Christine Chubbuck Tape Exists

A few months back, we published an article that centered around a curious and tragic figure in the history of American broadcasting: Christine Chubbuck, an on-air correspondent for a news station in Sarasota, Florida, who in 1974 shot herself on live television. In an odd coincidence, there were two movies about Chubbuck at Sundance this year, and we explored the ongoing search for the video of her death. It had long been unclear if such a tape exists, despite years of searching by the so-called "death hags" on Findadeath.com.

Yesterday, we got a call that confirms the tape's existence. While reporting the original story we had reached out to Mollie Nelson, the widow of the owner of Chubbuck's news station, who the death hags theorized had a copy. She called us back Tuesday afternoon to explain that she has the video — her late husband Robert Nelson had kept a copy of the tape all these years, though Mollie says he never told her why.

When he died, it stayed in her possession. But after the Sundance debut of the quasi-documentary Kate Plays Christine, in which a former news station employee suggests that Nelson might have the tape, people started contacting her asking to see it. The attempts made her uncomfortable, so she gave it to an unnamed "very large law firm" for safekeeping. She says has no plans to ever make it available and only held on to the tape to honor her husband's wishes. It seems, then, that the wait to see a tape nobody really needs to see continues.

vulture.com/2016/06/christine-chubbuck-suicide-video-exists.html

yeah I just torrented it, spooky shit

webm that shit, man

I'd be more interested in her sex tape really.

It aired live, so shouldn't there be lots of copies available?

millenial?

'74 people didn't just tape randomly the news of some local shit station

> implying anyone in 1974 was taping live local television

sure after you roll quints

Surely someone was DVRing it though.

give it to me

Gr8 point 2bh

She looks like a man in drag

Why didn't you save her, Sup Forums?

She killed herself because she was a virgin and couldn't find a man. She looks fine looking so she probably had insanely high standards.

Back before you were a sperm in your daddy's balls, taping something on tv required planning in advance. No one knew she was going to commit suicide on air and she didn't give a long speech announcing her intentions.

Apparently she had a few love interests, one died in a car accident and the other her parents didn't approve of because he was Jewish.

could you repeat that?

Yeah, I know the story. She was really sexy, too bad about the insanity.

>when a woman is depressed, she kills herself
>when a man is depressed, he kills a bunch of people and then himself
Explain this shit.

Damn, I've always wanted to see that video.

why didn't she just go out to dinner with a guy and then fuck him. what's so hard about losing your virginity when you're a woman??

She came from a well to do family and lived in Ohio...I imagine she was brought up with a strict moral code (this was the 50s and 60s)

Well that or she had some sort of psychological issuesThese are two different cases you moron

Not always. That's a pretty shitty generalization to make.

Nothing, she was just crazy.

Crazy bulimic Chad whore. Daily reminder that death is preferable to women than dating one of us.

>She was really sexy
the fuck no she wasn't, she wasn't a monster but by no stretch of the imagination was she sexy.

>parents didn't approve of because he was Jewish.
Good parents, saving their child from a fate worse than death

Looks good to me, a nice Jewish hairy chick. Too thin if anything.

dem brows tho

She plucked in :(

>saving a successful independent women
How?

>chad chaser who killed herself because chad wouldnt fuck her

This reminds me of that grizzly man tape that the faggot director destroyed because "no one should listen to this". Just a soft person deciding what the rest of us should be exposed to.

This sort of shit infuriates me, especially in this case. This lady shot herself on camera with the intention of having a bunch of people see it, covering up the tape literally goes against her wishes.

>women can't be insecure

did you seriously just call Werner fucking Herzog a soft faggot?

>not having multiple D's by the time you're 16

ladies your doing something wrong

>grizzly man zape
I don't remember the website but there's a very detailed timeline of what happened in that night. Also partial transcripts.

She didn't kill herself. The station manager shot her when he transformed into a werewolf.

Bullshit, when a woman is depressed/crazy she kills her kids and then herself. Men kill themselves and that's it.

Based on him talking about that tape, yes. It's not his decision to make, and only a soft egomaniac would make a call like that

say that to my face not online and see what happens

Actually I'm gonna have to backtrack, he went on to say that advising the owner to destroy the tape was stupid.

>She killed herself because she was a virgin and couldn't find a man
you mean CHAD

Why are there literally no recordings of MST3k K00 - K03 then?

Giving your v-card to anyone but a Chad equals loss of dignity and self respect. I can't blame her.

DOUBTLESS IS IT NOT SO

Was that intentional?

That aired when everyone had VCRs tho

first off he didn't destroy it, and don't you EVER talk shit about herzog again, okay?

I think that audio is kept in a safety deposit box by the ex-gf somewhere.