Bands or artists for top 40 listeners that think they are too unique for top 40 when they really aren't

Bands or artists for top 40 listeners that think they are too unique for top 40 when they really aren't

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VewCBGU77eQ
dontpaniconline.com/magazine/music/read-grimes-love-letter-to-star-wars
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Swans

Hate this bitch and all her snowflake fans

She's ugly as shit so she gives losers the impression they could actually hook up with her, le quirky indie girl x) she's the mu version of redditors lusting over a female star wars fan

Arctic Monkshits

Radiohea

Tame impala

>Radiohead
>Arctic Monkeys
>Tame Impala
>Queens of the Stone Age
>Grimes
>Kanye West
>Weezer
>Foo Fighters
>Arcade Fire

>Kanye West

he literally thinks he's music's biggest figure on earth

Devin-san is my waifu

Wrong example. Could you imagine songs like Scream, Dream Fortress, Caladan, Colour of the Moonlight in the charts???
You're just an asshole.

You fags have such little self awareness it hurts

I FUCKING DESPISE grimes, she is everything wrong with the "independent' scene right now, she is a caricature of all the absolute worst stereotypes that were happening in the early 2000s at the time. She basically signalized the death of any self respect and just regurgitation of shit like le quirky X) and le weird that is self indulgent beyond justification. theres absolutely nothing creative or unique about grimes music. if you were to strap away all the gimmicky music videos and forced eccentric image of it your average top 40 taylor swift fan would be perfectly complacent in enjoying it. thats why i despise modern indie culture at this point too. its just basic unimaginative pop music with pretensions of being "artistic"- meaning its the most fraudulent and insincere form of art. watch interviews of grimes to only be further depressed in how such an untalented and uncreative fraud can fool both critics and the masses into looking creative. the kind of person to hesitate when asked about favorite films before responding tarkovsky. jesus christ.

also, she is mainstream. she will be, at least, in time. maybe 1-2 years. her fans think shes some eccentric artist only for a select few, but theyre very unimaginative and thus only rationally see it as "too weird for the mainstream".

Death Grips

>another troll going supernova

*slow claps*

*steps out of the shadows*

Heh... not bad, kid. Not bad at all. Your meme, I mean. It's not bad. A good first attempt. It's plenty dank... I can tell it's got some thought behind it... lots of quotable material...

But memeing isn't all sunshine and rainbows, kid. You're skilled... that much I can tell. But do you have what it takes to be a Memester? To join those esteemed meme ranks? To call yourself a member of the Ruseman's Corps? Memeing takes talent, that much is true. But more than that it takes heart. The world-class Memesters - I mean the big guys, like Johnny Hammersticks and Billy Kuahana - they're out there day and night, burning the midnight meme-oil, working tirelessly to craft that next big meme.

And you know what, kid? 99 times out of a hundred, that new meme fails. Someone dismisses it as bait, or says it's "tryhard," or ignores it as they copy/paste the latest shitpost copypasta dreamt up by those sorry excuses for cut-rate memers over at reddit. The Meme Game is rough, kid, and I don't just mean the one you just lost :^). It's a rough business, and for every artisan meme you craft in your meme bakery, some cocksucker at 9gag has a picture of a duck or some shit that a million different Johnny No-Names will attach a milion different captions to. Chin up, kid. Don't get all mopey on me. You've got skill. You've got talent. You just need to show your drive.

See you on the boards...

autism

kanye west

autism

youtube.com/watch?v=VewCBGU77eQ
OK BITCH ITS WEEZER AND ITS WEEZY

You're just cherry picking songs. Anybody can do that.

So every good rock band that's somewhat mainstream?

dontpaniconline.com/magazine/music/read-grimes-love-letter-to-star-wars

>Unironically referring to people as fags for liking something you don't like
>Calling out lack of self awareness
Lol go find a mirror, dude.

Back in 2012 I would've agreed with you on her looks, but she's looking fine now.
Her music is still shit though, some things never change.

The Foo Fighters and Radiohead aren't mainstream you hipster fuckwit.

both have multiple best selling records.

Foo Fighters are about as mainstream as a rock band can get

>Foo Fighters aren't mainstream

Is this a joke

Giving up on this one a bit early, I'm surprised anyone took that seriously

Dirnt looks like he belongs in a stoner rock group

But not with just any artist - which is the point.

