Anthony Hopkins, Al Pacino Movie Makes Just $141 at British Box Office

>Take two Oscar-winning actors, add five movie theaters, multiply by a boatload of negative reviews, and what do you get? An opening weekend of $141.
>Yes, $141. Over three days. That’s all that “Misconduct,” a legal thriller starring two of the most acclaimed actors alive today — Al Pacino and Anthony Hopkins — managed to rake in at the box office in Britain over the weekend, according to figures released by Rentrak Tuesday.
>The movie was shown at only five locations in Britain, in theaters belonging to the Reel Cinemas chain. Even so, its takings averaged less than $30 per moviehouse, which translates to only three or four viewers at each of the five cinemas throughout the course of the entire weekend. The movie now appears to have been yanked from Reel Cinemas’ lineup. The weekend’s box-office chart was topped by another newcomer, “Warcraft: The Beginning,” which took $5.28 million from 500 sites.
>“Misconduct” cost $11 million, according to IMDb
variety.com/2016/film/box-office/anthony-hopkins-al-pacino-movie-bombs-british-box-office-1201790546/

How is that even possibe?

film studio fucking them over by burying it with zero marketing

JUST

It's probably a money-laundering scheme.

Everyone realized Pacino and A-hop are washed up af and havent been in a good film for over 10 years

I'm pretty sure most people today don't know who Al Pacino or Anthony Hopkins are.

Moviegoers are well acquainted only with Marvel films.

Misconduct was okay btw, not good, but not bad either.

Amazing.

>money laundering scheme
>$141
must have been their first time fucking up this badly

I need to sit down and have a sip from my Dunkaccino.

>two tickets alone are close to $50
>can't even two couples to a see an al pacino movie

Has Pacino made anything good in the last 10 years?
Is Insomnia the last good film he's been in? That was 2002.

Pacino's last 4 films, before Misconduct, have been fucking stellar. well, maybe not The Humbling, but Manglehorn, Danny Collins, and Phil Spector all had great performances by him. You Don't Know Jack is another example of latter day Pacino delivering. people have simply lost interest in him after a string of bad shoot-em-ups he made to recuperate financially from someone stealing a shitload of his ducats.

A good perfrormance doesn't make a film good. Those films are trash. By that logic, Jack and Jill is also a good movie because it has a good Pacino performance. The dude doesn't give a fuck, he knows he is already a legend so chooses every part they offer him.

>i don't know how money laundering works

Maybe the brits can't go to the movies during Ramadan

oof, i wouldn't want to get a bite would from her

Never heard of this. No marketing whatsoever.

i know you're meming, but just in case, the movie cost more than 141 doll hairs

We know you don't you fucking idiot.

This

Well, fuck.

probably explains the $141.
>big actors have contracts to appear in so many movies with particular studio
>their contracts are approaching expiry and they still have one film left to do
>studio decides to make them earn their dosh
>throw in a cheap arse director and crew, hoping the star power alone will provide profit
>film turns out to be complete dogshit
>drop all marketing and let it ride out into nothingness

i didnt even know what this movie was or that it was being made.
how the fuck was there no news or commercials or anything before its release?

>take a huge tax loss against earnings.

You can't be this stupid?

...I've come to talk with you again

Al JUSTino

jesus christ

oh i saw this movie for free

Did they go to the Louis CK school of marketing?

>How is that even possibe?

What makes it even more impressive is the fact that we don't even use dollars over here, we use sterling.

Underrated post

Why do studios even release anything in theatres that's not superhero related?

It's what people want to see. Leave this crap at Cannes. 11 million dollars? Might as well have flushed money down the toliet.