So is making top 40 music that won't make it to the actual top 40 is the easiest way to get praise by music critics...

So is making top 40 music that won't make it to the actual top 40 is the easiest way to get praise by music critics nowadays?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vmgp7MHzmBM
youtu.be/SXiSVQZLje8
youtube.com/watch?v=PT2_F-1esPk
youtube.com/watch?v=um0SzCIG2vA
youtube.com/watch?v=Fm5mrWx0yNM
residentadvisor.net/reviews/20136
residentadvisor.net/reviews/18151
youtube.com/watch?v=EPFvbc4onks
youtube.com/watch?v=0QunjhN6wTM
youtube.com/watch?v=8RYudOmSk80]
youtube.com/watch?v=OM33anTtEVE]
youtube.com/watch?v=lv2ewr4A3SE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

/crusher/

Probably
this

>t. musically illilterate
HD is not top 40 music

youtube.com/watch?v=vmgp7MHzmBM

jesus this is awful lmfao

>youtu.be/SXiSVQZLje8
>youtube.com/watch?v=PT2_F-1esPk
>he honestly beleives Hannah Diamod sounds like these songs, two top 40 hits

Find me a single top 40 song that sounds like this
>youtube.com/watch?v=um0SzCIG2vA

Starboy and I Feel It Coming by The Weeknd and Redbone by Gambino are top 10 and better than this shit

Only if it's ironic

>Redbone by Gambino
thats funny because that song is weaker than this
youtube.com/watch?v=Fm5mrWx0yNM

I love Connan Mockasin but that doesn't mean Hannah Diamond is good?? like what's your point even. Complete shite desu that you're better off

ya, but they don't sound like hannah diamond which is the point OP was trying to make.

yeah because you mentioned two songs that don't even sound like the HD song dumbasss

it's part of an agenda mainstream publications are advancing to send the message that mainstream music has more artistic value than alternative music

Hannah Diamond isn't mainstream

Just because it sounds like top 40 [ it doesn't, no one could even make a case ] or pop does not mean that it automatically has less artistic value than ""alternative music""

the funny thing is pc music barely gets any praise. besides TMT whos giving their releases high praise?

its good music. rather listen to them than actual top 40s

ra

yes because you asked me to find you a top 40 song that sounds like Make Believe, so I found you 3 top 10 songs that are better than Make believe and Hannah's whole discography

3.5 is high praise?
residentadvisor.net/reviews/20136

how those a funk pop song and a daft punk electro pop song with male vocals might i add
sound ANYTHING like HD?
please break it down to me how those 3 songs sound like it all

>you told me to do X, so I did Y
we aren't comparing their "goodness"
we are comparing their sound. the goal is to find a top 40 song that sounds like Hannah Diamond

well i guess they changed their minds

residentadvisor.net/reviews/18151

sophie isn't pc music m8

if you don't like pc music you are an idiot

youtube.com/watch?v=EPFvbc4onks

how is this not the best thing ever

oh come on just because it wasnt released on pc music. its basically the same shit

no its not at all two different goals.
considering a good chunk of sophies songs are instrumental
hes more like frank ocean being affiliated with odd future

compare his remix of gfoty song to the original youtube.com/watch?v=0QunjhN6wTM

sophie's better than the lot of them and shouldn't get bunched with em

AG Cook and SOPHIE are both great. I think it's a personal taste thing hether you find one better than the other.

This song [youtube.com/watch?v=8RYudOmSk80] just scratches an itch that SOPHIE can't ever do. SOPHIE's music is uncomfy where PC music is more comfy imo

because thats not what sophie is trying to do. hes more closer to autechre. while pc music takes influence from zedd and such(which that song you was originally for)

I'd like to think it's from the POV of his featured artists.

I know exactly what you guys are talking about, I was just saying that it sounds like top 40 shit and even top 40 shit has better songs. Now, I can't point a similar top 40 song because I don't usually listen to top 40 songs but both of you can't even deny that it sounds like music that is aimed for that audience. It's so fucking obvious.

failing on all fronts.
what do you mean when you say "that audience"?

>I can't show you proof but you know I'm right

top 40 music audience?
or people who have top 40 music tendencies but think they're better than doing so so they listen to obscure or hip pop music so they don't feel as bad
you know it's true. I think I should point out I like some of SOPHIE's songs and a couple of songs on their pc music compilations, so I'm really not hating.

seeit doesn't need a proof because if you listen to her songs that's the proof

I just think they are making pop music. If they wanted to make top 40, they would
[They have see: youtube.com/watch?v=OM33anTtEVE]

things released on PC music are typically pop songs, but I don't think they make music aimed at only people with top 40 tendencies. More IDM sometimes, no?

Yeah bringing Yachty on your song = aiming for top 40 if we ignore how generic the song already is. I wouldn't call it IDM but SOPHIE yeah, the others no. By the way, I just noticed you said earlier The Weeknd's songs are electro pop which is true, but you asked how am I comparing. Don't you think Hannah Diamond's songs are electro pop too?

If that was enough proof this wouldn't be an argument in the first place

I'm not referencing that song. Take a look at something like this, so you actually know what you are talking about. That song wasn't even released on PC Music.
youtube.com/watch?v=lv2ewr4A3SE

SOPHIE isn't pc music

LMAO

where the fuck have you been shithead? did you just hear about pc music today?

two songs can be considered "hip hop" and sound really really different, no?

two classical pieces can sound very different.

two noise songs can sound very very different

Just because songs share a genre doesn't necessarily imply that they sound very close.

yes they are electro-pop, but the genre is fairly broad. There are clear production differences.

ROLLAN