role.

Agreed. All equal opportunity shit aside, it just looks dumb.

You do know that today is just a response to history, right?

i don't think i follow, could you elaborate?

This meme was never funny

Why are all of Sup Forums's memes so shit?

Stop whining and post a movie or fuck off

Here's Catherine Hepburn as an asian.

They didn't want/couldn't hire minorities in Hollywood before, so white people played all the roles.

Except there's a massive amount of them in Lawrence of Arabia. For some reason Alec Guiness plays the Arab prince. He looks really out of place.

Much of this shit is hilarious in retrospect, but it shows you where the industry comes from.

Trying to push minorities into roles is the logical response now.

but what are you trying to say with 'today is just a response to history'?

did you mean that all the minority casting and SJW stuff going on today is just trying to make up for the lack of casting of minorities in the past?

Yes, without any big roles. Omar admittedly plays a large one, but he's British and Quinn is American.

Hiring actual minorities as anything more than extras was VERBOTEN of the highest order.

I think that was his meaning

I'm saying it's a natural evolution of the industry.

Have some Christopher Lee as FU MAN CHU

I just love these.

>wanting to watch some filthy dune coon instead of Genuine Class

The purest of kino

He wasn't a convincing Arab in the slightest. Took me out of the film

>pushing minorities into roles
i dont' think you have ill intent with this phrase but I think it's more of a return to the natural equilibrium than a 'push'

this

THE GOAT

Is there more pure horror kino than Begotten?
youtube.com/watch?v=lHXgNn18z90

pretty sure i only lasted like 15 minutes when trying to watch this

very kino youtube.com/watch?v=46crDdYw0Ck

To be honest tho, he played Faisal very well.

I think if you're going to be making a movie for white audiences, which is what most studios do because white people just have the most amount of dispensable income, then you shouldn't try to play "oh we're trying to represent everyone". Making a white movie? Do your all white cast, and live with your choices.

One of the big problems I perceive with the shoving of minorities into white projects is the fact that minorities are always playing sidekick and minor roles. Over time, this has ingrained (and this might have been the intent) into everyone's minds that the important and most talented people are always white, and the token niggers, asians or otherwise are just there as their subordinates.

Here, have a black Angelina Jolie.

I personally think that it was okay that Faisal was played by Alec. But by the same token, blacks and asians ought to be able to play white characters too if they're good for the part.

But we can't have that.

Nah. Just have actors play characters that are their actual race. I don't wan't Jolie playing a black person because it looks fucking retarded. I don't wan't an asian playing a white person for the same reason.

Yes, Repulsion.

why are white people so scared of seeing other races in their movies? Don't you want the best actor to get the job?

For characters with pre-set ethnicities, play them as they were. But for new characters, wouldn't you want the very best actor instead of just the best white actor.

I see what you mean about sidekick minor roles, but tht'as only a product of your wish for white people to be mains in movies. And fuck, when rogue 1 had a female as their lead Sup Forums freaked out.

I got hard watching Begotten

Stalker 1979

Weird stuff desu, quite uncomfortable

who /kg/ here