>grouping Foo Fighters and Kanye West with Radiohead, Grimes, and Queens of the Stone Age

C A N C E R

>implying they don't fit together
kek nice one

this fag

lol

All Rivers wants is a nr1 song what are you talking about? Weezer is as pop as it gets

kek

>You're just cherry picking songs.
I could post other 20 different ones (radio unfriendly tunes). But you still didn't refute my point.

>Her music is still shit though, some things never change.
Way to make your argument null and void. Stay pleb, pleb.

Autism

This

fpbp
nice bait my man
shut up 21 pilots is secretly patrish

This, absolutely

>Timbaland knows they way to reach the top of the charts
>Maybe if I work with him, I can perfect the art

absolutely not

>UH, UH, UH, WELL DID YOU KNOW GRIMES IS THE MOST ORIGINAL ARTIST EVER AND HER SONGS LITERALLY SOUND LIKE NOTHING ELSE CAN YOU NAME AN X LIKE Y?

Jesus Christ you guys have gotten bad in the last couple of days, some absolute Livejournal-tier shit. Please return to your containment thread before I put a revolver in my mouth

U mad, bruh? Post the damn similar songs/artists then. You're all saying shit about Grimes (she's like this, she's like that, she's generic) but when asking to name similar artists or songs, you're changing the topic. Maybe because you have no arguments?

>some absolute Livejournal-tier shit
Livejournal is actually decent. Unlike this shithole.

>Maybe you have no arguments?

Well here's one: being different doesn't mean your music is good by default.

Or, why don't we try this: why don't you tell me something good about her shitty music instead of always putting the impetus on everyone else to go diving through their bins for similar tracks to Grimes' boring garbage? And when I say something good, I don't mean telling me "Grimes is so talented" "it sounds like nothing else" I mean an actual point, and then maybe this board will let you annoying cunts talk about the bearded lady without bullying you constantly.

lol grimesfags btfo

>the bearded lady

have mercy, user

>why don't you tell me something good about her shitty music instead of always putting the impetus on everyone else to go diving through their bins

Someone finally said it

this

Le skeleton hands

I would love to punch her to a pulp

I don't get it
is this a meme? only one of her 4 albums fits the OP's description

Chill down.
>Well here's one: being different doesn't mean your music is good by default.
But you should know that good or bad are subjective things in music. Could you prove that her music is bad? Do you see what I mean?

>Or, why don't we try this: why don't you tell me something good about her shitty music instead of always putting the impetus on everyone else to go diving through their bins for similar tracks to Grimes' boring garbage?
Let's clear things up: are you asking me to tell something good about her music despite the fact that you're a biased fuckwit that already has a fixed opinion ("her shitty music")? You're overstepping your boundaries, kid. If you're claiming that she's generic, then fucking prove it. It should be easy if that was true. But it's impossible because you don't have an answer. Your accusations are baseless like fake jewelry.

>And when I say something good, I don't mean telling me "Grimes is so talented" "it sounds like nothing else" I mean an actual point, and then maybe this board will let you annoying cunts talk about the bearded lady without bullying you constantly.
There were multiple arguments in the past, but you ignored them. There's a classical user that posted detailed analysis of her music.

>talk about the bearded lady
You just proved that you're a piece of shit.

>without bullying you constantly.
Hold on a minute: aren't crybabies like you whining that YOU were bullied BY the infamous Grimesfans? Which is which? Make up your mind, dipshit.

Kanye and Foo Fighters literally are top 40 though

>If you're claiming that she's generic, then fucking prove it.
>There were multiple arguments in the past, but you ignored them.

Right, like I thought. You talk big shit demanding everyone provides write-ups for our opinions but you handwave the same calls off and tell me I just never paid attention to ALL DEM GREAT POINTS made in the past.

What's to prevent me from claiming likewise? Actually now that I think about it, here you go: every time someone makes an accurate comparison or decent argument as to why Grimes' music is bad, Grimes fans like you call foul with no argument beyond "you're wrong". Like you, I won't reference any of those arguments.

>Hold on a minute: aren't crybabies like you whining that YOU were bullied BY the infamous Grimesfans

No. I am bullying you right now. Well enough that you felt the need to dip into your folder of dismissive Grimes reaction images. Got one of her smugly laughing, too? Preferably like the last two, where she's cosplaying Yolandi Visser.

>No. I am bullying you right now. Well enough that you felt the need to dip into your folder of dismissive Grimes reaction images. Got one of her smugly laughing, too? Preferably like the last two, where she's cosplaying Yolandi Visser

Jesus Christ, Grimesfags on suicide watch

Grimes is discount Bjork

>What's to prevent me from claiming likewise? Actually now that I think about it, here you go: every time someone makes an accurate comparison or decent argument as to why Grimes' music is bad, Grimes fans like you call foul with no argument beyond "you're wrong". Like you, I won't reference any of those arguments.
You wrote walls of text and STILL didn't prove why do you think her music is bad. Or are you a ridiculous snob who pretends that music taste is objective? You just don't like her music, it doesn't mean it bad or whatever. Plenty of critics/listeners/artists love her music, that's a mark of quality. It's not like she can't sleep at night knowing a philistine (You) totally dislikes her music. You don't matter anyway.

>I am bullying you right now.
Lmfao! Stop bullying people on Sup Forums, dammit!

No. She's the improved Bjork. Bjork 2.0 if you will.

Gorillaz and Mumford & Sons

Two fucking trash bands for people who think they are too good for normal radio music

>You wrote walls of text and STILL didn't prove why do you think her music is bad.

Nor did you prove how her music is good.

Also, you do realize that wasn't the argument on the table, right? My stance was that your arguments were bullshit, and by backpedaling and shifting the topic, all you proved is that you couldn't even understand the point of a fucking Sup Forums post.

>Cosplaying Yolandi Visser

Checked and kek'd

You started by claiming she's bad. You started it, you prove it first. Don't backpedal like you usually do. Stay on topic for once.

lmao nobody thinks that about gorillaz except little boys

That's not true.

>Jesus Christ you guys have gotten bad in the last couple of days, some absolute Livejournal-tier shit. Please return to your containment thread before I put a revolver in my mouth

ctrl+f the words "Grimes" and "bad" if that's too long for you to read

>No bantz
>No points
>NO U

Typical

>Asking Grimes fans to support their arguments

What do you expect from an entire fanbase of couch-surfing Coachella attendees? That they'll exert effort?

>being different doesn't mean your music is good by default.
It also doesn't mean it's automatically bad either - unless you're one of those people who can't tolerate new things/experiences that make them feel uncomfortable.

> why don't you tell me something good about her shitty music
She layers medieval contrapuntal vocal harmonies over contemporary electronic dance beats for dramatic effect.
There's your actual point, user.

see

I really can't stand these guys

Want a critique of her music? Here's some interesting analysis, probably written by this user >Again - it depends on the style of music. In small-ensemble situations (typified by the jazz and classical chamber groups) sonic interest is principally achieved through variations in scale, chord progression, time signature, and tempo (aspects known as the horizontal axis elements of music in music theory circles - since they're rendered horizontally in standard music notation) rather than through variations in sonic texture and timbre.

>In contrast to this, large ensemble situations (typified by layered/sample based music - ala Grimes - and classical orchestra/organ music) the opposite is true. Sonic interest is primarily achieved through variations of sonic texture and timbre (aspects known as the vertical axis elements of music in music theory - since they're rendered vertically in standard music notation) brought about by combining individual samples/instruments together in constantly changing configurations, while leaving the horizontal axis elements relatively untouched.

>One of the best classical examples of this latter method is Bach's Passacaglia in C Minor (originally written for organ, but transcribed here beautifully imo for full orchestra Johann Sebastian Bach - Passacaglia in C Minor BMV 582 (White Nights) Notice how, despite its extended running time and constantly variating sound, the horizontal axis elements described earlier are very simply defined and NEVER change (the entire song's chord progression consists of the same 4 chords repeated ad nauseum.) This is the sort of context in which the complexity of Grimes' music (especially regarding her earlier stuff) is based; constant, conscious variations in sound quality rather than formal structure.

Were are your arguments now, dumb haters?

*Where